Author Topic: Anime/Video Game inspired Tattoos  (Read 48752 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Anime/Video Game inspired Tattoos
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:32:50 pm »
Or any other tattoos in general. So, Im getting ready for my first kingdom hearts tattoo, and was thinking to myself; Who else has an anime or video game inspired tattoo? Or an awesome tattoo story that they want to share with the kumoricon forum family?

Post pictures, tell us stories, give us advice and ideas, just have fun!

Also, I do realize there are a couple tattoo topics, but none of them seem to be updated, so Im starting this one.

So, heres my tattoo : 

The top kanji means Eternal, forever, or endless. The flower in the middle is my boyfriends favorite flower; a chrysanthemum. And of course, everyone knows the last one is love lol
And before you say anything, yes it is a picture taken off the internet. My facebook wouldnt let me save the picture so I took it with my phone. But just so no one thinks Im lying, heres the album.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1307525292405.2041815.1358753041&type=1

And so let the stories begin!

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Anime/Video Game inspired Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:51:21 pm »
Well sense i'm only 15, i don't have any tattoos yet. But once i'm old enough, i'm hoping to get a tattoo of the Cooper gang logo from the Sly Cooper series.

I've been with this game from the start (really, i played it as a demo in a disk that came in the Playstation magazine and i bought it the day it came out in stores. I was about 7 at the time). It really started my nerdism and my videogame addiction. I played that game all the time, and i even made a crappy "cosplay" of Sly out of clothes that i had around the house and a stick for his cane. It also unknowingly triggered my love for anthropomorphic animals, and why shouldn't It?? Sly's one badass theif. I think anyone would fall in love with him and the other characters after playing that game.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:11:15 pm by Saki-the-cat »

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:06:08 pm »
I'm also underage, but I have been thinking about one kind of Nerdy tattoo,
"11121" "carved" on my feet like Walter from SH4. I've done it with hena which was fun (you can see the outcome here: http://irexosaur.deviantart.com/art/I-think-I-may-have-a-problem-253945756) The idea of getting the Halo of the Sun tattooed somewhere on my body would be neat too

But then I think about how it will be with me for the rest of my life and what if I don't like Silent Hill when I get older?
I do know I want to get wings tattooed on my ankles like the god Mercury though
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »

Yeah this is gonna be my first one. Gonna get it on the inside of my right forearm.

China bound!!!

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:34:12 pm »
That would be cool
But why the forearm?

I would want to be able to hide my Tattoo easily since I've heard places won't hire you unless you can hide your tattoo.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 10:15:09 pm »
I got mine on my forearm cuz when i was in a bad place, i cut myself horribly after my cousin passed away and my boyfriend was there for me. He kissed my cuts and helped me bandage my arm. So i got it there.

Offline JRock

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:21:21 pm »
@Griff_the_dragoon

Awesome! I was also thinking about getting a FFXIII/-2 theme tattoo once I'm 18. But probably not a l'Cie brand. I was going to design my own and maybe get a few quotes in Pulse writing. Also I was also going to get a tattoo of either Black*Star's clan symbol on my right shoulder or a black star haha geddit? oTL;;; on my right shoulder blade :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:03:35 pm by JRock »
KUMORICON 2k14
Thu - not going
Fri - Bro (Homestuck) if im not working
Sat - Asahi (Haikyuu!!)
Sun - GT!Karkat (Homestuck)
Mon - Eren (SNK)
Dances - Rin (Free!)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »
Thatll look awesome. Yea, im kinda over it. I got the tattoo on my right arm so that i wouldnt do it there, but i orginally cut on my left arm. I only started on my right cuz i ran out of room. But now im slowly getting over it. Im planning a custom keyblade to go on my left once im fully sure i wont cut anymore.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »
That would be cool
But why the forearm?

I would want to be able to hide my Tattoo easily since I've heard places won't hire you unless you can hide your tattoo.
I work in a wood mill so i dont have to put up with people at all. hell i could dye my hair to any color i want

@Griff_the_dragoon

Awesome! not the cutting, but it's cool you put a tattoo there as a way remind yourself you're over it (I'm assuming) I was also thinking about getting a FFXIII/-2 theme tattoo once I'm 18. But probably not a l'Cie brand. I was going to design my own and maybe get a few quotes in Pulse writing. Also I was also going to get a tattoo of either Black*Star's clan symbol on my right shoulder or a black star haha geddit? oTL;;; on my right shoulder blade :D

Uhhh...I dont cut and i never have. just because i want to put it on my forearm doesnt mean im a cutter.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:05:57 pm by Griff_the_dragoon »

China bound!!!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:16 pm »
Shes talking to me lol

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »
I want to get a Chibi Charizard on the top of my wrist with his tail spelling out "Rick James" and the flame coming off the 's'.
My father is a cancer victum, who loved Charizard and name is Richard James Wilson.
I love my dad♥

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 09:10:18 pm »
Thats a beautiful idea.  my whole family is getting a memorial tattoo for my step dad who died about 7 years ago. He had a marvin the martian tattoo on his upper arm, and a grim reaper on some otheq part that i dun remember lo but we are all getting him tattooed eventually.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:05 pm »
I hated my step dad xD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:16 pm »
Lessee...

