Author Topic: Which Bach flower remedy do you (or should you) take?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
Which Bach flower remedy do you (or should you) take?
« on: October 17, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »
http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm
Basic symptoms and descriptions for remedies are in the link above.

I thought it would be fun to share what each of us need. Keep in mind that these can change from day to day or week to week. I myself have been having a hard time so my list is quite extensive at the moment, but just to save time I'll list what my body normally needs.

Agrimony
Crab Apple
Elm
Red Chestnut
Scleranthus <--- almost always... one of the primary Libra traits (though I don't believe in astrology, I am somewhat a typical Libra)
Water Violet <--- Almost always...
Wild Rose

If you're curious or confused on what this is, a good description can be found here: http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/firstpag.htm
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Which Bach flower remedy do you (or should you) take?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »
Interesting that I would look at crab apple; I grew up loving the crab apple tree on my front lawn, and being the only one to eat its apples.

Also Gentian.
Hornbeam.
Oak & Olive during con prep and at con!
Wild Oat

I have no idea how these attributes became ascribed to these flowers, nor how they work. I do know some use the Bach emergency product at, for example, med booths at hippie or rave events.
I've heard rumors of some using it with pets (this is NOT a recommendation, please do NOT try anything with a pet without veterinary prescription!).

http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm
Basic symptoms and descriptions for remedies are in the link above.

I thought it would be fun to share what each of us need. Keep in mind that these can change from day to day or week to week. I myself have been having a hard time so my list is quite extensive at the moment, but just to save time I'll list what my body normally needs.

Agrimony
Crab Apple
Elm
Red Chestnut
Scleranthus <--- almost always... one of the primary Libra traits (though I don't believe in astrology, I am somewhat a typical Libra)
Water Violet <--- Almost always...
Wild Rose

If you're curious or confused on what this is, a good description can be found here: http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/firstpag.htm
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »
They used to help my ex with her symptoms as soon as the drop (it is in liquid form) hit her tongue. Rescue Remedy is a popular product and is somewhat of an emergency use kind of thing, especially if you're in a panic attack mode and it has many of those "essences" in a combo. This site has the entire list, though some sites provide more or less information on the symptoms they relieve. Yes, they do work on pets and no there aren't any side effects (though yes, if you are worried then see a vet but be prepared to get confused looks). It is basically just like taking a vitamin your body is deficient in. The only negative I have noticed is that sometimes people can get addicted similar to how people get addicted to chap stick. If you're curious or worried, by all means do more research.

If I remember right, basically these "essences" are basically these flowers boiled into a tea, so instead of paying obscene amounts for a little dropper bottle it might be possible to buy the plant itself and make your own tea. I could be remembering wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to be surrounded by these plants I don't think (unless you're allergic). I personally have never been able to afford the bottles myself but I have tried them when I visited my ex. Basically tastes like water if you're worried about taste.

If you ever go to Whole Foods Market they have a display usually that has a chart with more info too.

Interesting that I would look at crab apple; I grew up loving the crab apple tree on my front lawn, and being the only one to eat its apples.
We have 3 crab apple trees in our front lawn. we usually turn the apples into jam.  ;D
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:50:09 pm »
It's gonna be a long list. I'm slightly messed up.

Agrimony
Cerato
Cherry Plum
Clematis
Crab Apple
Gentian
Gorse
Holly
Honeysuckle
Impatiens
Larch
Mustard
Olive
Pine
Red Chestnut
Rock Water
Sweet Chestnut
Vervain
Water Violet
White Chestnut
Wild Rose
Willow

YEP.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:17:04 pm »
um... high score? 22/38

rescue remedy... to the rescue?
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done