Author Topic: A small suggestion...  (Read 7203 times)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
A small suggestion...
« on: June 15, 2005, 07:27:53 pm »
Please be judicious with your use of the quote button. Feel free to edit the quote to highlight just the selection, ask yourself if it's necessary to quote the guy who posted just before you did, and instead of quoting a whole screen worth of text, just precede your post with "@Other person". Some people can find it annoying to scroll through whole huge blocks of quoted text that aren't necessary to clarify to what you are referring.

I'll demonstrate the "@" thing if you don't know it.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
A small suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 07:29:37 pm »
@ Guspasho

Hey Gus, how's it going. You're totally right on when you suggest quoting only the parts of posts you want to reference and not the whole thing. And that other stuff too. Go you. You rule.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
A small suggestion...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 09:04:33 pm »
@ Guspasho

Thx for being a great Moderator! we do need to cut down on the random quotes.

Keep up the good work! :P

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
A small suggestion...
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 06:23:51 pm »
Another small request. Try to encapsulate long URLs that would break the tables. That way you don't get the horizontal scroll bar and have to scroll right and left to read what everyone else wrote on that page.

This isn't a knock on anybody or anything, or a requirement, just a helpful recommendation to smooth over forum browsing for everyone.

You can use the buttons in the Post A Reply screen. Or type the tags out yourself. For example, I can make this:

http://www.kumoricon.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&t=1202

look like this:

Reply Page

by placing the link in a URL tag and the URL tags around the text you want to replace it with. Quote and you can see just how I typed it.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline xAlphonseElricx

• Cabbit
A small suggestion...
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 10:39:15 am »
Um...Guspasho? Im kinda new in the forum and I don't know where to ask this...But do you think I can have a avatar picture? ^^;; If I should be PMing you instead im uber sorry for the mistake!*rolls around frantically*
兄ーーさん! あいしてる!<3

Offline zenix

• Chibi
A small suggestion...
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 11:27:19 am »
resonable sized avatars are nice to one of the things that really bug me on forums is when people have huge avatars that bumb the page over so far i have to scroll to read

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
A small suggestion...
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 03:54:11 pm »
Quote from: "xAlphonseElricx"
Um...Guspasho? Im kinda new in the forum and I don't know where to ask this...But do you think I can have a avatar picture? ^^;; If I should be PMing you instead im uber sorry for the mistake!*rolls around frantically*

Avatars can be added in your profile. There's a link in the bar on the top of every page to your profile whenever you're logged in. Then the "avatar control panel" is on the bottom of that page. You can select your own picture by storing it online somewhere and then linking to it. Is that what you meant?
2008 Facilities Liaison