Author Topic: Dance Dance Feedback  (Read 5183 times)

Offline snakeling

• Sailor Scout
    • http://cmdproduction.com
Dance Dance Feedback
« on: September 07, 2005, 02:36:08 pm »
This is Michael the Lighting, Sound, and Dance Coordinator.  I would love to hear what you thought of the Dance this year.  I'm looking for what you thought of the DJ's.  The Music Played.  The lighting.  Sound levels.  Stuff like that.  I want to make the dance even better next year so please help me out with your feedback.  Thanks,  Michael...

Offline Sesari

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=sesari
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 02:47:21 pm »
Kumoricon's dance music absolutely kicked Sakuracon's dance music's @$$. It was marvelous.

We weren't sure if you guys were trying to make the music coincide with the AMV's you had playing in the background, but it would be cool if you could somehow pull that off for next year. I know not all Anime Music Videos are made to dance music, so I understand how that would be rough.

There was decent seating, strategically placed water, and some pretty hip dance-sparring going on. The dance floor was a bit small... certainly too small for say, extra-extra-large conga lines and dance circles, but we still had fun nonetheless.

If we could just do something about the smell... but that's inevitable at dances.  :wink:

Offline Chocoboholic

• Cabbit
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 03:07:44 pm »
I loved it.

And I normaly HATE Dances. This one was fun, relaxed, and not too crouded. Sound was at the perfect level, lighting was great- you could see but it was still dark enough for the blacklights.
Current unrealistic Cosplay Dream:
Bahamut from FFX

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 03:11:35 pm »
My first con dance and it PWND!!!

I just would like to hear a lot LESS bad 80's music and a lot MORE J-music.  but we all rocked out t pretty much anything that was playing because our people were everywhere!!!

Oh man, the shirtless boys of it all . . .  :wink:
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Sesari

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=sesari
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 03:13:20 pm »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
My first con dance and it PWND!!!

I just would like to hear a lot LESS bad 80's music and a lot MORE J-music.  but we all rocked out t pretty much anything that was playing because our people were everywhere!!!

Oh man, the shirtless boys of it all . . .  :wink:

But, but... the 'bad' 80's music was what made it special!

I definitely liked Magic Dance, although I personally could've done without Rocky Horror's Time Warp.

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433551/
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 04:31:44 pm »
Quote from: "Sesari"

I definitely liked Magic Dance, although I personally could've done without Rocky Horror's Time Warp.

No nerdy dance party is complete without the time-warp.  (And no, I am not just saying that because it gives me a chance to dance on stage.  OK, well, maybe I am, but that's not the point!)

I was really, happy with the dance, but I agree the floor was a little too small.  The AMVs were a nice touch though.
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,
Tottaly sucks at not getting kidnaped

web

Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 04:41:16 pm »
I'm a big fan of rave-type dances and such, and I had a blast at this dance. I was suprised that no slower songs were played though. So far AOD is the only con I've heard slower songs played at, and imo it would have been nice for at least a couple to have been played at Kumoricon. If people don't want to dance to them then they can go sit down or get water or something.

Most of the music played was awesome, but my only gripe is that some of the transitions between songs seemed really odd. I don't remember any specific examples, but I noticed that several times the music would transition from a song with really deep and rhythmic bass to something with no rhythm at all. Sorry but I don't know how to describe it any better than that.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 08:03:09 pm »
I also thought this dance was a lot better than the one last year.  Last year I remember having to shout at my friends to be heard even though I would be right next to her ear.  That wasn't the case this time ^^.  I also noticed there was more Japanese music.  I didn't recognize it but I was able to hear Japanese.  I liked the occassional dance classic like "Thriller" and "Time Warp."

Overall, nice job.

Just to see what would happen (I'm not sure if you did this a one point or not, I wasn't there the whole time) how about playing a DDR song or two?

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 10:15:05 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
I also thought this dance was a lot better than the one last year.  Last year I remember having to shout at my friends to be heard even though I would be right next to her ear.  That wasn't the case this time ^^.  I also noticed there was more Japanese music.  I didn't recognize it but I was able to hear Japanese.  I liked the occassional dance classic like "Thriller" and "Time Warp."

Overall, nice job.

Just to see what would happen (I'm not sure if you did this a one point or not, I wasn't there the whole time) how about playing a DDR song or two?

They played Butterfly . . .

LOL!  The Mortal Kombat theme PWND me
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 09:50:30 am »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
Quote from: "Negima"

They played Butterfly . . .

I stand corrected then.  ^_^

Offline stark

• Stark!
  • Cabbit
    • http://starkstaebler.com
Re: Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 05:17:11 pm »
Quote from: "snakeling"
This is Michael the Lighting, Sound, and Dance Coordinator.  I would love to hear what you thought of the Dance this year.  I'm looking for what you thought of the DJ's.  The Music Played.  The lighting.  Sound levels.  Stuff like that.  I want to make the dance even better next year so please help me out with your feedback.  Thanks,  Michael...

I had fun... but I was only there the last hour.  It was an interseting time.  Thanks for playing headhunter and the doll factory song which I won't list here.  :D
Stark....   [size=15]Stark![/size]
          - Completely unofficial Title -
          Helping Kumoricon since 2003

Offline Roy_in_a_skirt

• Sailor Scout
Dance Dance Feedback
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 08:26:50 pm »
I loved it, and the only thing I would change would be the starting time. Minors didn't have enough time to enjoy the dance.
Kumoricon 2005 I went as Roy Mustang and wore a skirt on Monday with a note saying "I lost a bet with Hawkeye" attached to it, hence the username.
'06: Shuuhei
'07: Doumeki Haruka
'08: Kurogane
'09: Wolfwood (sort of)
'10: Gakuran-style uniform