Author Topic: Favorite Video game quotes.  (Read 6981 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Favorite Video game quotes.
« on: March 15, 2012, 07:11:04 pm »
On a goofy whim I decided to throw up this thread dedicated to those quotes from video games we feel are the most epic.

To start things off here are some of mine.

GO FOR THE EYES BOO, GO FOR THE EYES RAAAAAAGH!!!
-Minsc from Baldur's Gate.

"I hope I pushed the right button my dear brother." Examines machine. "What a very interesting device you have here. I'm not erasing anything important am I?" Laughs evily. "Remember, he is preparing take only one page my dear brother."
-Sirrus from the original Myst.

Can I just fall on my axe now?
-Karzak Hardstone from Stonekeep.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:56:53 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
Re: Favorite Video game quotes.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:51 pm »
Premier Alexander Romanov: Is it done, Yuri?
Yuri: No, Comrade Premier. It has only begun.
-Red Alert 2 (cue Hellmarch 2 music)
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline BlackHat

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:51 pm »
Oh gosh, I have literally pages of quotes that could go here.

Quote from: Neku Sakuraba, TWEWY
I remember, Mr. H. Your art kept me going. Every piece seemed to shout, "Enjoy life!" And outside my headphones, the rest of the world heard it, too. It was fun just standing here, looking... When I found out you were CAT, man, I just shook. I mean, I knew you were different the second I met you. The things you said... Somehow, they just clicked. I thought I finally met a guy I could respect. And now look... But I won't falter anymore. You taught me better than that.

Quote from: Joshua (Yoshiya), TWEWY
Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's Impossible.

Quote from: Beat/Daisukenojo, TWEWY
When I was alive, I took everythin’ at my own pace. Yeah. I wasn’t crazy about nothin’. Tha’s why my folks always bitched at me. “You gotta get into a good school! You gotta think about your future!” All they wanted was results, man. Like I really give a crap, you know? They kept expectin’ stuff I ain’t got, then made me feel like trash when I didn’t give it. They’d say, “Why can’t you be like your sister?” I hated it. So I quit tryin’ altogether.

Quote from: Opening Poem, Kingdom Hearts
Thinking of you, wherever you are.
 We pray for our sorrows to end,
 and hope that our hearts will blend.
 Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
 And who knows:
 starting a new journey may not so hard
 or maybe it has already begun.
 There are many worlds,
 but they share the same sky-
 one sky, one destiny.

Quote from: Barret, FFVIIAC
Wuddup, fool?! It's Barret! I AM the man! Oil, Cloud! I just found the biggest, goddamn oil field you ever seen! Surveyin's done, so I should be able to get out there and see Marlene soon. You let her know, alright Spiky?!

Quote from: Tifa, FFVIIAC
Look at you: you think you've got it so damn hard. Well, you hate being alone, so let people in! Sure, you may not answer the phone, but I don't see you throwing it away, either!

Quote from: Cloud, FFVIIAC
I pity you. You just don't get it at all. There's not a thing I don't  cherish!

I'll post more, if this thread gets more posts.
Currently working on: Rose Lalonde
No set day order yet for Kumoricon, but tentative cosplay is:
fem!Scout, Rose, Quote
Always open for reworking. Only issues I'm concerned about is Quote's gun and fem!Scout's gun; Never worked with props.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:07:33 pm »
GRIND UP A PIG!  PUT IT IN A CAN!  SCRAPPLE!!!
YES, I AM A SCRAPPLE MAN!  I THINK I'LL HAVE ANOTHER CAN!

(A "commercial" from Whacked!)

Tal: I know you're not a soldier, Elco, so just keep your head down and don't do anything... clever.
Elco: Okay, and Tal? Don't do anything stupid.

(A conversation from Sudeki)
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Yatterman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:18:25 am »
*warning spoiler*

Classic Tails-"Dr.Robotnik"

Classic Eggman-"Nobody calls me that anymore."
Yatterman-2010
Squall Leonheart-2013

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 03:28:36 pm »
Oh dear god, I could sit here and quote Dragon Age for hours. We (my friends and I) have discussions about dialogue that last for hours. Here are some one liners and my favorite wandering dialogue.