I've got the Human Transmutation symbol from Fullmetal Alchemist on both my forearms.

You can also see the Life Shroom from Paper Mario there, which I and my wife both have.

Halloween Town Keyblade (and my wife has the Kingdom Hearts lock logo over her heart...lock & key...get it?)

Then I've also got Barret Wallace's tattoo from Final Fantasy VII, but I haven't taken a picture of that specific tattoo yet (though it can be seen in any of my cosplay pictures from Kumoricon this year).

This is just my video game/anime tattoos...I have plenty more that just don't apply here, heh. I loooooove tattoos and have plenty more still to get.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 04:38:53 pm »
That would be cool
But why the forearm?

Tattoos on the forearm are fairly easy to cover, and besides, if you're at a job interview you're most likely wearing a shirt/jacket that covers your forearms. Also, it depends on where you're interviewing at- If you're interviewing at Goldman Sachs, yeah, you probably won't get hired if you're showing off your tattoos, but if you're interviewing at Hot Topic, it might increase your chances.

I hated my step dad xD
Uh, no offense, but that probably wasn't the best thing to say, considering she misses and loved her stepdad enough that she's getting a tattoo in his honour. It's a bit insensitive.

Also, not animu or game related, but I do want a tattoo of the Slytherin coat-of-arms on my forearm. Not because it's the "edgy" house, but because it's what I was sorted into on Pottermore and because I absolutely love Harry Potter.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »
Oh my! You stole my idea lol Im getting a custom keyblade made for me. My friend jonny is designing it for me ^-^ And hes making me a keyhole to go over my heart. Buuut my boyfriend wont get anymore tattoos, so theyre both going on me lol
My keyblade is going over my right forearm, when Im finally over my cutting thing.

Id love to see your wifes tattoo ^-^ Im overly obsessed with tattoos lol

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 04:42:26 pm »
That would be cool
But why the forearm?

Tattoos on the forearm are fairly easy to cover, and besides, if you're at a job interview you're most likely wearing a shirt/jacket that covers your forearms. Also, it depends on where you're interviewing at- If you're interviewing at Goldman Sachs, yeah, you probably won't get hired if you're showing off your tattoos, but if you're interviewing at Hot Topic, it might increase your chances.

I hated my step dad xD
Uh, no offense, but that probably wasn't the best thing to say, considering she misses and loved her stepdad enough that she's getting a tattoo in his honour. It's a bit insensitive.

Also, not animu or game related, but I do want a tattoo of the Slytherin coat-of-arms on my forearm. Not because it's the "edgy" house, but because it's what I was sorted into on Pottermore and because I absolutely love Harry Potter.

Thats a great idea! Im waiting to get into pottermore lol And Im a slytherin too! I really hope that I get into my house

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 12:18:50 am »
Oh my! You stole my idea lol Im getting a custom keyblade made for me. My friend jonny is designing it for me ^-^ And hes making me a keyhole to go over my heart. Buuut my boyfriend wont get anymore tattoos, so theyre both going on me lol
My keyblade is going over my right forearm, when Im finally over my cutting thing.

Id love to see your wifes tattoo ^-^ Im overly obsessed with tattoos lol

Yeah, my wife has even more than me, heh. She has a massive Final Fantasy sleeve, it's amaaaaaaazing!

I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 08:08:26 am »
Ooooh i cant wait to see! I really want to get an entire japanese inspired sleeve, and a kingdom hearts leg, but my boyfriend says i cant get a lot of tattoos

Offline JRock

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »
@Griff_the_dragoon

Awesome! not the cutting, but it's cool you put a tattoo there as a way remind yourself you're over it (I'm assuming) I was also thinking about getting a FFXIII/-2 theme tattoo once I'm 18. But probably not a l'Cie brand. I was going to design my own and maybe get a few quotes in Pulse writing. Also I was also going to get a tattoo of either Black*Star's clan symbol on my right shoulder or a black star haha geddit? oTL;;; on my right shoulder blade :D

Uhhh...I dont cut and i never have. just because i want to put it on my forearm doesnt mean im a cutter.
[/quote]

I have no idea where I got that; I'm sorry |D;;;;;; I'm just going to hide over here in my awkward corner of shame.
KUMORICON 2k14
Thu - not going
Fri - Bro (Homestuck) if im not working
Sat - Asahi (Haikyuu!!)
Sun - GT!Karkat (Homestuck)
Mon - Eren (SNK)
Dances - Rin (Free!)

