Author Topic: corvallis area?  (Read 3946 times)

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
corvallis area?
« on: October 01, 2011, 07:48:40 pm »
wow, its been years since i posted here.
i just barely moved to corvallis, and i was wondering, whats fun to do around here? someone to talk to would also be amazing, since i need some friends :)
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
Re: corvallis area?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »
Fun to do in Corvallis? Pretty much nothing >.> I grew up in Philomath and most of my fun times were spent with friends. There's Yogurt Extreme, which is fun with friends, Carmike is a really sweet theater, cosmic bowling... other than that, find some friends and I wish you the best :)
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:51:15 am »
Are you attending OSU? There are many clubs to join there and many activities throughout the term! There are many hiking trails if you're outdoorsie, well, since the weather isn't hiking friendly, nevermind. There is not very much to do in Corvallis that I can think of at the moment...

And so it begins...

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:39:41 pm »
well i just moved from redmond, theres gotta be more to do, for sure :) i'll be finding a part time job, so im super hoping to make at least one friend! :)

izamor

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:47:25 pm »
well i just moved from redmond, theres gotta be more to do, for sure :) i'll be finding a part time job, so im super hoping to make at least one friend! :)

Wait, I wouldn't happen to know you, would I? :O
Ben W., class of '11 at RHS.

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »

not sure, i was class of '10, and even though i wasnt there for the last two years, i didnt talk to anyone :)

izamor

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 06:07:57 pm »

not sure, i was class of '10, and even though i wasnt there for the last two years, i didnt talk to anyone :)

*Busts out yearbook* Now I'm curious, but everyone I knew from '10 were from track. D:

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 10:22:33 am »

*Busts out yearbook* Now I'm curious, but everyone I knew from '10 were from track. D:

yea, only thing i actually did in highschool was join the anime club, i was possibly one of the most active members :)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:36:06 pm »
I work in Corvallis and am currently seeking housing. Maybe we can hang out sometime! Although I am much older than you... :3
And so it begins...

Offline Ac-town

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 03:49:11 pm »
I'm in Corvallis for OSU, and the only things I really do are: OSU Gaming Club's LAN parties, hanging out with friends, and studying. Not much else to do here :(

Offline HalcyonFour

• Cabbit
    • Ulquihime Fanfic!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 04:40:00 pm »
Anybody here know about the OSU Anime Club? I e-mailed them right before Kumoricon, but they never responded.

Maybe they disbanded?
"You may live bowing on your knees, but die standing on your feet."

-Tite Kubo

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »
Anybody here know about the OSU Anime Club? I e-mailed them right before Kumoricon, but they never responded.

Maybe they disbanded?

They are currently active. One of my friends attended their meeting and they usually meet Thursdays, 6:30, somewhere at the MU...I would need to ask my friend specifically where, but I think if you shoot them another email, they could tell ya :)
And so it begins...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:24 pm »
Here is the most recent email they sent:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Welcome, or welcome back!

You are receiving this message because you have either shown interest in the past in Anime Club or you saw us at the Picnic or Beaver Community Fair.

4th meeting!!

Day: THIS Thursday, October 20, 2011

Time: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM

Where: MU 211: American Indian. A different room from last week.

What: Anime! Here’s a sneakpeak: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon ep 2, Hayate no Gotoku! Ep 2, and Ao no Exorcist ep4. The rest? You’ll have to come and see ^.^

Walking in during the club is just fine-- almost expected considering busy schedules-- but please don’t be disruptive when you come in.

Hope to see you there! =D
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And so it begins...

Offline HalcyonFour

• Cabbit
    • Ulquihime Fanfic!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 09:09:55 pm »
Here is the most recent email they sent:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Welcome, or welcome back!

You are receiving this message because you have either shown interest in the past in Anime Club or you saw us at the Picnic or Beaver Community Fair.

4th meeting!!

Day: THIS Thursday, October 20, 2011

Time: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM

Where: MU 211: American Indian. A different room from last week.

What: Anime! Here’s a sneakpeak: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon ep 2, Hayate no Gotoku! Ep 2, and Ao no Exorcist ep4. The rest? You’ll have to come and see ^.^

Walking in during the club is just fine-- almost expected considering busy schedules-- but please don’t be disruptive when you come in.

Hope to see you there! =D
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks! I will probably check it out next week!
"You may live bowing on your knees, but die standing on your feet."

-Tite Kubo