Author Topic: Maid Squad 2012  (Read 19357 times)

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
Maid Squad 2012
« on: January 17, 2012, 01:49:30 pm »
oyos

i am returning as maid squad manager for 2012 and i figure that we might as well get the ball rolling now.

what is maid squad? well to make it simple, maid squad is a group of volunteers and staff who help out at the con while dressed as maids or butlers. this team is most commonly seen before events helping to manage lines to the big events at the con, but there are a few other areas that they help out in. the main goal of maid squad is to help out attendees and staff alike so that the overall kumoricon experience is a bit more enjoyable.

are you still reading and interested? yay~ now down to the nitty gritty of maid squad...

maid squad is part regular volunteer and part yojimbo as far as the overall duties entail. we have focused areas to help in unlike a regular volunteer and yojimbo. our biggest job throughout the con is line management for major events (and expanding to popular panels for this year). in line management we don't just keep halls and doorways clear, but we also find the VIPs who mistakenly get in line normally, bring water to all the thirsty attendees, even wait in line for someone who really needs to use the restroom so that they don't lose their hard earned spot in line. after seating starts, maid squad switch gears to ushers and help direct people to seats in order to maximize what little room we have for seating.

another constant job for maid squad is during charity auction as we have help showcase the items on auction. of course, we are more than willing to help out in other areas so long as we have enough team members to do it.

dress code... well it's been an evolving standard and for 2012 we have decided to expand the acceptable cosplays to certain dress uniforms. they would have to be worn properly but this means that select styles of school or military uniforms can be accepted. of course any maid/butler uniform or cosplay is acceptable along with lolita and gothic outfits. outfits need to cover the midriff and the skirt length must go past the hands. finally, the overall outfit must be family appropriate.

if you have any questions, please comment in this thread. otherwise, please pm or email me the following info if you are interested in joining maid squad:

name (forum name and real name please)
volunteer or staff? (to join as staff, you will need to fill out a staff form; staff is on-call throughout the con)
contact info
image/description of uniform/cosplay
preferred times/events to help out with

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
Re: Maid Squad 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:34:06 pm »
I am very interested in being in the maid squad.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:40:04 pm »
I am very intrested as well :D

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:30:55 pm »
If you volunteer for the squad, is it an all weekend dedication?  Or can you just do it an hour or two on certain days?  I want to help out but I don't want to have to sacrifice a lot of my con time. 

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »
oyos

as a volunteer, its a shift by shift basis. you only need to do the shifts you really want to do, but are under no obligation to do them all. only if you sign up as staff will you be required to work throughout.

whether you join as a volunteer or as staff, you will get a bag of goodies and better seating in the main events (after we finish ushering). there's supposed to be a free snack pass (aka con suite run) if you really need it since the shift you may be helping at was what would have been your 'recharge time'. if you sign up as staff then you get the general staff perks like staff rates and custom badges among other things.

i'm just happy enough to have a team to help out with these shifts. the more the merrier as well as easier it is on everyone. plus, there's instant love for the maid squad because it's all the little things like giving out water or pointing people in the right direction that really make a difference.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 07:17:18 pm »
I really want to help this year so badly because I love the maid squad so much OwO

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:33:49 pm »
name: Alexandra or Xan otherwise known as Wrath-Chan19
volunteer or staff? Volunteer
contact: I'm always checking the forums,so you can message me.
image/description of uniform/cosplay: It's a super plain maids outfit. I'll most likely wearing a wig with it.
preferred times/events to help out with: Well since I don't have much planed yet I'll plan around my shifts. There are a few panels I will be a part of and I plan on entering the cosplay contest. Also if there is a ball this year I don't want to miss it.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:06:27 am by Wrath-Chan19 »
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »
Alright.  Well my room mate really wanted to do it as a butler but said only if me and my other room mate do it.  I'll run it by him but for now here's my info.

Name:  Kori123, Kori
Volunteer or staff?:  Volunteer
Contact info:  Emailing is best.  Koristarfire@hotmail.com though texting me at 541-441-0529 is alright too.  (I say text because I'm so busy I can't usually take calls)
Image/description of uniform/cosplay:  I plan to do the Chinese Dress version of Hideyoshi Kinoshita.  Here's the outfit: 
http://download.minitokyo.net/Baka.to.Test.to.Shoukanjuu.446054.jpg
Preferred times/events to help out with:  Autograph lines to hand out water cups, registration lines to hand out cups, etc.  I'd like to do more service stuff.  Probably more towards morning events.  Some evenings but I'd like afternoon-y times free.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:12 pm »
name jacobblackfeather (Angelica Lindan
volunteer or staff? :Volunteer because I can't get to staff meetings.  (Unless I can get a ride)
contact info jacobblackfeather@yahoo.com Or Pm on here for sure I am always on
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=chibitalia#/d26v5yf
will get a picture of lolita when I get it.
anytime :D

I will update this info when I get more for it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:46:59 pm by Jacob_Blackfeather »

