Author Topic: looking for easy going lap cat - NO KITTENS  (Read 2791 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
looking for easy going lap cat - NO KITTENS
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:40 am »
I'm looking for a kitty. Perferably an all black or orange cat that doesn't have a n.e.
Or an all white boy cat.
They need to be an easy going older cat. Or one that's not very super active. I'm gone all days on mondays and wednesdays so they need to be able to be alone for little bits. Litterbox trained, and they must be huggable and cuddly. I'm alone a lot and need a friend.
If you have their litterbox, toys, food bowls, and such, id like those too.
Id like a free cat if you can. Or a tiny rehoming fee of like 10 dollars.

Please, if you need to rehome a cat, I'm really lonely lol
I wanted a dog, but can't afford that.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: looking for easy going lap cat - NO KITTENS
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:54 am »
I'LL BE YOUR CAT.

But seriously, i'd suggest looking at the humane society. They get a bunch of cats in all the time that could use homes o3o Especially older cats.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:07:44 am by Saki-the-cat »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09:33 am »
Lol this may be odd, but you're like the 5th person to say they'd be my cat lol
I have tried, but sadly I don't have the money to get all new cat stuff so I was looking into getting stuff from the cats previous owners. Like I have cat food cuz the neighborhood cat is sickly looking, but he won't let me touch him lol

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:58:06 am »
Pets are an expensive responsibility in both money and time.  Really if you're doing things right they cost as much as a kid, except you don't have to worry about college and they die before you (well life expectancy is something like 20 years max and --most-- of our demographic is projected to have at least that many living years left).

I don't have a pet because I can't afford the time aspect and know it would be cruel to even try.  You should seriously consider how good of a 'parent' you can be in health and in sickness of your loved ones; before you go about obtaining them.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 10:05:17 am »
Um...I can tell you right now that cats do not cost as much as a kid, unless you constently spoil them with exspensive foods and toys. A cat will eat about a cup of cat chow a day, which you could get about a months worth out of a single large bag, and you would only need to replace it's litter every week or two, again, about a months worth in a larger sized bag. Other then that, the most a cat really needs are a couple food bowls, a litterbox, a scratching post (unless it's declawed), and a couple cheap toys.
All together, you're looking at maybe 30 to 40 dollars a month.
Of course, there is the possibility that the cat could get injured or sick. Keeping it inside could lower the chance of that, but it's still a possibility and as a person who's owned pets in the past, vet bills can be very pricey.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:36:15 am »
Thank you for your input MichaelEvans. I have had a cat before. And a hamster, a spider, three dogs, and taken care of a horse. I'm great with animals. Its just that right not, I don't have the money to go out and buy the 30 dollar litterbox and giant bag of litter. I get free cat food from the shelter I volunteer at and I make my own cat toys. And most of my shopping for pets is done at the dollar store.

I just really can't stand being aone anymore.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »
i understand the want for a kitty. i just moved and don't really have anyone to hang with atm. i just can't afford to pay the 200 dollar pet deposit at my apartment. (so pricey!) yeah, and the animals shelters charge wayyyyy too much for a cat. in CA (where i'm from) it's like 60 bucks to adopt one :( they put down so many kitties a year, maybe if it was a bit cheaper to adopt they wouldn't have to.
any cat past it's kitten stage is nice because you don't have to worry about the random craziness. i wish i still had my kitty Lenorah i could give you, she was a joy, but when i moved from OR to CA the first time i had to leave her behind. :( i wish u luck in ur search. u try the classifieds?
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:51:40 pm »
Thank You ^-^
Yea, I have but so far, all of them have been like purebred kittens for like 500 bucks.
Im trying some special needs kittys from OHS next

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:11:58 pm »
Go into hillsboro Adn go to the animal shelter by homedepo they have cats looking for good homes Adults are $10 for adoption fee. loveing cats all over in there who need homes ASAP.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 07:46:14 pm »
I may have to do that
Thanks hun!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »
Look for a good vet. Ask around all the pet owners you know where they take their pets for vaccines, flea medications and the like. Finding our vet took several years, but it's been well worth it. :D

You will want flea medicine, and we find the liquid kind works best.

As for things like bowls and cat littler container, you could probably get by using some spare dishes. Our water bowl for the longest time was our largest mixing bowl. We upgraded to a china water bowl a month ago (since our puppy kept knocking the mixing bowl over). We also bought china dishes years ago from the local pet store and haven't needed to upgrade them. They last much longer than any of our plastic ones and are easy to clean. Stainless steel ones work well too. :)
And when we needed a spare cat-litter when one of our cats had to be contained in the bathroom, we used a spare storage bin with 2" of cat litter in it's bottom. The cat had to jump into it from the toilet, but he was able to get in and out just fine.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 07:23:18 pm »
i really like the vets at the Cat vet clinic thats just for cats in beverton

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet