Author Topic: A revealation from an old school Otaku  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
A revealation from an old school Otaku
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »
You know it's dawned on me that well, I'm not getting younger in fact, I'm getting older.

And well with all the anime conventions and Orycons I've attended I've watched as adults around me have married and started having families of their own. And well it's dawned on me that well, I'd like a family of my own. However I recognize kids aren't easy. They're hard, they can try a person's patience, they can be messy, they can be expensive, and well they can be unpredictable. So I have no Walt Disney-esque illusions about what a family would be like. But the thing is, I also realize that I would like to get a lady who I can share my con going experiences and well...everything else in my life with as well as one day have some kids of my own.

The problem is well...being legally blind and autistic I tend to be rather introverted, and from what I've seen of the most of the dating scene it really is confusing. So thus far I've signed up for Plenty of Fish.com but if there's anyone else out there who has any recommendations on good dating sites this 30 something anime fan is all ears. (Meaning I'm listening.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:39:03 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: A revealation from an old school Otaku
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:52:16 pm »
There are alot of sites out there. but i haev a friend who found is girl on here im not 30 o.o im 20 but still i hope this helps and good luck everyone deserves to love
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/2551/MaiOtaku+-+Otaku+Dating+Matchmaking+Site.html
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:52:39 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:54:05 pm »
It's possible. I had been going to cons since 1978, and I met the girl who would be my wife at a vcon, and we've been married 21+years.

GOOD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

"RIGHT" THINGS HAPPEN.

WONDERFUL THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

One thing I can recommend - know your spiritual beliefs. Whatever they are, examine yourself and see why your beliefs stand on solid ground.
Next: Find a social circle or regular meeting that meets that spiritual intensity. This does not mean going all orthodox, just meeting your own level. There are many sorts of clubs or groups that match on spiritual intensity, from Yoga classes, to environmentalist meet ups, and 100s of churches and religions.

Be sure of where you stand and why.

THEN (although many have done otherwise,) DO NOT date OUTSIDE of that cosmology. You will be happiest if you find a "fellow traveler," and you can do that best once you know in your own heart where you are going and why.

The next trick is to find someone going your direction AT THE SAME SPEED as you are. That way you won't be growing apart 25 or 35 years hence.

Lastly, you and she have to become BEST FRIENDS. As in, closer and more important than your own family. The person you go to with your most troubling inner struggle is HER, not "the guys." Similarly, she tells her most intimate troubles to YOU - not at "girls night out."

That's all I have...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:12:37 pm »
Adding to the above
Some one you can eat with, say and meat-atarian and a veggie Petri wouldn't mesh well
And ditto on the best friends part, my hubby and I meet not because we were looking for love but because we wanted to find friends outside our circle who shared the same interest.

That said, one thing to remember is the more you love some one pre they love you the easier it is to hurry them our get hurt, because you/they care.

Also before kids a couple needs "us" time after being married
headband man and I are learning as we go with our little one, do far so goods
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:52:54 pm »
a silly thot came to mind would anybody like to do a group blind me and my friends did one a while ago in high school who knows u might meet ur true love