Author Topic: 2011 October 8 - Annual Membership Meeting and 2012 Elections  (Read 34953 times)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
2011 October 8 - Annual Membership Meeting and 2012 Elections
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:44:48 pm »
The Annual Meeting of the Altonimbus Entertainment Membership has been scheduled for Saturday, October 8, 2011, at 1:00 PM at the Phoenix Inn Suites in Tigard, OR.

Phoenix Inn Suites
9575 SW Locust St
Tigard, OR 97223

[nearest TriMet | Google Maps]
Near the Washington Square Transit Center.

Elections will be held for the following positions:

• Chair/President
  • Director of Operations
  • Director of Programming
  • Director of Publicity
  • Director of Relations

If you cannot make it to the meeting, you may designate someone as your proxy by using this form. Your proxy may use your vote however they wish, so choose with care. Also, a person can hold proxy for only two other people.

This meeting is open to the public. Voting is open to Altonimbus Entertainment Members (staff).

You can discuss this meeting in this thread. However, for questions specifically to candidates, or for nominations, please use the designated threads in the Elections forum area.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2011 October 8 - Annual Membership Meeting and 2012 Elections
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 08:38:48 pm »
Is food allowed at this location? The Elections meeting is usually the longest meeting of the year so wanna be prepared :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:26 pm »
Is food allowed at this location? The Elections meeting is usually the longest meeting of the year so wanna be prepared :)

Yes, it is allowed. Some extra info about this was emailed to the staff mailing list.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:32:59 pm »
Wow I shoulda known.  I was tellin Chris that I should put the k-con meeting date in the baby pool, thats one of the 'official' due dates.

So I'll make it if I am not in labor....

I should look at those forms...just in case.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:17 pm »
I might be looking for a voting proxy (randompvg maybe?).
(1) It's Yom Kippur.
(2) It's the same day and overlapping in time with the OryCon meeting at the Doubletree Lloyd Center.
(3) My best friend from childhood will be in from Chicago.

If I do make it I'll be splitting the day between the 2 con meetings & likely having my non-congoing pal with me....

Best wishes to all candidates!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RoscoeTEHclam

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:44:04 pm »
This meeting is also the weekend of Akicon, at which I know a number of the voting membership will be attending. What should those of us who will be up in bellevue do about voting?

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 10:47:56 pm »
Ppffttt, there is no way I can't be at this meeting. Cause like, ummm I live in Tigard? Literally right down the road from this. XD No seriously, I live on 88th off of Hall! XD
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 02:39:51 am »
This meeting is also the weekend of Akicon, at which I know a number of the voting membership will be attending. What should those of us who will be up in bellevue do about voting?

http://www.kumoricon.org/files/docs/altonimbus_entertainment-proxy_form-20110823.pdf (It's in the staff login area, if you have trouble accessing it.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »
I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to attend, unless I can miraculously find the bus fare money for this trip.  I'll talk to the other members of CMAC who are on staff to see if any of them would like to join me, so we can bring more proxy votes.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:17 am »
If I do make it, I will be splitting my time between this meeting and the, unfortunately coinciding, OryCon ConCom meeting.

Would it be possible to swing by at the start of the meeting, collect a ballot for each race, vote directly in the ones I have time for, and then, when I have to leave for the other meeting, turn the rest of them in all at once, either directly to the Secretary or to someone I select (probably randompvg)?

If I return after the OryCon meeting, for the dinner portion, it happens that my best friend from childhood is visiting from Chicago. I don't have anywhere to bring her (as I live in Eugene), so she would be with me. Now it's entirely likely she will be fasting, as it is Yom Kippur.

(And honestly, it never would happen where we grew up, that the holiest day in the Jewish calendar would be a day two conventions would schedule their meetings. GRRRR. ARRRRGH.)

Anyway. If I come back for staff dinner and happen to have to have my best friend also with me (who most likely will be fasting) can I like pay or something to be able to have her there?

