Author Topic: Wee Organization Of Fandoms (WOOF) - a Party in Remembrance of MEW [01/07/2012]  (Read 2885 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
My sister and I are hosting a party to fill the void left by MEW this year.  Since there are already a few events going on during New Year's on the evening of the 31st, we're going to be having this party on January 7th instead.  The venue's a large, 2-story cafe in downtown Portland.  No Alcohol at the party, but there are plenty of bars nearby for your drinking needs.

Live entertainment will be provided by a popular Kumoricon favourite: Initial P (Diskowarp Records) and maybe a live band or two (TBA).  There will also be gaming and plenty of space to hang out and enjoy good company which we're hoping to fill up as much as possible.  There's no cover charge, though we'll be accepting donations to help soak up the venue fees, and Initial P will likely have CDs for sale.

If you have anything you'd like to contribute, let us know so we can plan on it.  Cosplay is strongly encouraged, and there's space at the venue for changing if needed.  I'm not sure what the owner's policy is on outside food or drink, but if at all possible you should plan on buying such things from the cafe, seeing as they're giving us a really great rate for the space and they're pretty cool people.

facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/185394981557060/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:13:03 pm by DancingTofu »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
What a fantastic idea. I live in Eugene and am not likely to be able to afford to go, but were I local, I would support your efforts.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
I am now closely watching this thread >u>

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Do I need to RSVP?
I planed to stop by for lunch.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Re: Wee Organization Of Fandoms (WOOF)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »
What the devil folks. I was there around 12:30pm Not only there was no party, but the  café was closed. I hope nobody tried to come down in cossplay. There nothing in the threads that the event was canceled.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:04:26 pm by acton »

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
Why were you there so early?  The event on the Facebook page says 8-11pm.  What made you think 12:30?  Unless you were following the college-age people thread talking about going to Koji around noon today...

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Why were you there so early?  The event on the Facebook page says 8-11pm.  What made you think 12:30?  Unless you were following the college-age people thread talking about going to Koji around noon today...

From the top of face book group.
WOOF PartyPublic Event · By Marisa Powell and Charlie Meniscus.
WhenToday.Time12:00pm until 3:00pm..Description Wee Organization Of Fandoms Party
Marisa is making her annual pilgrimage to the Great PNW again this winterbreak, so she and the brodre are throwing a partay.

One has to go down a bit to see in a post that the party starts at 8:00pm, I will try to check in around 9:00pm.
It's not easy to see when the party starts.
Thanks for the correction

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:23:19 pm by acton »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Are you sure you have your time zone set correctly?  It never was set for 12pm-3pm.

Thanks to everyone who came out and partied with us; the turnout was great so we'll likely do this again next year and probably go a little longer.  Unfortunately there was a lapse in communication and Initial P couldn't make it but it was still a good time to be had nonetheless.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>