Author Topic: So I'm buying an adjustable dress form, but I need some advice, please! : 3  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
hello!
I've decided to invest in a high quality adjustable dress form, but I need advice on what to buy. I don't know what brands are good, if I need to order small medium or large (because they're adjustable, so that part confuses me.)?
Help, please? : 3
Any information is appreciated!!
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
i own an adjustable dress form and totally love it. mine use to belong to my great grandmother though, so it's rather old (and super sturdy, they just don't make them like they use to!). the size refers to how large the waist/bust/hips will get. i found a good chart for u to help u decide http://www.squidoo.com/singer-adjustable-dressform#module81831911  dritz is a good brand, so i think it should b fine. singer also makes dress forms too, if u wanted to look into those.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
: D Thank you~! <3

Offline Katacus

• Cabbit
Careful! A lot of dress forms will give you a variety of widths, but barely any height. I finally bought a Dritz form and the torso was so incredibly short >.< I ended up taking it back, but the same one worked out really well for my friend so make sure ALL the measurements fit :D

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Speaking of, how are they at varying in measurements between the waist and hip and bust? Like I'm a 32/29/36 and I've been holding off on getting a dressform that can make a good transition between the 29 and 36.... Can a Dritz (small) adjustable do this...?
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)