Author Topic: maid/butler/cosplay cafe concept  (Read 1658 times)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
maid/butler/cosplay cafe concept
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:39:45 pm »
not entirely sure where i should put this-- but yeah i wanna see a maid/butler/cosplay cafe but im sure it wont apply.
but if this idea passed by your (the people that manage programs) heads and just dont know some good ideas, you can use it, or whatever reasons maybe, you can use it.

ok so when i was going to work i thought of many stuffs while listening to halyosy music-- then my mind passed by maid cafes and so far i thought of is~

themed tables~ it's pretty much a really fun and unique concept if you think about it. each table is served by a specific maid/butler/cosplay related to the theme. this, however needs awesome cosplays+acting skills.

e.g-- tsundere maid/butler/cosplay theme table, host club theme, kuroshitsuji theme, yaoi/yuri theme *bricked*, hetalia theme, kingdom hearts theme dable, etc

lets say a person sits in the tsundere table. a maid/butler serving that table must act as if he/she's a tsundere. if the server is cosplaying-- it must be a character whose role is tsundere (asuka langley, kagami from lucky star, etc.)-- depending on who is serving, he/she may even have to pull off a super tsundere move like "it's not like im doing this for you *while spoon feeding customer*" skit to the customer

now imagine a *hot* sebastian *guy* cosplayer and awesome in roleplaying sebastian-- im sure fangirls would wanna sit in the kuroshitsuji theme table XD (im not sure entirely)

like japan's cosplay cafes, roleplaying is essential to the theme. the server needs to stick to his character and never go out of character while in service. a sasuke should never smile as he serves, a sebastian server should always be gallant and graceful, a mikuru cosplayer should always be moe while service XD etc.

sadly, unlike japan culture-- people here may not take this concept in-- but we never know~
am just sharing what im thinking XD
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
Re: maid/butler/cosplay cafe concept
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »
I think it is a great Idea.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:09:03 am »
...is this an idea for the con, or are you thinking about a possible business adventure?

If the first one, chances are it wouldn't be allowed, at least not at our current location.  This Hilton doesn't really dig outside food, so it'd probably be for the best not to do this.

If the second one, there was a thread elsewhere about this sort of idea.  Let me see if I can find it...

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13524.0

...it looks like you were the last person to post in it, in fact.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:10:55 am by Washougal_Otaku »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:46 am »
i know about the thread-
i wanna see a maid/butler/cosplay cafe in kumoricon
but for the life of me i cannot manage business and just so that i thought of this fun idea-- might as well give it to someone who can use it~ XD
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:32:28 am »
What Washougal Otaku said is pretty much accurate, though... it would be a nonstarter in Programming. Maybe one of these days we'll be able to talk the hotels into allowing such an event, but it doesn't seem likely. :-\

Locking topic, 'cause unfortunately there's nowhere for it to go (metaphorically speaking) and it's not really a General Kumoricon subject.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.