Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 9009 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Star Wars: The Old Republic
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:46:24 pm »
Yep it was bound to happen so i figured I might as well be the one to put this up.

A long, Long time ago in a Galaxy Far, far Away.

-Starts Star Wars theme-

This thread is dedicated to the New Bioware MMORG, Star Wars: The Old Republic. I've seen some Let's play's of it and this game looks very intriguing, so much so that I'm thinking of buying the collectior's edition and becoming part of it. This thread is dedicated to those hard core gamers who are part of the SWTOR game universe. Tell your stories about your experiences, show off pictures of your characters, or just feel free to comment. Enjoy, and...

May the force be with you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:25:25 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Javie

• Sailor Scout
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:26:07 pm »
Yep it was bound to happen so i figured I might as well be the one to put this up.

A long, Long time ago in a Galaxy Far, far Away.

-Starts Star Wars theme-

This thread is dedicated to the New Bioware MMORG, Star Wars: The Old Republic. I've seen some Let's play's of it and this game looks very intriguing, so much so that I'm thinking of buying the collectior's edition and becoming part of it. This thread iis dedicated to those hard core gamers who are part of the SWTOR game universe. Tell your stories about your experiences, show off pictures of your characters, or just feel free to comment. Enjoy, and...

May the force be with you.

Bounty Hunter, nuff said.
Plans for 2015

-*Maybe* Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
-Ruby Rose (RWBY)
-Sister Paula (Trinity Blood)
-Akame (Akame ga Kill!)
-Aqua or Ventus (Kingdom Hearts)
-Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »
I got two mains I bounce back and forth between, a Sith Marauder and a Jedi Sage. It's definitely worth getting, which I still find weird for me to say because just a few months back I was one of the people saying it wouldn't be a good MMO. Now I'm praising how balanced it is and how (relatively) bug-free it's been for an MMO launch.

Offline Javie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:09:27 am »
I got two mains I bounce back and forth between, a Sith Marauder and a Jedi Sage. It's definitely worth getting, which I still find weird for me to say because just a few months back I was one of the people saying it wouldn't be a good MMO. Now I'm praising how balanced it is and how (relatively) bug-free it's been for an MMO launch.

You'd be surprised how many bugs it has currently and imbalance of PVP and Raid content there is. A lot of people on forums are hella frustrated about the patch that hit with zombie operations lol. I'd stick with warcraft till Diablo 3 is out.
Plans for 2015

-*Maybe* Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
-Ruby Rose (RWBY)
-Sister Paula (Trinity Blood)
-Akame (Akame ga Kill!)
-Aqua or Ventus (Kingdom Hearts)
-Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:38:28 pm »

You'd be surprised how many bugs it has currently and imbalance of PVP and Raid content there is. A lot of people on forums are hella frustrated about the patch that hit with zombie operations lol. I'd stick with warcraft till Diablo 3 is out.

Oh don't get me wrong, I know there is bugs and some imbalance. But compared to MMO launches of the past it's pretty good. I remember back when WoW launched and how utterly imbalanced and bug-ridden that was. To me it seems like people are so used to how MMOs are after years of bug testing and patches that they forget what it was like back in 1.0 vanilla of their favorites.

WoW is still better balanced and less bugs of course, which is why my account is (relatively) still active. But give TOR some time to move past 1.1 and it'll really give other MMOs a run for their money. Especially with how well the story is put into the game.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »
I have yet to see any real major issues with SWTOR. True, I tend to avoid PvP like a plague, I'm just not into PvP, but on the other side of the game I haven't seen any glaring problems. I have ran into some bugs, yes, but nothing too bad.
Though the Smuggler nerfs haven't been much fun... :P

I play a Scoundrel on the Begeren Colony server. I've been in the game since day one of early access (not counting my time in the closed beta).

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 06:34:35 pm »
This game is the closest I have ever come to breaking my stance of not playing games that have a monthly fee. If I had a computer that could run it, I would have it and my life would be consumed with bounties!

I wanna be Boba Fett....

Offline Jelloz

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:53:26 am »
Imperial Agent and Sith Sorceress, really fun game but my other games are distracting me at the moment...  :(