Author Topic: Hotels Packed??  (Read 205372 times)

Offline moiramctaggart

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
Re: Hotels Packed??
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »
I called last week and both hotels are completely booked. I had to get a room three blocks away. (They only had single bed rooms available. Sucks for the four of us.)

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:59 pm »
I always forget to book my hotels 'til late... Gosh darn it xD
I like goats.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2012, 12:15:41 am »
i booked in red lion for myself... too lazy to change in hilton-- sadly, money is starting to become a factor =A=
i might ask for a room mate soon ghuuuuh

**planned to have a room for myself so that i wont get my armors and weapons in the way of others =w='
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline moiramctaggart

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
I called last week and both hotels are completely booked. I had to get a room three blocks away. (They only had single bed rooms available. Sucks for the four of us.)

Called both hotels again and they have rooms left afterall. But get your reservations in now!

Offline KelTheBard

• Oni
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2012, 04:01:48 pm »
As of this afternoon:  Red Lion is full on single rooms, at least (I haven't checked larger room availability) but Hilton is still accepting reservations.  Just booked mine today.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2012, 11:36:48 pm »
YUSSSS. Time to book~
I like goats.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:12 pm »
I just booked at the Hilton, though it says that all the double rooms are taken. I'm bringing an air mattress!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2012, 08:24:56 am »
Yup itsalways a good idea to double check. People book rooms for friends who cancel, or book at both and make up three mind later as to which hotel they want to stay at, so if the room you want us full call back check if there us Waiting list ( I feel like some hotels don't do then say, they just say
 Check back)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Davence

• Cabbit
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »
Does anyone know if your credit card get charged immediately upon bookign the room, or is it only when u check in at the actual hotel do u get charged?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 04:14:32 pm »
They don't charge your card until you check in (thankfully, haha).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline mizushimo

• Cabbit
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »

whelp, it's offical! Both hotels are booked up. Why did I wait until the last minute?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2012, 09:31:33 pm »
You can always post an ad to see if anyone has a spare spot in their rooms. Most people usually have squeezing room (lawfully, of course, lol).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline mizushimo

• Cabbit
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2012, 09:42:07 pm »
Good idea.

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2012, 04:38:05 pm »
 ??? Actually my friend booked a room last night at the Hilton with no problems, and it has a view of the park.
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline mizushimo

• Cabbit
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2012, 07:24:02 pm »
*sigh*, I guess I'll try reserving by phone in the morning. The website shows that there are no rooms available.

Offline sporkoon

• Chibi
    • Long neglected deviantart site
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2012, 01:56:15 am »
I waited waaaay too long because I wasn't sure if I could make it this year.. We have to stay at Econo Lodge the 1st night and then we're switching to the Hilton for the last 2 nights -_- There were no rooms available for all 3 nights at either, or the Red Lion. At least we have a place to stay though! It's better than sleeping in the car like my friends were suggesting >_<
()()
(**)
(___)0
If love is blind, then I have 20/20 vision

Offline cosplayer1331

• Oni
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »
Both hotels are full! -officially freaking out- hopefully someone will cancel I need a room for Saterday night

Offline ElectricBlue42

• Oni
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:35 pm »
There are a few hotels that still have rooms available around the area, they're just not the main hotels. I know Comfort Inn, the Red Lion in Portland, and Hometown Suites all have rooms still available. Me and some friends just booked a room in The Portland Red Lion yesterday. It's a bit of a walking distance across the bridge to the convention but not unreasonable. There are also buses that go across the bridge between Portland and Vancouver (The busses are C-Tran). You can look for more hotels around the area by going to Google Maps and typing in the search bar "hotels around Vancouver WA." There's a bunch of little red dots were hotels are. Good luck on your searches guys!

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 08:37:55 pm »
It's funny cause I posted about this topic back in the beginning of the year when I thought it was crazy to be booking up so fast. We booked back in Jan (cause we're nerds), but the websites have been showing full since like Feb.  ???   
Also, love that the hotels are full, but we don't have a tracker on the Kcon website this yr to tell us how many ppl r in attendance. Therefore we can only guess... Show of hands?
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2012, 09:14:53 pm »
We booked with Oxford Suites last year and will probably do the same this year. It's only about a mile commute and usually we eat out on the way to/from the convention.
And so it begins...

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:13 pm »
It's funny cause I posted about this topic back in the beginning of the year when I thought it was crazy to be booking up so fast. We booked back in Jan (cause we're nerds), but the websites have been showing full since like Feb.  ???

The websites would show as full because they were only searching rooms not in the Kumoricon block, which almost all the hotel rooms are. But the Kumoricon rooms only filled up much later, not in February.

Also, love that the hotels are full, but we don't have a tracker on the Kcon website this yr to tell us how many ppl r in attendance. Therefore we can only guess... Show of hands?

The year it started was because we feared that we might reach cap through pre-registrations alone, and it was encourage people to pre-register early. That's unlikely to happen this year and it was extra work to update the counter so we took it down. But we might bring it back sometime.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 11:32:18 pm »
ah, i wasn't complaining if that's how it sounded. i know that you guys work ur... butts off to keep everything up to date and get everything ready (especially since we r down to the wire). <3
i hope we get lotsa ppl coming this yr, kinda sounds like it due to the hotels (and surrounding ones) getting pretty full.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »
Hey, does anyone remember if the red lion has refrigerators in the rooms? I think I remember they did, but it's not listed on Expedia as an amenity...

Offline cosplayer1331

• Oni
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2012, 09:09:52 am »
I finally got my room so excited! I love it when other people have last minute cancellations! ;D