Author Topic: Singles kumori meet up  (Read 90789 times)

Offline OtakuChef

• Cabbit
Re: Singles kumori meet up
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2013, 09:10:05 am »
 Catboy - Where are you staffing? I will have extra hearts and am already delivering a few to other staffers today, and tomorrow.

Well folks t-minus 9 hours or so till the meet up!

Guys I will have extra stickers in all colors, SO no worries all ^_^.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »
I left mine at home. >.>

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2013, 12:58:20 am »
I have stickers. I don't have pink stickers so if you want a pink heart, you'll get a red heart instead. I will be sandplay luka on staurday, shiny nineales on sunday, and monday is still up in the air. If I run out of stickers I'll say so but that is my line up, google a character when you have the chance if my singante is not enough.
I typo'd my name. It's Your-friend-Sushi. Pleased to meet you. C:

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2013, 01:11:57 am »
I ended up showing up at 6:30 but wasn't sure if the group was still there so I ended up leaving right after to pick up my roomie. Would have been on time if it weren't for the traffic...
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2013, 02:52:57 am »
I still have plenty of stickers. Sunday I will be a shiny ninetales, some things that will make me easy to spot:
  • I will have 9 tails on my backside. They will be up most of the day
  • I will be wearing a lot of white.
  • In the park I shall be dancing with silk fans
For the ball I'll be sandplay luka again, but I won't be carring any stickers at that time.

Offline OtakuChef

• Cabbit
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2013, 10:06:53 am »
Trying to do a meet up at noon at clock tower

Offline VioletChimaera

• Oni
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2013, 01:29:02 pm »
Name: Michelle
Seeking: Males or females of any (yes, any) age with at least some matching interests and taste (see below), for friends or more
Finding me: I'm going to be library staff at the tabletop gaming area in the Red Lion from 9-closing Sunday, except when I'm off for the horror manga panel, so it'll be easiest to find me at one of those. Pictures at http://www.okcupid.com/profile/violetchimaera/photos
About me: I'm into various kinds of gaming (board/card/video/interested in RPGs), anime, reading (mainly fantasy/sci-fi), and baking, amongst other things. I have a really hard time starting conversations with people unless I can tell they're interested in something I am, but if you just mention my post here, I'll open right up.

Anime tastes: Twelve Kingdoms is my favorite. If you see 12K as more than just an average anime, that's a good start. Higurashi was great and told a great story, but Umineko fell flat. Bakemonogatari was brilliant, but Nisemonogatari was pretty meh. Read or Die's OAVs were good fun, but the TV series was horrificly bad. Really enjoyed Kara no Kyoukai, El-Hazard, Claymore, Excel Saga, Mushishi, Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, and Nadesico. Really disliked Gurren Lagann, Code Geas, Robotic;Notes, Ergo Proxy, FLCL, and Hellsing Ultimate. A lot of anime goes to much for goofy stuff and gags for me, although I definitely enjoy some humor anime.

Gaming tastes: Heavier, strategy based board and card games, including playing-card games (ask me to teach you Doppelkopf). Hate games like Munchkin and Fluxx. For video games, I mainly play fighting and racing games, but also enjoy platformers, shoot 'em ups (not to be confused with FPS, which I dislike), action RPGs, strategy games, and horror games.

If you wanted to meet, but miss me at the con, feel free to message me on OkCupid.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:15:44 am by VioletChimaera »

Offline Magical Catboy

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »
Sorry, I misses the meetup, I think I took a picture of Sushi in the park on Saturday though..?

And I'm staffing artists alley. End of the con tomorrow though, so I'm not really gonna worry about the stickers I feel like I'm making friends anyway ^^
I just moved from Hawaii to Portland.
I would love to find some wonderful friends here who love not only anime and games, but the outdoors too!
Hiking, Camping, Swimming, General Adventures and Exploring~
If this sounds like you, message me! =^-^=

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2013, 11:22:24 pm »
I'm curious to know how this turned out