Offline AWickedMemory

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 02:39:53 pm »
Ha! I finally got accepted to the forum. 8D

name AWickedMemory (and you know my real name :3)
staff (I think? This is what we talked about, right? XD)
contact info You have pretty much every mode of contact I've got...
image/description of uniform/cosplay ... 助けてぇぇぇぇぇぇ~~~
preferred times/events to help out with Oh, whenevs you want me. :3

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 07:43:12 pm »
oyos

daryn-chan~ *hugs*

so if anyone lives in the greater portland area, i would suggest going to the March meeting. i will be attending that meeting (and i am a trimet commuter living out in aloha - between beaverton and hillsboro), so if you can make it, i'd love to meet you there. it would be great to have in-person input and if you are at least interested in what being staff has to offer, then you'll get the full details and plenty of past/current staffer feedback on the whole experience.

if you are still just going to do volunteer, that's fine too but please try to make it to the meeting!! we can really iron out a lot of what you can and want to do in maid squad and i'll be able to get feedback from you guys on how maid squad could do better from what you've seen at previous kumoricons.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »
I will do my best to be there.  I full time college and school so I have very little free time but I'll do my best!

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 03:36:32 pm »
I'll double check the date and see if I'm free but I'll try to come
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Oni Kitsune

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 01:20:17 am »
I'll double check the date and see if I'm free but I'll try to come.

The March meeting is tentatively set for the 11th in Portland/Vancouver metro area. At the meeting on Sunday they'll announce the exact date and location and I will update this response after that evening.

Update: Next meeting is Sunday, March 11, at 1:00 PM at the Beaverton Community Center.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:16:37 pm by Oni Kitsune »
Staff Titles

2008: Cosplay Staff
2010: Chibi Room Coordinator
2011: Chibi Room Coordinator/Assistant Vice Chair
2012: Assistant Vice Chair/Live Programming Manager
2013: Assistant Director of Programming
2014: Director of Programming

Offline loveberyikuto

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »
i might join but im not totally sure.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 09:32:46 pm »
name jacobblackfeather (Angelica Lindan
volunteer or staff? :Volunteer because I can't get to staff meetings.  (Unless I can get a ride)
contact info jacobblackfeather@yahoo.com Or Pm on here for sure I am always on
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=chibitalia#/d26v5yf
will get a picture of lolita when I get it.
anytime :D

I will update this info when I get more for it.

Name: Otaku_24 (J.T. Farr)
Volunteer or Staff: Volunteer
Contact Info: speedfreak2410@yahoo.com or (503) 781-2723 [cell phone]
Image/Description of Uniform or Cosplay: Shizuo Heiwajima http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=114270562046141&set=p.114270562046141&type=1&ref=nf
Preferred Times/Events to Help out With: Karaoke Contest and Closing Ceremonies

(I'll only be able to do this, if my mom allows me to)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:14:08 pm by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:46 pm »
I changed it.  I'm going to be Maid Serah from Final Fantasy Xiii-2.  I'll post pictures later.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »
I can't go to the meeting tomorrow, sorry. I have no way to get there

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »
What wrath-chan said I can't go either no money and no ride to get  there or I would go :C

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 12:43:26 am »
REDOING ENTRY

Name:  Kori123 AKA Kori
Volunteer or staff?:  Volunteer
Contact info:  Emailing is best.  Koristarfire@hotmail.com though texting me at 541-441-0529 is alright too.  (I say text because I'm so busy I can't usually take calls)
Image/description of uniform/cosplay:  Serah Farron from Final Fantasy XIII-2 in maid attire.  

(My webcam was doing a weird flash so to avoid it I had to set it to glowing mode.  Sorry!  You get the idea though)
Preferred times/events to help out with:  Autograph lines to hand out water cups, registration lines to hand out cups, etc.  I'd like to do more service stuff but don't mind holding signs and directing traffic.  Probably more towards morning events.  Some evenings but I'd like afternoon-y times free.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:45:18 am by Kori123 »

Offline Oni Kitsune

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 09:42:07 am »
Hi, Vice Chair's assistant here. It's a lovely costume, truly, however I can't really see how open it is in back and how long the skirt is. Is it possible to ask for pictures or a description of those aspects as well? I don't mean to be a pest or anything, but we do have limits on those sort of aspects of the outfits as well.

Thank you in advance for your understanding!
Staff Titles

2008: Cosplay Staff
2010: Chibi Room Coordinator
2011: Chibi Room Coordinator/Assistant Vice Chair
2012: Assistant Vice Chair/Live Programming Manager
2013: Assistant Director of Programming
2014: Director of Programming

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 04:03:14 pm »
Alright.  I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

Offline starlites

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:05:27 pm »
I was on maid squad last year, I'm excited to be again!

name: Starlites (Melody)
Sorry the picture is so big~

Time/shifts: Whenever I'm needed, If there is a set schedule, once I find that out I can work around it.

Homura Akemi- 70 %
Mio Akyama - 100%

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 10:28:27 am »
name: Deborah aka Panda-chan XD
contact: i'm constantly checking this and i has le email dooferthepanda@hotmail.com.
image/description of uniform/cosplay: its a pink maid outfit with frills everywhere and i has a white apron with little buttons on it, and a maid headband thing. umm i'll send a pic later today.
preferred times/events to help out with: I honestly won't care as long as i can help out.