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 08:05:31 pm »
I wouldn't say it's a nerdy tattoo... Or maybe it is, but I have one on my upper back of the Oregon state motto: Alis Volat Propriis. For those of you who don't know, it means 'she flies with her own wings' and has persisted even though they've tried to change the state motto back to 'The Union' more than once. Also, I have the silhouette of a Western Meadowlark flying over it... Western Meadowlarks are the state bird.

...Okay, the more I talk about it, the more I think it is a nerd tattoo! Haha!

I also want to get a treble clef made out of individual music notes eventually on my ribs right below my chest on my right side. <3
And my god daughter's name 'Kairi' on my neck. The kanji are going to mean 'little bell of the sea'
Oh! And Kairi's charm from Kingdom Hearts on my hip with 'I want to line the pieces up, yours and mine' surrounding it. But that one is the maybe one. XD
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 08:14:05 pm »
I think thats awesome. Im actually finally getting my marvin the martian tattoo for my step dad on december 19th. I cant wait. And! We found an artist willing to tattoo my 14yr old brother. And then im getting my heartless tattoo on my chest sometime in january..

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 11:25:36 am »
the idea of getting a star seed from sailor moon tattooed over my heart seems really nice as well

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 06:00:40 am »
Planning to get an Assassin's Creed tattoo, of the Assassin symbol, but I can't decide where, either on my forearm (where it is on the gauntlet) or on my hands. The problem is, I looked up AC tattoos and was just flooded with images of other people's tattoos, and now all desire to get it has been washed away. It seems overdone now...sad day.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 09:17:42 am »
It shouldnt matter if other people have one or not. Thousands of people have japanese kanji for tattoos, but mine is mine. It has meaning for me, no matter who else has a similar one. I actually know for a fact that the man who plays the doctor in tell me lies has almost the exact same tattoo. But whether or not its the same tattoo, or 50 people have it, i know my meaning behind it, and my meaning isnt anyone elses, making it unquie. I think you should still get yours.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 09:07:54 am »
@Griff_the_dragoon

I have no idea where I got that; I'm sorry |D;;;;;; I'm just going to hide over here in my awkward corner of shame.
[/quote]

I think it was just the way you quoted on here. No worries you can come out of your corner

China bound!!!

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »
I'm bringing this back!
I found a cute picture of a squirtle blowing bubbles from a plasic wand!
I'm going to get it on my shoulder blade with bubbles going around my shoulder~
I'm going to see if my roommate with draw it out first.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 01:46:13 pm »
I told my dad about my tattoo plans
And he said "So you're being like everyone else and getting a tattoo based of a fandom that you probably won't even like next year."
Yes yes I am

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 01:49:37 pm »
:D
pokemon brings back dem memories.
gotta lovem all.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 02:21:10 pm »
Lol your dad makes me laugh. My mom said the same thing to me about my harry potter tattoo. I will always love Harry Potter, even when I get old.

http://quotesfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/funny-Alan-Rickman-Snape-quote-320x240.jpg

This is me lol when I'm old and in my rocking chair, my husband will look at me with my deathly hallows necklace and my snape tattoo, and say, "After all this time?" And ima show him my wrist that says always.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:54 pm »
I thought about getting a word tattoo on my wrist too.
but I don't know what;

"I need pants" - Slowking, The Power of One (Just 'Pants' on my wrist)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »
Lol that would be funny.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 08:44:03 pm »
Lol your dad makes me laugh. My mom said the same thing to me about my harry potter tattoo. I will always love Harry Potter, even when I get old.

http://quotesfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/funny-Alan-Rickman-Snape-quote-320x240.jpg

This is me lol when I'm old and in my rocking chair, my husband will look at me with my deathly hallows necklace and my snape tattoo, and say, "After all this time?" And ima show him my wrist that says always.
Ee-yup

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 06:12:44 pm »
That Alan Rickman quote is fantastic. True dat.