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2013, 11:29:49 pm »
Wel, I was too busy doing something else..So I couldn't make the meet up, but I DID see 2 of you (you know who you are) and it was nice to meet both of you. However, those stickers were extremely small that you were handing out (idk about the others, I'm only talking about the 2 that I met, also not sure if your other friend was on here or not but yea). Even whearing it and looking in a mirror in the room it was extremely hard to see tat I had it on. Next year we should go fot WAY bigger ones. Or even, we can go with bigger hearts made of paper or something and have a string around the of the badge clip, it would hang just below the badge if the string is long enough. That way you can make bigger sizes, as well as not blocking badge areas.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2013, 07:46:40 am »
Yeah, not having the sticker block the badge is a huge thing. According to the registration staffer that I had to talk to about printing out another badge for me, there have been reports of staff members freaking out at people who put stickers on the badge area but he was thankful that mine was in the upper area of the plastic holder where it didn't interfere. Apparently there is some sort of membership thing that is indicated by colored stickers on the badge and some of the hearts get mistaken for them.

I agree, the little hearts are barely visable, but it is a learning process.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2013, 09:08:51 am »
Jeimi, it was great meeting you, however briefly. :)

I can't recall seeing anyone with stickers other than us. Maybe once or twice? To be honest, they really were a bit hard to see at a glance even when I knew they were there, and a fleeting glance is really all you get most of the time walking around and talking to people. My eyesight isn't perfect even corrected, and on Day 0 I was wearing contacts with an old prescription, but I had my glasses on the rest of the weekend and still didn't spot any. 

It's cool, I had a ton of fun hanging out with Sushi and some other friends I met while I was there. But I think this concept needs some retooling and structure for next year. The hearts on the badges just don't "pop".

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2013, 04:08:21 pm »
I agree on the stickers even though I was handing them out XDDD They were the best I could do after looking in several store, sadly most of them craft stores. It was a pleasure meeting everyone that I did and really hope I can go next year. Perhaps we should invest in some neon lights lol.
In all seriousness, perhaps we have a solid time and place where singles can meet up. Say if you want to meet somene, you head over to the big gazebo? It seems to be a meeting place for many and that way, you have a better chance of meeting someone even if they aren't part of the singles thing. o3o
I very much enjoyed meeting everyone and giving out hugs and stickers. I truley hope we can all stay in touch and maybe exchange pleasantries again next year.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2013, 04:21:20 am »
^ Or better yet, not need to meet up at a singles meet next year because we're all taken by then.  ;D
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:42 am »
^ Or better yet, not need to meet up at a singles meet next year because we're all taken by then.  ;D

+1

XD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2013, 03:03:31 pm »
Another idea, Maybe tie a ribbon around the clip holder. Like you know, thae part that has the snap on the strap that holds the plastic holder? Tie a ribbon on that. Ribbon is super cheap at walmart so it's not like anyone is wasting money..And if some people want, they can be handed out at con with pins on the back of a ribbon bow that way they can clip it to the strap. I say on the strap, because it won't just slide off, as well as it's not blocking the badge, but it's still super noticable. And then use the different colors again.

Offline TyrianMollusk

• Oni
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2013, 03:06:14 pm »
Say if you want to meet somene, you head over to the big gazebo? It seems to be a meeting place for many and that way, you have a better chance of meeting someone even if they aren't part of the singles thing.

Except then people have to wander around all the other meeting there trying to figure out which, if any, people might be there for the same thing.

As far as retooling the available/looking markers... For something like this you really need good exposure and participation, because it doesn't do much good if only a few people have markers, and it does no good at all if people don't recognize the markers.  So I think you especially want a way to include more people, like having a marker for "not looking".  That way, people that aren't single can participate, which adds a big pool of people seeing and hearing about your markers.

The staff badges had a nice empty space to fit the heart into (I cut one off some pink note cards I had lying around), but I neither spotted heart stickers nor had anyone say anything to me about it.  Ribbons might be a good improvement, though they don't seem quite as easily modified for pseudo-singles, like people in open relationships...  Maybe a black ribbon for not-looking and a black cross-stripe to mark non-singles that are still looking.

Having a panel to talk about the markers or take further ideas for singles-meeting issues would have the additional advantage of letting you get the markers described in the program books.  That's a big win for exposure.

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2013, 02:26:44 am »
Not sure how exactly if it will work seeing as how i have never been to a con yet, but planing on going this upcoming year.
Look for 3 different types of keychains, most the time they are fairly inexpensive.

