Author Topic: Flash Convention at PNCA Feb 27th  (Read 3864 times)

Offline RioA

• Oni
Flash Convention at PNCA Feb 27th
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:24:37 am »
The anime club at The Pacific Northwest College of Arts is putting on an 6 hour convention going from 3-9, Pokemon Themed.

Badge is 3 dollars.
There will be a gaming room with Brawl, Melee, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, and a meet up for people with all generation pokemon games, red/blue, gold/silver all the way to Black/White. Bring your cables and all your games for massive battle and trade.

There will also be carnival events, facepainting, and a raffle.

Lastly, there will also be a merch booth where you can buy work from PNCA students that will directly fund the club.

We're still looking for more game systems, if you have some and want to help with the game room email me: rioarmare [a] gmail dot com

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
Re: Flash Convention at PNCA Feb 27th
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »
The anime club at The Pacific Northwest College of Arts is putting on an 6 hour convention going from 3-9, Pokemon Themed.

Badge is 3 dollars.
There will be a gaming room with Brawl, Melee, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, and a meet up for people with all generation pokemon games, red/blue, gold/silver all the way to Black/White. Bring your cables and all your games for massive battle and trade.

Lastly, there will also be a merch booth where you can buy work from PNCA students that will directly fund the club.

We're still looking for more game systems, if you have some and want to help with the game room email me: rioarmare [a] gmail dot com

For the merch booth, the work, will it anime/manga related or will it be something else?

Oh yes, where at PNCA is the pokemon event supposed to be?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:12:32 pm by Manganix78 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:49 am »
I'm curious about something. You said that this year's theme is Pokemon. Does that mean the next time this comes around, it'll have a different theme?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline RioA

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:41:25 am »
I'm curious about something. You said that this year's theme is Pokemon. Does that mean the next time this comes around, it'll have a different theme?
Well, they're calling it Pichucon, but I don't think they'll call it that next year, cause I'm going to make 'em change it for copyright reasons. So it might have the same theme, but who knows!

Offline RioA

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:43:13 am »

Badge is 3 dollars.

For the merch booth, the work, will it anime/manga related or will it be something else?

Oh yes, where at PNCA is the pokemon event supposed to be?
It'll happen in the main white/green/grey building, and there will be maps/staff to direct people to rooms. The merch booth will be very pokemon related. 8D

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:16 pm »
Just one more thing, for those who are lazy or confused, are there any easier ways to get there(bus, max, streetcar)?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 01:36:30 pm »
If they're talking about the place that I think they are, it's sort of in downtown Portland, just North of Glisan and a few blocks from the AmTrak station.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline RioA

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:07:30 pm »
Just one more thing, for those who are lazy or confused, are there any easier ways to get there(bus, max, streetcar)?
Yeah, if you catch the street car you can get off on 13th street and walk straight south (or at Johnson and walk west.) The Max comes pretty close on the yellow/green lines and you'd get off on at the Amtrak/Grayhound station like Washougal_Otaku said.

Official school address is 1241 Northwest Johnson Street, Portland, OR (Johnson and 13th)

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:28 pm »
I've already included a topic about this event in the plan your own adventure part of the forum already.