"Shut up and put your damn crown on" - Warden, after Alistair is made king

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools" - Anders, (Awakening)

"Dear Varric, please learn to parry. Your innards. Ouch"- Varric

"The "Only One in Kirkwall not Completely Insane" was considered" - Hawke

"Are there any thrones in your mansion, Hawke? All the chairs are so small"- Merrill

"You're elbow deep in wyvern **** and I'm the crazy one?"- Tallis

Shale: I have noticed that the painted elf seeks the attention of the Grey Warden.
Zevran: He certainly does.
Shale: (Snorts) I watched many such couplings during the time I spent immobile in Honnleath. Or should I say I was forced to watch. You do know that this usually ends in reproduction. I have seen it many times, indeed.
Zevran: Oh? That is not such a terrible thought. Creating a new life can be a great deal of fun.
Shale: So you say. I have no idea how a golem is created, but I doubt I shall be creating one anytime soon.
Zevran: Just as well, I imagine. Any lover of yours would no doubt be quickly reduced to a puddle of bruises.
Shale: So you see me winning the affection of another golem, do you? Most golems are slaves to whomever holds their control rod.
Zevran: Funny, it works exactly the same way for us as well.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »
My one all-time FAVORITE quote is from Gears of War...

"I've got your back like a butt-crack!"
I love Dizzy, he was awesome.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 09:59:18 pm »
Been playing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors A lot lately, so all my quotes are from there

Results from keep clicking the ladder in the first room of the game

Junpei: The ladder watches me. I sense that it finds me…wanting.

Junpei: “Hey, so did you hear what that shopkeeper said after his ladder got stolen?” “No, what’d he say?” “Further steps will be taken.”

Junpei: “So this friend of mine fell all the way down a 15-foot ladder.” “Wow, that’s pretty bad. How’s he doing?” “Oh, he’s all right, but he’s feeling pretty rung out by the whole experience.”
I should be writing these down… They’re comedy gold!

Junpei: I think the ladder is following me.

Junpei: “Trying to keep up with all the latest stiles has me all rung out…” “Well, if it’s a choice between being a step for someone else, and being a real social climber, I’ll take the ladder!” “What do you call a secondary ladder covered in people?” “A full B-ladder!”
Okay, I need to stop doing these before I hurt myself… Beside, this is no time making jokes! I need to get out of here, now!

Ace: "There's nothing in the drawer anymore."
Junpei: "Nuh-uh, there's air."
Ace: "How old are you, 9?!"

Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »
"You're Dead" yup that has to be my favorite :P
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 06:36:07 pm »
I believe this one is said by league champion Alder from the Pokemon Black/White games:

"Just because we don't understand each other, doesn't mean we have to reject each other"

Quite true.  A bit shocking to think it came from a game marketed to small children.  Sounds more like a quote from a philosophical anime.
If only more people would take that quote to heart.... *sigh*
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 01:05:49 pm »
Totally random and translated into English from the original Japanese by yours truly, from the original Sakura Wars game:

"Ogami-san... pants... KYAAAAAAAA!!" - Sakura, upon stumbling into the room where Commander Ogami is changing clothes (ineffectively) and has forgotten his pants.

Also, from Sakura Wars 3, the text of Erica's out-of-left-field way of waking up Ogami: "Good morning, good morning, bonjour!  Good morning, good morning, bonjour!  Ogami-san, Ogami-san, good morning Ogami-san!  Wake up quickly, bonjour!  Have a good day today, bonjour!  Spinning, spinning, spinning, spinning, spinning, spinning, spinning around, good morning Ogami-san!  Hey!"
2018 Plans: St. Gloriana Girls College tanker (Girls und Panzer), Kanan Matsuura (LL! Sunshine), Kitakami (KanColle) and possibly cafe maid.

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 10:26:18 pm »
I can't remember them exactly but the lines in the fourth boss battle in No More Heroes 2 where your battling Margret
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:45:02 pm »
Been playing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors A lot lately, so all my quotes are from there

Results from keep clicking the ladder in the first room of the game

Junpei: The ladder watches me. I sense that it finds me…wanting.

Junpei: “Hey, so did you hear what that shopkeeper said after his ladder got stolen?” “No, what’d he say?” “Further steps will be taken.”

Junpei: “So this friend of mine fell all the way down a 15-foot ladder.” “Wow, that’s pretty bad. How’s he doing?” “Oh, he’s all right, but he’s feeling pretty rung out by the whole experience.”
I should be writing these down… They’re comedy gold!

