Author Topic: I know people complain about unwanted glompers. I might have found a solution...  (Read 24148 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Actually, can we make an add-in to the rules vid and stuff about "May I touch you?" I had a girl ask me before she posed for a photo with me and it struck me as a surprisingly common sense question of permissions I had not thought of until this point.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Just throwing in my two cents, from what I saw at con this year, glompers will most definitely not stop mid glomp to check a badge. The glomp circle was sicking glompers on people from 30 yards away, lol. I don't think a sticker or any sort of badge-tethered indicator will hinder a wild glomper's approach, unfortunately.

I wore a sticker and, yup, didn't help.  Lol.  (I didn't mind glomps though)
Did the con actually have stickers?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
I agree with the folks saying that an enthusiastic glomper isn't going to be stopped by a badge sticker.  If people don't bother pausing to ask another human being's permission before grabbing them, why would they stop to look at their badge?  It takes the same amount of time.  Creating a whole new system with touchability tiers and color-coded stickers seems unnecessarily complicated, and very inflexible for people who wouldn't want to be on one catch-all "setting"...especially when all it really takes to make sure somebody is okay with glomping is a polite "Can I hug you, please?"

That said, I haven't had any trouble with unwanted glomps at Kumoricon lately.   :)  (It might have helped that I stayed far away from the vicinity of the glomp circle, but...)  Although several people approached me for hugs (especially as Mom Lalonde), every one of them stopped at a friendly distance and asked if I was okay with it.  I was actually really proud of the younger attendees who did this!

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
Just throwing in my two cents, from what I saw at con this year, glompers will most definitely not stop mid glomp to check a badge. The glomp circle was sicking glompers on people from 30 yards away, lol. I don't think a sticker or any sort of badge-tethered indicator will hinder a wild glomper's approach, unfortunately.

I wore a sticker and, yup, didn't help.  Lol.  (I didn't mind glomps though)
Did the con actually have stickers?

Nah.  I provided my own and brought extras.