Until when do we have the room? Approximately when do we anticipate dinner? BTW last year's meal with the Tofurky for vegetarians was outstanding. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:31:01 am by RemSaverem »
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:56 pm »
Would it be possible to swing by at the start of the meeting, collect a ballot for each race, vote directly in the ones I have time for, and then, when I have to leave for the other meeting, turn the rest of them in all at once, either directly to the Secretary or to someone I select (probably randompvg)?

To cast a vote, presence in person is required at the time of the actual vote. We don't allow direct absentee voting because (among other reasons) the question being voted on can change right up until the vote itself. Therefore, I suggest appointing a proxy and having your proxy cast your votes.

Until when do we have the room? Approximately when do we anticipate dinner? BTW last year's meal with the Tofurky for vegetarians was outstanding. Thanks!

There's no way to predict, as the length of time for candidate discussion can vary a lot.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 02:41:27 pm »
I would like to send my video camera and tripod with someone who will be in attendance so that I can see what happens.

I will be working that day and I am sure I cannot get time off.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 10:29:59 am »
Ok. Since I might just skip both meetings for Yom Kippur services with my friend visiting from Chicago, and since if I do attend, I'd be splitting my time with the OryCon ConCom, I'll probably just have a proxy.

If the party would be still going after sundown, I might hop by.

To cast a vote, presence in person is required at the time of the actual vote. We don't allow direct absentee voting because (among other reasons) the question being voted on can change right up until the vote itself. Therefore, I suggest appointing a proxy and having your proxy cast your votes.

There's no way to predict, as the length of time for candidate discussion can vary a lot.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 12:04:37 am »
I would like to send my video camera and tripod with someone who will be in attendance so that I can see what happens.

Sorry, we've decided to continue our practice of not allowing video- or audio-recording the elections portion of meetings (we do allow recording of meetings otherwise, though).

We do make an official audio recording of the elections available to staff, sans the portions where comments are made while candidates are out of the room.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 11:56:06 am »
Given that this meeting is scheduled on the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, the fasting day, Yom Kippur (which, btw, would never have happened where I grew up, near Chicago); is there anyone else who observes, respects, or is curious about the holiday, who would like to meet me (if I make it) in the hotel lobby or parking lot at some point for a Mourner's Kaddish and improvised Yizkhor service? I know how to sing it in Hebrew, though I don't know if we'd be allowed to light candles (maybe in the parking lot).

Anyone of any faith or philosophy would be more than welcome to join. It would simply be a moment of prayer respecting those who have passed away (whether known to us personally, or involved in our favorite media, such as Satoshi Kon or Elisabeth Sladen) and a moment of silence.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:01:32 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:15 pm »
I just wanted to pop in real quick and respond to concerns about the date.  Some of our candidates made their scheduling conflicts known to us and that is the only day we could have it within a reasonable time frame.  I wish it was on a different day, because I can't go.  (Rumors of me fleeing the country to avoid elections are false, I have long-standing plans to be staring at pretty boys and chasing someone down for tea in Toronto that weekend.)  If there was another option, I would have pushed strongly for it. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 01:14:06 am »
is there anyone else who observes, respects, or is curious about the holiday, who would like to meet me (if I make it) in the hotel lobby or parking lot at some point for a Mourner's Kaddish and improvised Yizkhor service?

If I do go, I'd love to take part in this with you, Ellen!!!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 03:10:18 am »
is there anyone else who observes, respects, or is curious about the holiday, who would like to meet me (if I make it) in the hotel lobby or parking lot at some point for a Mourner's Kaddish and improvised Yizkhor service?

I'm not familiar with this customs of the day, but I'd also love to take part inasmuch as a novice can.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 04:29:17 am »

I'm not familiar with this customs of the day, but I'd also love to take part inasmuch as a novice can.

YAY!!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 10:34:03 am »
Awesome. Then I will talk to my best friend who is flying in from Chicago to spend the holiday with me, and if she is willing, we'll be there. You two happen to be among my very favorite people on the planet, anyway, regardless of from con or not from con, so, perfect. <3 <3

YAY!!!

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:35:39 am »
I have to play mod here guys.

