News > Forum Announcements

Kumoricon SMF (Simple Machines Forum) Feature Request

(1/2) > >>

DarkStar:
Given the popularity of the "off-topic" and "posting games and chat" boards, I wanted to put in a request to see if the SMF Ignore Boards modification could be implemented? (SMF version 2.0 has this feature already built in.)

This would allow forum users to be able to choose different boards that could be ignored when clicking on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of the forum. Thanks in advance!

Washougal_Otaku:
Huh?

DarkStar:
Don't worry, the forum administrators will understand. ;)

JeffT:
Thanks, I will consider installing this.

The reason we haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet is because the upgrade script consistently fails. Possibly due to bugs, possibly due to database corruption (which, as I've noted many times in frustration, is likely the result of SMF not using transactions in its database accesses--ugh). We will be fixing this in order to upgrade to 2.0, but because of the extra work involved it's taken a lower priority. But the 2.0 upgrade will happen. So possibly we will just wait for the upgrade instead of installing the mod. But I might install the mod if it's really easy. :)

In the meantime, the SMF team is supporting the 1.1 branch with maintenance updates for the time being, so we're still running a supported version (last I checked, anyway--their site seems to be down at the immediate moment).

DarkStar:
Excellent, thanks Jeff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version