Btw I live in Vancouver and a bus ride away from down town so i was wondering if i can become staff. is that possible at this time?

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 07:21:47 pm »
oyos

omg i am back from japan... well, i was back about a week ago but i am only now sleeping on the right schedule (and not japan schedule) and caught up with work that piled up on my desk while i was away. anyways, i am happy with all the volunteers and people signing up for staff as well for maid squad~ it makes me all giddy inside, but there's still lots of things that need to be worked out and can still use help figuring that out.

for now, if you are lurking this thread for updates, please confirm if you are still a go to do maid squad as a volunteer or if you have completed registration as staff for those doing this as staff:

Volunteer:
Kori123
Kai-chan
Wrath-chan19
Jacob Blackfeather
Otaku_24
Starlites
Panda-chan (or staff?)
*Gia (always does Charity Auction)

Staff:
Courtney
Amanda
Daryn

oni kitsune, am i missing anybody?

i am still hoping for at least 1 or 2 more staff maids to make sure there is a good base core of maids to help out. this is especially crucial when there are multiple big events that happen in close succession or overlap because then i can split the staff maids up into leading the volunteers in my absence from running around to all the events and making sure everything is going ok.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 09:48:07 am »
I'm still interested!

Sorry for lack of pictures. I just need to remember to take a picture when I have free time

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 11:37:49 am »
I got a new maid outfit I plan to wear for this now.  The character will be either an OC or Miku Hatsune.  I'll post pictures when I get the time.

Offline ArTsY26

• Oni
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:12 pm »
im intrested but not sure about it.

Offline Syaoran_Sakura.Kinomoto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 01:22:35 am »
whops looks like we're stepping into anther maid territory.
:3
Kumoru Con 2013 cosplay plan:
Friday: Secret Police Hacker Kagamine Len
Saturday: Black Rock Shooter (male version)
Sunday: Kagamine Len (Fleeting Moon Flower)
Monday: Secret

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 04:06:44 am »
Just wait till you see maid-kalagei. It will be awe inspiring!
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »
oyos

oh dear... i am stuck between "rofl" and "dumbstruck" on imagining maid-kalagei. will you be with or without tights? because if you aren't wearing tights, you better be shaving those manly leg hairs off.

on another note, who will be able to make it to the next meeting? it's beaverton again but i am still hoping for any of the maids that hasn't been able to make it to a meeting to try. it's so much better to figure things out in person and talking through things.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:11 am »
I got a show that I'm in
Sorry

Offline Chihiro

• Oni
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 04:49:02 pm »
I hope im posting what im supposed to in the right place!!!

name: Chihiro (Kayla Repp)

volunteer or staff?: Volunteer!

contact info: kaylarepp@gmail.com

image/description of uniform/cosplay: I dont have one yet but if i were allowed to be a part of the group I can easily get one appropriate for the group! ( I was thinking something like this might be cute : http://www.milanoo.com/Black-White-Short-Sleeves-Maid-Costume-p143092.html / or this one: http://www.milanoo.com/The-Melancholy-of-Haruhi-Suzumiya-Tsuruya-Cosplay-Costume-p5375.html) If that helps at all. haha Then id have a wig as well ^^

preferred times/events to help out with: I would like to help out on maybe one day of the con. Like some of the others girls have said I don't want to lose all of my con time! But I still think this could be so fun! I want to be able to get to the ball if there is one. And as of right now there is nothing in particular I think i could not miss. I do want to see the cosplay contest though.

Id just love some more information on this if possible so I can know how it works and maybe how shifts are made?

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »
oyos

yay!!! thanks for the 3 new staff maids that joined this meeting!! so there are 2 openings left for staff maid squad but the 6 that we have currently make a good foundation for what we will need to cover throughout the con alongside the volunteers who have stepped up so far, here on the forums. this will be awesome XD

the more the merrier, so if there's still people considering to help out as volunteer or staff, we will be very happy.

still don't have a schedule to work off of, but i am making a rough shift schedule based on the preferences i have heard back from most of you to see what events will still need people to work on.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »
I'm going to the meeting this sunday, will you be there? Cause I can bring my outfit to be approved!

Offline Tank

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 10:32:04 am »
We love you maid squad!

^-^ you guys helped so much last year!

Lets make this year rock too!

Thanks,

Tank, Yoji 1

I have yaoi fangirls?!

2009: line yoji
2010: line yoji
2011: Yoji 1
2012: Yoji 1

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 09:56:04 am »
oyos

if you haven't seen my email with the schedule of shifts, please pm me here on the forums or leave a reply in this thread.

thanks again for all of you who have volunteered or joined staff to help with maid squad!!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 10:52:34 am »
I'm already on the schedule (marquise), just stopping by to say hey! Also, I wasn't able to find an apron but I heard that there may be aprons and arm bands to borrow? Anyway, let me know :)
I have my black frilly dress already packed. See you folks at the con~
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."