Please take any discussion of goings on outside of the meeting to PM. Thanks!

-Bressler

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 10:44:20 am »
Good luck with your pretty boys. That the elections are on the holiday is not an insurmountable issue for those who are observant, because people who want to voice their opinions about or ask questions about candidates can do so via the forums, and people who want to vote can do so via proxy. But choosing to link the staff dinner with elections (a feast on a fast day) is what felt a little tacky and unfortunate to me.

Then again, I just reviewed the elections threads, and they've been dormant for a couple weeks, and some of the candidates haven't bothered to reply at all. Sigh.

I just wanted to pop in real quick and respond to concerns about the date.  Some of our candidates made their scheduling conflicts known to us and that is the only day we could have it within a reasonable time frame.  I wish it was on a different day, because I can't go.  (Rumors of me fleeing the country to avoid elections are false, I have long-standing plans to be staring at pretty boys and chasing someone down for tea in Toronto that weekend.)  If there was another option, I would have pushed strongly for it.  
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:51:17 am by RemSaverem »

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »
The staff dinner was planned as a way to get rid of some of the food left over from consuite, also as Elections usually drag on forever feeding staff at Elections was brought up last year(plus food draws people in so we don't miss quorum)
 Sorry that these things all converged on a Holiday, but it really was the best date available to us.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 04:30:34 pm »
The staff dinner was planned as a way to get rid of some of the food left over from consuite, also as Elections usually drag on forever feeding staff at Elections was brought up last year(plus food draws people in so we don't miss quorum)
 Sorry that these things all converged on a Holiday, but it really was the best date available to us.

I guess that's better than food going to waste....Though of course, our charity is a food bank.....

<EDIT> Actually, if the idea is here's a bunch of bread etc. that you can munch on during the meeting, by way of apologizing that the meeting may drag on, that makes sense. What didn't make sense to me was the idea of making the meeting even a couple hours longer by tacking a meal on to the very end of it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:57:43 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:54 pm »
The staff dinner was planned as a way to get rid of some of the food left over from consuite.

Not complaining about a free dinner provided but when reading this thinking its been a month since con,
 I picture a crock pot of mystery ..stuff bubbling and someone saying "oh it will keep and keep and keep...."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:18 pm »
The staff dinner was planned as a way to get rid of some of the food left over from consuite.

Not complaining about a free dinner provided but when reading this thinking its been a month since con,
 I picture a crock pot of mystery ..stuff bubbling and someone saying "oh it will keep and keep and keep...."

Bubble, bubble, toil & trouble....

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »
So, it looks like I will be going.  Some of us are arranging to carpool together.  I should be seeing you guys there!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »
So, it looks like I will be going.  Some of us are arranging to carpool together.  I should be seeing you guys there!

Happy for you :D I promise to let you know, once I know if and when I'm going. Perhaps 12:30 would be a good time to meet?

<<EDIT>>

JEFF:
For those wanting to vote by proxy, what is the correct way to use the form? It says not to send it to Altonimbus.

Do we snail mail it to our given proxy? Do we bring it to the meeting if possible, then hand it off to them? Is at the meeting too late for our proxy to receive the form? Is there a deadline? Does our proxy then show that to you as Secretary and you verify the signature or something? Is there a way to handle the whole process online? Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:56:46 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 08:17:24 pm »
I'll post about the proxy process by Saturday.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 10:14:47 pm »
Awesome.  I know of many staffers who can't go that'd like us that are to do this for them.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 07:55:15 am »
Since it's now past the point of Saturday (Jeff is working tirelessly on the beast of forums as well as my lazy self's website updates) I'll chime in just a tad bit on Proxy Forms:

The easiest way is to arrange with your proxy to receive the form personally.

According to a recent meeting of the Board of Directors;

Quote from: The Official Proxy Policy and Form

1) If you wish to vote by proxy, you must use this official form.
       a) The proxy form must be dated and signed to be valid
       b) A copy of a completed, signed in ink form is acceptable.

Now that this change has taken place you may fax/scan/beam a facsimile of your signed form to your proxy and it
will still serve as a permissible form for proxy voting. So the simplest route is to fill out your form, get to your
nearest Fedex/UPS/Kinkos/Copy Center and make sure your proxy is at there's and orchestrate a fax transfer of the
file from your location to there's! Talk about saving on driving and stress!

If you desperately need a place/person to fax your forms to, and nothing else is an option, contact me. I may be able
to help you get your form to your proxy.
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 06:57:17 pm »
Thanks for the info.
I had wanted to just come for the first half hour to hour and turn all of mine in in person, or hand mine to someone and have them turn them in, but Jeff says that would be absentee voting and isn't allowed because the races could change after I left? I think I understood that correctly? Just seems easier to me....What I'll probably do is show up at the beginning and physically hand my proxy authorization to my proxy (randompvg -- thanks, dear) and then leave when I have to for the OryCon ConCom. (Had it been just one or the other meeting I would've skipped it for Yom Kippur, but with both meetings, it's just too much to miss.)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »
I had wanted to just come for the first half hour to hour and turn all of mine in in person, or hand mine to someone and have them turn them in, but Jeff says that would be absentee voting and isn't allowed because the races could change after I left?

You can give your proxy form to your proxy at any time and then leave, but cannot cast ballots in advance. Ellen, it isn't my call to make. The votes happen at the time they happen--they don't happen "virtually" at the start of the meeting. The bylaws are clear on this:

7.D.3 Members must be present to vote, except as Paragraph 10.B.6 allows for a vote by proxy, and subject to its limitations.

If you're not present, then you're not present, whether you were there wishing to cast an early vote 1 hour prior, or 1 day prior, or 1 week prior. Common parliamentary procedure places a high value on the ability to be influenced in debate, and in our particular organization, given my personal experience of many years at elections in two cons, including when I am not in the "inner circle" and heavily rely on the comments and questions that happen at the meeting to decide, I strongly agree with this value on debate at the meeting. Because of this, proxies are the means we have chosen to address members who are unable to attend, instead of absentee voting. I am going to post more about this in the bylaws thread in the staff area.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:03 am »

You can give your proxy form to your proxy at any time and then leave, but cannot cast ballots in advance. Ellen, it isn't my call to make. The votes happen at the time they happen--they don't happen "virtually" at the start of the meeting. The bylaws are clear on this:

7.D.3 Members must be present to vote, except as Paragraph 10.B.6 allows for a vote by proxy, and subject to its limitations.

If you're not present, then you're not present, whether you were there wishing to cast an early vote 1 hour prior, or 1 day prior, or 1 week prior. Common parliamentary procedure places a high value on the ability to be influenced in debate, and in our particular organization, given my personal experience of many years at elections in two cons, including when I am not in the "inner circle" and heavily rely on the comments and questions that happen at the meeting to decide, I strongly agree with this value on debate at the meeting. Because of this, proxies are the means we have chosen to address members who are unable to attend, instead of absentee voting. I am going to post more about this in the bylaws thread in the staff area.

I understand what you're saying, and I would agree with the value of attending the discussions and debates if any of the following were true: (a) all our races were contested, (b) there were people running who were unknown to me or to the majority of voters, (c) I weren't already asking everything I'm interested in of the candidates in advance, and reading all the threads of all the races for all the inquiries by others. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to be able to arrive at our election meeting already knowing for whom they intend to vote, and that not changing over the course of the meeting.

But that said, I accept what you're saying as what has to happen presently with the given bylaws.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 12:42:42 am »
I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to be able to arrive at our election meeting already knowing for whom they intend to vote, and that not changing over the course of the meeting.

Which isn't the issue being discussed.

The issue being discussed is not whether people go in, and don't change their minds.

It's whether the dynamics of the voting process be changed so that significant numbers of people are voting in advance, perhaps some of them being new staff and not knowing the dynamics of election meetings, not realizing that people new-ish to the organization will often get most of the information on deciding who to vote for (outside of their department) at the meeting itself and not anytime sooner, and why this is desired over proxy voting, a system that addresses the issue of not being able to attend the meeting.