Junpei: I think the ladder is following me.

Junpei: “Trying to keep up with all the latest stiles has me all rung out…” “Well, if it’s a choice between being a step for someone else, and being a real social climber, I’ll take the ladder!” “What do you call a secondary ladder covered in people?” “A full B-ladder!”
Okay, I need to stop doing these before I hurt myself… Beside, this is no time making jokes! I need to get out of here, now!

Ace: "There's nothing in the drawer anymore."
Junpei: "Nuh-uh, there's air."
Ace: "How old are you, 9?!"

i love junpei why i had vic sign my game

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 12:14:59 am »
All from Fable II/III

"I wish we could be friends, then I could tell you secrets, like I'm going to set you on fire."  ~Gnome (III)

"Hah, do you really think my buttox look anything like that?" [shoots painter] ~Reaver (II)

"How dare he betray me, we had a gentleman's agreement, and just while I was betraying you!"  ~ Reaver (II)

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLS!" ~Walter (Fable III)

Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49:08 pm »
I have rediscovered the awesomeness called Jak and Daxer.

(From Jak 2)

Jak: "Where would you be without me, eh Dax?"
Daxter: "Probably not two feet tall, furry, and not wearing any pants.  God, I miss pants."
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 01:37:39 am »
Diablo 3: "My items are so cheap because I'll just take them off your body when you are dead... No offense."
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 01:52:33 am »
I have rediscovered the awesomeness called Jak and Daxer.

(From Jak 2)

Jak: "Where would you be without me, eh Dax?"
Daxter: "Probably not two feet tall, furry, and not wearing any pants.  God, I miss pants."

Oh my god that is one of my favorite quotes from the Jak games! :D That and when Daxter gets drunk...let's see here.

Daxter: (to Tess) Hey sugarplum. You new here? Well, whatcha got that's, uh, hot and... Wait, I've seen you before. You're with the Underground.
Tess: Shhh! I'm Tess. Torn sent me to spy on Krew. (Daxter looks at Tess's clevage.) Play along, and maybe I'll be able to get a few hands on a few of his secrets.
Daxter: Oooooh... I love 'undercover' work, baby! But ah, two can work better than one. Let me help you out.
Tess: Hee hee hee...
(Daxter jumps behind the bar counter and proceeds to drink all of its liquor.)
Daxter: Wow! There sure are a lot of bottles back here. (gulping noises) Whew! Ooh that's, ooh that, that goes down aah... Ooh boy, gee ya s'pose that's real gold floatin' in here? How 'bout this purple stuff? Glug, glug, glug... WHEW! That's the stuff!
(Krew appears as Daxter continues to consume alcohol.)
Krew: Jak! I need you and the talking rat to go around and make a few collections for me.
(Before he can continue, Daxter gets up from behind the counter, looking rather drunk.)
Daxter: (slurring) Hey there, five chins... how's crimes?
Krew: What's his problem, 'ey?
Daxter: Nothin'... I'm just fine... mind your own business... (falls onto his back, begins singing) I sometimes feel so very...
Krew: Listen, I have six 'clients' around town who are about to make money drops for me. I need you to collect each moneybag as fast as you can and 'take care' of any guards who get curious, mmmmn. Get to a moneybag too late and some townie might pick it up.
Daxter: ...DRRYY!... You know what's da trouble with you Krew? You got no vision... This place could be a real swingin' joint... Hop Heg Hiven with more dancin', more mac'n, more WOMEN!...

*shamelessly copied and pasted the dialogue in here*

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
Since I just finished Mass Effect 3, here's my favorite quote from the Mass Effect series:

Joker: It’ll be better than the old days.
Shepard: I hope so. I died.
Joker: Gah, you’re such a downer…
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:14 pm »
GETTT OVER HERE!

Offline Sorimatsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 11:34:46 am »
"Please... don't shake the light bulb!" - Referring to 343 Guilty Spark

"Listen Tinker Bell, don't make me...." Johnson to 343 guilty spark

"Dear Humanity... We regret being alien b******. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-a** fleet!"

"Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!"

Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-b**** machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it!

Gotta love sergeant johnson. ;D
Kumori-league Ref 2013-present.