Author Topic: Amnesia  (Read 5211 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Amnesia
« on: December 18, 2011, 08:44:32 am »
This thread here is dedicated to those players who have the nerve to play a very terrifying, very Lovecraftian game called Amnesia. As far as I know there's Amnesia: Dark Descent and Amnesia II; Justine. This thread is dedicated to those players who like to play these games and any of the custom maps for it. Oh and also there's a Youtube channel featuring a guy I've seen CinnamonToastKen, I have a Youtube video featuring his "Finest" moments from some of the custom maps he's played. And yes those finest moments include him screaming like a little girl.

Be warned though this isn't for the faint of heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0_kWVfJJeA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:04:12 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Re: Amnesia
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:57:22 pm »
Amnesia is incredible.~ At first I just watched it as a walkthrough since it wasn't compatible with my computer but recently I found someone who owned it and I played it with him. It's soooo much fun! It really is terrifying at times, mostly out of suspense since you never know when something'll happen, but it's just as tricky as it is creepy at times. Great game!
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »
Amnesia is probably one of my favorite games. It's terrifying, with an excellent plot to unravel and the graphics and game play are pretty excellent. Best game ever to play home alone in the middle of the night :D

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:53:38 pm »
I love the game it's amazing and will keep you going even when you no longer wish to do so, I love this game to death and highly reccomend it.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:18 pm »
God I love amnesia! That game always manages to make me jump... All the time.. XD

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »
Ohh, what a coinkydink. I'm just about to get this game. And, Imma install a mod which makes it about internet memes instead.

Offline BlackHat

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »
Anyone excited for Machine of Pigs?

Also, I strongly suggest to check out PewDiePie on YouTube! He does amazing videos playing Amnesia, and showcases a lot of Amnesia mods. Pretty funny too :)

Personally the game is too much for me; I had my boyfriend play a lot of it for me ^_^;;
Currently working on: Rose Lalonde
No set day order yet for Kumoricon, but tentative cosplay is:
fem!Scout, Rose, Quote
Always open for reworking. Only issues I'm concerned about is Quote's gun and fem!Scout's gun; Never worked with props.

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »
I adore Amnesia, even though my computer can't handle its awesomeness I know everything about it. Whenever I'm watching videos for it the lights must be off, sound turned to maximum, no one around and with a bowl of popcorn, then I can scream (and laugh) my head off all I want. Once I can I WILL buy the game.
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 04:19:43 am »
Personally, I though Amnesia was boring and not very scary.  However, PewDiePie is fun to watch, so I don't mind his videos.  That Toast guy is kinda dull compared to PewDie, I think...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:05:36 pm »
Stephanooooo!
Sorry I had to. Pewdiepie is awesome. I love the game itself, even though I'm not much into scary games.
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 07:31:13 pm »
Aaaah I love Amnesia to death >w< I've watched various people play through it at least ten times, and played it another five or so. ^^; The only parts that still freak me out a bit are the second prison part, the sewers, and the choir >.< Ugh. Justine on the other hand...I've watched a couple of people play through it about five times and watched my sister play it once. The only part that really freaks me out is Malo, even though I absolutely adore him, as strange as that may be. *shivers*

In fact, me and my sister are going to cosplay Daniel and Justine this year, so be on the lookout on day one if you want pictures~ :D

On the subject of YouTubers, I really don't have a favorite. In no particular order, I've watched JohnnyKnodoff (the first one I watched play Amnesia, and my first LPer altogether), PewDiePie, CinnamonToastKen, Tobuscus, TheRadBrad, ChaoticMonki, HarshlyCritical, and maybe like one other person play Amnesia? (Full YouTube names in case you guys don't know them =w=;;; )

I seriously can't wait for Machine for Pigs, even though that'll probably scare me really bad, ehehehe. I may or may not watch a playthrough or five of it first, though, so I know what's coming.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 06:50:48 pm »