And to stay on topic, I would just invite everyone to look at my avatar. That tattoo on my arm...it's real. It's the characters, and now it's mine too. So...tattoo for cosplay. Too far? lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 10:01:46 am »
Never! I want to get a dark mark tattoo on my left forearm cuz Snape has one. But it would have to be small cuz I got my first HP tattoo yesterday. The DH symbol on my wrist with green stars around it for each of the characters that died.

I love your tattoo btw lol

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 10:04:43 am »
Tala! Pictures now! :D

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:14 am »

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2012, 08:27:28 pm »
I haven't told anyone (for good reasons) but I really want a tattoo (even though I'm only 13) of a heart made of treble clef and bass clef under my wrist or a heart on my palm. I haven't really thought about getting an anime tattoo though because I'm not sure what I want.
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 05:14:49 am »
On the topic of Harry Potter tattoos, my wife and I just researched the series, and she just finished the books, and we've both decided Severus is amazing and his love for Lily must be honored in tattoo. So I'm going to be getting two blue-white doe-patronuses with the word 'always'. Don't know where, but I have to do this tattoo, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:36 pm »
@Ryuk : That's great! No reason to feel like you can't talk about it here. Tattoos are glorious artwork for the body that you can keep with you forever. I think your tattoo idea is adorable and I can't wait for you to be old enough to get it!

@EveofAbyss : Oh lerdy, I am so proud of your wife! You should read the series as well if you haven't already. Its an amazing read. Snape is my favorite character, and his love for Lily is something that I relate with. I'm getting the next part of my tattoo soon, which will start the construction of my Harry Potter sleeve, but its going to be the word "always" just above the largest star on my wrist, which is the star for Snape.
I have seven stars around my DH symbol, one for each book, one for each person who gave their life in the war (Snape, Lily, James, Albus, Sirius, Tonks, Remus) and one for each of the Golden Trio (Harry, Ron, Hermione) and the Silver trio (Luna, Neville, Ginny), plus Draco cuz he's awesome lol

Eventually, my whole sleeve will be done and ill show it all off for ya ^-^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »
I love everything about what you just wrote, Tala, lol. Your tattoo plans sound really cool, and I will be waiting with baited breath to see it when it's all done. ^_^

And I am sure I will be reading the HP books eventually. Just gotta get through this seemingly infinite stack first, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2012, 07:18:18 pm »
@Ryuk : That's great! No reason to feel like you can't talk about it here. Tattoos are glorious artwork for the body that you can keep with you forever. I think your tattoo idea is adorable and I can't wait for you to be old enough to get it!

I can't wait, 5 years is too long. The whole reason I haven't told anyone is my parents think tattoos are dumb, sleazy, and whatnot (I disagree). I think their a great way to show people who you are.
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »
Tattoos aren't bad, it's just going to be there for the rest of your life. My grandpa still has his from Years ago (It's just his name "Shel" nothing to fancy) So you really have to think them through

I came up with a dorky one, "Density=Mass/Volume," On my wrist
I'm a Chemistry lover. Somehow this has always been my favorite equation

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »
I'd totally love to get one of these, but just haven't been able to get past the saying "If you wouldn't paint this on your wall in your home, don't get it tattooed"

So yeah, too much second guessing and am bare.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:47 pm »
A wall can be repainted though dear lol

If its a part of who you are, and you want to show that part through tattoos, I say go for it.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 09:56:53 am »
next month for my birthday i will be getting my Alice in wonderland kingdom hearts tattoo
this is were alice is meeting a heartlessits cute and weird but still

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2012, 11:39:44 am »
I'm glad someone dug this up again. In a month I am getting a tattoo as well. I'm getting the tattoo he has on his arm http://download.minitokyo.net/Arc.the.Lad.129313.jpg

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »
That's awesome! I know someone with that tattoo but god I can't remember his name lol

That's cool Titus! I can't wait to get my kingdom hearts tattoo. But I wanna finish my harry potter sleeve first.

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 11:54:12 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out what 'nerdly' tattoo I want. It's either going to be Kingdom Hearts related (where it'd be Kairi's charm with "I want to line the pieces up, yours and mine" circling it) or from a book series I read called the Sword of Truth saga. >_< So many tattoos, so little acceptable body space.
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 12:47:57 am »
SWORD OF TRUTH!!!  :o

You just flipped the switch, K-Rock. That is my and my wife's favorite book series, andwe both have tattoos in tribute to it. I've got the grace tattooed on my right shoulder. It's actually implemented into a bigger general fantasy tribute piece (with elements from Lord of the Rings and Sabriel as well). It's one of my favorite pieces. Oh, and I have a picture... http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227855_607904931901_42003558_33236245_5185985_n.jpg

Yay, SoT!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!