Author Topic: Sailor Moon Panel 2!  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Sailor Moon Panel 2!
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:22:39 am »
Moon Prism Power, Make Up! Is back but it's going to be upgraded!
We know for sure that it's going to be less facts and more fun!
But we need to know what you want!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
Re: Sailor Moon Panel 2!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:40:02 am »
I know that it's going to be less fact (yay X3 lol) but it might be cool to discuss the new translation vs. the old translation, and also discuss more Sailor V now that it's out in America. :3 Maybe also a jeopardy styled quiz show XD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:06:52 pm »
I can bring the sensor boards!  ;D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:56:50 pm »
i love the jepordy idea! it sounds uber fun. let me know if you need any help again this year <3
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:47 pm »
If you guys don't mind an honest critique,  ;)

When I suggested a SM panel for last year, I had something different in mind.
I'd like to suggest adding to this one, or running myself, a type of "Advanced Sailor Moon Panel" (I'd really love to do the later)

I was looking for more in depth discussions that the hard core Sailor Moon fans would be into, as opposed to an introductory type 101 panel where the characters are introduced to the audience, and their basic information is given, like blood type, powers, backstory, etc.

I want to really have hard core fans discuss about thing such as: Really looking at the differences between manga and anime, the mythology behind the stories and characters, the legal rights to Sailor Moon and how that factored into Stars not being released, How Sailor V became Sailor Moon and what changed Naoko's mind, projects unknown to most like Saban Moon or how an American stage production almost came into play (this included choices such as Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff, or Melissa Joann Heart as Usagi), why Naoko chose the names, birthdays, and clothing for specific characters, and discussions like the origins of characters names, etc and whole characters in general like Sailor Cosmos, seen in this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiHGMcFsy0&feature=plcp&context=C3e470eaUDOEgsToPDskI5RTlOgybnyPZdIJ4OCnm9
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:57:00 pm by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:12:30 am »
I want to really have hard core fans discuss about thing such as: Really looking at the differences between manga and anime, the mythology behind the stories and characters, the legal rights to Sailor Moon and how that factored into Stars not being released, How Sailor V became Sailor Moon and what changed Naoko's mind, projects unknown to most like Saban Moon or how an American stage production almost came into play (this included choices such as Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff, or Melissa Joann Heart as Usagi), why Naoko chose the names, birthdays, and clothing for specific characters, and discussions like the origins of characters names, etc and whole characters in general like Sailor Cosmos, seen in this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRiHGMcFsy0&feature=plcp&context=C3e470eaUDOEgsToPDskI5RTlOgybnyPZdIJ4OCnm9

That could be fun, especially the mythology part.  (Seriously, Hillary Duff...?)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 07:08:16 pm »
I would love having a serious talk actually,
Where do you live kimiski?
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »
Salem Oregon.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:28:47 pm »
Hmm...
I should see if I can make a few trips down there, we should talk face to face

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 03:18:32 pm »
I like Kimiski's idea. Even if it's just between the people up at the front of the room, and doesn't include the audience, it'd be interesting to listen to.
I wouldn't mind hearing about the time jumps and gaps that occur, such as in the anime where the girls are sent into the future by Queen Serenity, the gap after defeating Beryl, and still more after chibi Usagi returns to the future... Were the gaps needed, and did they help the plot at all-- so on and so forth. As well as like character growth and development. Rei is one of the characters that comes to mind who's changed a fair amount from episode 1 to the end.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:30 pm »
I'm intrigued by this idea as well, though I'm afraid I'm not quite that hard-core a fan :)  I've only seen the anime (though I'd love to find the time to read the manga).  I obviously know all the characters, but I would love to hear about some of this depth.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 06:08:46 pm »
i love that idea! its kinda what i went to when i went to sakuracon one year, they mainly focused on the "cousins" thing and art books though and leaving so time at the end for discussions from the audience would be great too
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:28 pm »
And maybe the discussions could also lead/start with what names to go with- the english versions from the anime, or the Japanese ones. I know one of my friends thinks I'm taking about 2 different people when I mention Usagi and Serena interchangably. That way people who know only one or the other could still keep up--- maybe have all the names in romanji and english versions (if applicable) on a single image that can be on a projector during the entire time. Maybe with little colored titles and organized like: inner senshi, outer, villians, allies, misunderstood allies. Something? That way people who aren't familiar with ALL the characters could know them.
I personally know only mostly what I saw in the english anime (didn't watch supers though). But I know some extras, like I can recognize Iron Mouse, and Galaxia, and a few others. But most that appear in super and stars I don't know- though I know the outer senshi and stars (and Saturn's plot).

....Almost sounds like a long panel is needed or two different ones one after the other o.o
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:22 am »
I wouldn't be able to contribute too much to the hardcore discussions, but I would still like to listen in.  I could make some contributions, though, depending on what's being discussed.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »
A hardcore fan panel sounds like a really good idea. This series has so much symbolic meaning behind things like names, it'd be fun to discuss that. But I also like the idea of a panel more for fun and games. Maybe we should run two?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 09:25:26 pm »
A hardcore fan panel sounds like a really good idea. This series has so much symbolic meaning behind things like names, it'd be fun to discuss that. But I also like the idea of a panel more for fun and games. Maybe we should run two?

I really believe in having two, and it shouldn't be that huge of an issue. We'd ask for different times (at least) and days so they don't conflict. As long as there's not a bazillion SM panels, I know a few fandoms that get double panels, like Hetalia and FMA.

I'm gonna go ahead and fill out a form. If they don't want to double book SM as a fandom I'll make a note to let this panel happen over mine and try again another year.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:31:15 pm by Kimiski »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 09:46:14 pm »
Okay, that sounds good! I think there's a pretty good chance both panels will be approved, considering how many people came to the panel last year I think it'd be petty easy to sustain two. And if not we could work some of the more hardcore fan/discussion elements into the other panel.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »
That would be great Kimiski. Also if you want to help plan the other one as well that would be cool.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:28 pm »
Good luck, Kimiski!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 11:21:08 pm »
Does anyone know the attendance number for last years SM panel? Or a rough estimate to how many people came?

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:58 am »
I'm sure someone in Programming would... they keep track of suchlike to help plan the next year's events.

(And as Washougal said, good luck. :))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:14:49 am by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:09 pm »
It was pretty packed in there.  I'd say it was about 125-150; it could've been even more.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »
yeah, that's what i would guess. we did lose a fair number of people before the trivia game, but the room was still pretty full.