Author Topic: About those stickers  (Read 3563 times)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
About those stickers
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:26:50 pm »
i mentioned this to one of the volunteers.  but those stickers that were handed out for the hall cosplay were...i dunno water soluble or body heat soluble or something.  Mine kinda combusted and got all over my hands and my friend got the ink from it all over the frount of her costume.  im pritty sure itll wash out cause it got on there so easily.  but still, not something you want to happen to a costume.  i dont know if anyone else had this problem.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: About those stickers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 03:55:33 pm »
Quote from: "pinkrandomattack"
i mentioned this to one of the volunteers.  but those stickers that were handed out for the hall cosplay were...i dunno water soluble or body heat soluble or something.  Mine kinda combusted and got all over my hands and my friend got the ink from it all over the frount of her costume.  im pritty sure itll wash out cause it got on there so easily.  but still, not something you want to happen to a costume.  i dont know if anyone else had this problem.

Did you get yours on Saturday or Sunday? I was the last minute replacement for Beth when she was unable to come to the convention and run Hall Cosplay due to serious health problems. I had a volunteer who offered to help on Saturday and ended up doing it for several hours. She did an awesome job, but sometimes forgot to make sure that people put their cosplay contest stickers on the inside of their badge (on the paper) rather than directly on the plastic.

After the first time I saw someone's badge bleed, I warned everyone afterwards not to get theirs wet or expose it to sweat/etc. when I was giving out the awards. It was an unexpected problem, and I apologize profusely if anyone's costume got permanently damaged. :(
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
About those stickers
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:09:05 pm »
i got mine on saturday,  i wasent a big deal i just wasent sure if it had been known that they would do that.  and the girl who gave me mine just said to put it on the back of my badge, so thats probably what happend.  i dont think anything of mine was permenantly ruined.
Commissioning again!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
About those stickers
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 05:24:27 am »
I'm pretty sure I told her to put the sticker on the inside of the plastic, but she had a lot of info to absorb all at once; even I couldn't remember all of it without referring to the notes in the journal.

One girl got some black on her orange May costume, but it was in a spot that could be covered up with a belt if it didn't come out. I quite hope it did come out.

Anyway, sorry for the mistake, and thanks for being understanding.

Apollo Justice

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
About those stickers
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 05:37:07 pm »
LOL,  actually thats the orange may was the one i was talking about, thats the  friend of mine whose costume i made.
Commissioning again!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
About those stickers
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:39:08 pm »
Quote from: "pinkrandomattack"
LOL,  actually thats the orange may was the one i was talking about, thats the  friend of mine whose costume i made.

Oh, yeah, I noticed that was you after making my post, since you made that "commission" topic. Excellent job with the May. :) I'll keep in mind that it was you who made it, not you IN it. In any case, I hope it wasn't damaged.

Apollo Justice