Author Topic: Happy Hanukkah!  (Read 3276 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Happy Hanukkah!
« on: December 20, 2011, 01:19:11 pm »
and because everyone needs a giant plush dreidl in their life:

But seriously. Happy Hanukkah, guys!  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: Happy Hanukkah!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »
My family is ethnically Jewish but not religious, but this year we're "celebrating" Hanukkah by having a lit menorah in our house. My grandma gave my brother and I chocolate coins and a dreidel each, too!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:11:56 pm »

I WANT ONE!!!

but this year we're "celebrating" Hanukkah by having a lit menorah in our house.

I'm doing just that part, too, as well as a gift a day, with my fiancee, simply because 1) it's my first Hanukkah while not living with my mom (how sad) and 2) my fiancee is unfamiliar with Jewish festivals and holidays, so I'm taking it slow with her.  I'm planning on taking a picture of my hanukiah on the final day and posting it here.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:01:52 pm »
My family is ethnically Jewish but not religious, but this year we're "celebrating" Hanukkah by having a lit menorah in our house. My grandma gave my brother and I chocolate coins and a dreidel each, too!
Dude, that's awesome. :)

You guys can gamble with your chocolate coins!  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 03:47:28 pm »
I have a friend with one of those . her father is jewish and mother is something els so they do xmas- and hanukkah kinda cool seeing the plushie ness on here :p too

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 07:34:54 pm »
Woops, third night in a row we haven't lit the menorah. My family deserves some sort of reward for Most Culturally Jewish While Staunchly Atheist.

I miss back when I used to get chocolate gelt. That was awesome.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 08:16:35 am »
The people who ran preschool head start were jewish and had an open house planned for lighting the candles, they showed a poster of it.  I didn't understand exactly what was going on, only I thought  they were going to be giving us candles and I wanted dibs on a purple candle, my parents said we couldn't go... at the time I didn't know why... prob cuz we not jewish....
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 03:28:36 pm »
Even if you are not Jewish dosent mean you cant get involved and learn about what Hanukkah is. i find when they light the candles very pretty and heart warming I watched my friends little sister get picked up by her dad and he helped her light the candle it was way cute becuse it was no diffrent then a dad helping his little girl put the star ontop of the tree. i find anything that brings family togeather dureing the holidays speshial ^^ so HAPPY hanukkah to you all and i hope that each day is a speshial one and it brings joy and happyness to you all and your families !

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »
Dude, that's awesome. :)

You guys can gamble with your chocolate coins!  :D
Oh I guess we could, except I ate mine already D: oh well, they were delicious.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 11:31:57 am »
Chanukah Blessings to all. My cousins' Moshav is on the actual Maccabee land, according to Israel's Dept of Antiquities.
Special Chanukah Blessings to a pal who only recently found out about Jewish heritage! :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).