Author Topic: Vocaloid as anime series?  (Read 5519 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Vocaloid as anime series?
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:51:12 pm »
So my friend and i were talking about vocaloid, and to her surprise, i had no idea what we were talking about lol My knowledge of vocaloid can be summed up in four words. "Miku has blue hair." so then i said that i needed to watch it. She then told me its not an anime, its like a voice over singing music thing. So i said it needed to be an anime. And so, thus this thread was born!  What do you think about a vocaloid anime series? Or a manga series? How would the story line go? What would you do if you could make it an anime?   

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
Re: Vocaloid as anime series?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:08:07 am »
While the characters do seem to have a fan-designed set of personality traits, the songs and music videos made with or based on the programs usually have unrelated story lines. Personally, I kind of like it that way. You never really know what you'll find when you go looking for new Vocaloid songs.

The closet thing to an "anime" I've seen is Black Rock Shooter, but that's not even Vocaloid. There was just a Miku song dedicated to it, and the main character vaguely looks like Miku. The similarities end there.

There is, however, already a short Vocaloid manga. ("Hatsune Mix") Its chapters are are series of disjointed oneshots, too. It's kind of cute. I liked it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:08:39 am by Psych »
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 01:23:21 am »
Oh! Ill have to look for it and see if my friends read it. Thank you!

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:08 am »
There's a few different Manga versions of the VOCALOID series of Characters, but there is nothing incredibly official.

As for VOCALOID being an Anime, I don't see the point.
There is enough to make a full cast, but giving them official personalities takes the fun out of it at least to me, but that's my personal opinion.
All in all, I am against there being thought of something animated or an official manga..
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:26 am »
I wouldn't mind if it became an anime, but I don't think it's neccessary. They're fine just the way they are making awesome music~ But if it become an anime/manga, I would still watch it/read it for fun. I'm sure it wouldn't be horrible.

Random: I do love though, when I tell other people about Vocaloid who don't know what it is. Their first responce is always "is it a good anime?" Then I tell them it's not an anime and they look at me like "whuu ???"
Beep bep

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:12 am »
Lol that was my response!

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 11:38:36 am »
I personally think Vocaloid would make a cute short anime with the episodes being under 5 minutes long (sort of like Hetalia, Nyanpire, Chi's sweet home, and so on..). Maybe it wouldn't have a single set storyline, but different storys for each episode such as: One epidsode could be about the Vocaloids trying to share a house together and try to get along, then insanity ensues.
While another episode could be about the Vocaloids going out an buying pets. Then another one could be about them going to the beach.
Bad examples, i know, but i think you get my point ^^;

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 11:48:12 am »
Omg saki! I think thats an amazing idea! Oh now i wish theyd do that. Id totally watch that

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:43 pm »
I agree, Saki. That would just be adorable and fun~! And I liked those examples, they sound like fun :D
Beep bep

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 09:45:41 pm »

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »
Miku has teal hair. Not Green, or blue. XD But its okay, thats what every one says. XD

It if was fan made.... may be. But I think it would be silly. XD But I would watch it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:01:17 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:55:21 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 12:52:58 am »
Gah! I wish i had internet lol ima watch those first thing tomorrow when i get to the library

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 01:05:56 am »