If your badge comes with a lanyard or something that has a way of hooking onto a keyring, then attach the keychains using the keyring.
That way it is not on your badge, it doesn't hide it, and it will be large enough to be noticed by the other people you are meeting up with.

keychain idea #1 = interested in females

keychain idea #2 = interested in males
keychain idea #3 = interested in both

Just an idea. (\(-.-)/)
I'll be waiting...for you...so...
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2013, 01:11:17 pm »
Not sure how exactly if it will work seeing as how i have never been to a con yet, but planing on going this upcoming year.
Look for 3 different types of keychains, most the time they are fairly inexpensive.

If your badge comes with a lanyard or something that has a way of hooking onto a keyring, then attach the keychains using the keyring.
That way it is not on your badge, it doesn't hide it, and it will be large enough to be noticed by the other people you are meeting up with.

Just an idea. (\(-.-)/)
No they don't come with lanyards, and I noticed most people don't use them. They are hard to wear when you have things like a lot of armor, or a wig that's styled..I had one at sakuracon2012 and couldn't take it off or it was gonna mess up my wig so I took it off at night, and never used the lanyard again..So this idea is probably not gonna happen..But what "keychains" are you even talking about....A keychain could literally by ANYTHING you hang from a keyring..Literally..If you mean the color of the keyring itself. that's totally not that noticeable..

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2013, 01:21:30 pm »

Just an idea. (\(-.-)/)
No they don't come with lanyards, and I noticed most people don't use them. They are hard to wear when you have things like a lot of armor, or a wig that's styled..I had one at sakuracon2012 and couldn't take it off or it was gonna mess up my wig so I took it off at night, and never used the lanyard again..So this idea is probably not gonna happen..But what "keychains" are you even talking about....A keychain could literally by ANYTHING you hang from a keyring..Literally..If you mean the color of the keyring itself. that's totally not that noticeable..
I mean it doesn't even have to be colors, I was thinking like for #1 hearts any color #2 could be frogs or something...you get the idea.
But if that wont work, and the sticker thing didn't work so great, maybe just make a heart out of something that will be big enough for people to notice and just find a way to attach it to yourself while still following the guidelines.
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2013, 02:03:29 pm »
Oh I understand. That would still work. You can still attach it to the badge clip, and have it behind, and hang under like my idea was..my idea was to have big hearts made that hang that way on ribbon or something..they will be super noticeable, and still follow the rules

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »
Oh I understand. That would still work. You can still attach it to the badge clip, and have it behind, and hang under like my idea was..my idea was to have big hearts made that hang that way on ribbon or something..they will be super noticeable, and still follow the rules
I think that is a good idea. Should be used for 2014 since the stickers didn't work out like you guys had hoped.
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »
I think that is a good idea. Should be used for 2014 since the stickers didn't work out like you guys had hoped.
Yep. I know i'll be making mine myself..I'm just gonna use green paper and a ribbon..I'll make a ton though, so anyone that sees me can ask for one. We should start another one of hese threads for next year..Like start fresh on a new thread, maybe get this one closed..Then once the con starts to come back around, create a new one, then post in the FIRST post what the colors are so no one gets confused or having to look for it in the thread somewhere like here..We could make the thread title "Singles Kumori cosplayers 2014" or something like that. If needed I know I can always start it. I keep up all the first posts when they need updating..

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »
Yep. I know i'll be making mine myself..I'm just gonna use green paper and a ribbon..I'll make a ton though, so anyone that sees me can ask for one. We should start another one of hese threads for next year..Like start fresh on a new thread, maybe get this one closed..Then once the con starts to come back around, create a new one, then post in the FIRST post what the colors are so no one gets confused or having to look for it in the thread somewhere like here..We could make the thread title "Singles Kumori cosplayers 2014" or something like that. If needed I know I can always start it. I keep up all the first posts when they need updating..
I have posted the new topic page. The title is:  "Single Kumoricon cosplayers 2014"
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:53 pm »
I have posted the new topic page.

The title is:  "Single Kumoricon cosplayers 2014"
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2013, 04:48:34 pm »
Works for me. So that means:

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS. OP obviously hasn't posted here in ages, so they are obviously not able to tell you, so I will. Thank you.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »
New thread link as requested to post here:
https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=18303.0

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2013, 09:20:54 pm »
I met my husband at a convention... a few decades ago.   :o   So, yeah, it's a great place to meet up.  Good luck y'all.

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:11 pm »
Sure why not? if i do go to this con ill be sure to come to this event.