Proxy voting, although allowing for some of the same possible flaws, encourages more conscientious voting decisions (partly because it allows an appointee to allow the proxy-holder to modify a vote based on unforeseen circumstances, and partly just because the process makes clear that meeting attendance is the intended ideal rather than just being equally on par with deciding in advance), yet still allowing an appointee to give their instructions on how to vote in advance if they are sure.

I don't understand what is not satisfactory about being able to designate a proxy holder to vote per your wishes.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 01:00:29 am »
I'm fine with proxy voting as is and have actually been saying it should have more worth (by counting toward quorum). Had there been a way those who could make part of the meeting could cast all their votes it would've been nice in the sense that we wouldn't have to feel like we were burdening whomever we asked to vote for us, but it's not that much to ask of someone.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 06:56:07 am »
I think this goes without saying, but spread the word, guys. We lose a month of work if quorum is not hit.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 06:58:51 am »
I'll be getting various current/former club members who were staff this year together so we can determine who can & can't go.  I'm hoping that we'll have all CMAC-ers accounted for.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 09:06:11 am »
Its up to max and when he decides to come, warning tho he is getting wise that the belly button is not the way out...

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 10:22:18 am »
Just wanna double check - The person who is holding proxy for someone does not have to be a staffer, correct? A staff friend of mine from seattle cannot make it, but a friend of mine who is not on staff wants to attend elections and is willing to be her proxy. I think that's fine, I just would feel better if that's clarified. :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 10:39:37 am »
That is a very interesting question, Bresslol. I had not considered that one. Hm. Anyone know?

@Random, formerly randompvg, aka David Reynolds, is going to be my proxy (thanks, again).

I was going to drop by the meeting to drop off the form, but now I honestly don't feel I am up to even setting foot in the meeting (I said why in another thread), and I am looking for someone to fax my form to. Ally, does your offer still stand? I have access to a fax until 1pm today.

Is there a way to email in a form?

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 10:44:52 am »
Ellen,

No one should be fearful of their safety at our meetings. If you feel unsafe, please ask any staffer and we can assist you. We will do our best to accommodate you.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 11:28:42 am »
I have PM'd you as to my personal situation. Thank you very much. Please know that I send the message with regret but that it is truly devoutly heartfelt.

BTW: Can I have my proxy vote on the bylaw amendment? Or only in the elections?

Ellen,

No one should be fearful of their safety at our meetings. If you feel unsafe, please ask any staffer and we can assist you. We will do our best to accommodate you.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:01:05 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:46 pm »
How do I find the proxy form itself?
<<EDIT>> Ok it's in the first post of the thread, for anyone looking for it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:02:25 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 12:14:31 pm »
Just wanna double check - The person who is holding proxy for someone does not have to be a staffer, correct? A staff friend of mine from seattle cannot make it, but a friend of mine who is not on staff wants to attend elections and is willing to be her proxy. I think that's fine, I just would feel better if that's clarified. :)

From the form:

The designated proxy holder must be a voting member of Altonimbus Entertainment in good standing.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2011, 12:49:32 pm »

The designated proxy holder must be a voting member of Altonimbus Entertainment in good standing.

Right, but I'm confused, isn't it also the case that only staff can be voting members?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:50:52 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 12:52:39 pm »
Right, but I'm confused, isn't it also the case that only staff can be voting members?

With a few slight exceptions that probably don't matter here, you're correct. Jon was asking about a non-staffer holding proxy, and by pasting that I was answering in the negative.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 01:26:53 pm »
Its up to max and when he decides to come, warning tho he is getting wise that the belly button is not the way out...

Correction up to doctor, and she said inducing starts tomorrow, so no meeting for me and Chris :P , now to find proxys

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 01:27:27 pm »
On the bright side, MAX IS ON HIS WAY!!!  (Right...?)

I'll be meeting with some of my friends later today or tomorrow.  If we have proxy space and you haven't found one, one of us can do it for you guys.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:28:12 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »
YAY JAZ!