Author Topic: Final Fantasy X HD  (Read 4779 times)

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
Final Fantasy X HD
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:53:31 am »
It was announced on tgs , It will be released on ps3 and psp vita. It's good news to me. I know there people who wine that lately everything is getting ported in HD but personality I don't mind.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:54:12 am by TheDevilsNightmare »

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Re: Final Fantasy X HD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:18 am »
I know a lot of people are going to jump on the fact that they need to remake a "better" game (Like 7 or 8 ) but you have to realize that this HD remastering is for the anniversary edition of FFX and it's not just a random, "Hey! Let's bring FFX into HD!"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:13:20 pm by Gryffinclaw Princess »

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:59:43 am »
I'm personally really excited for this, X is one of the best Final Fantasy games they've ever made and one that definitely deserves to be remade in HD. Plus having X on the go would be pretty sweet ^^

@Gryffinclaw Princess: The other reason they're doing X over something like VII or VIII is because remaking one of the PS1 games in HD would cost them a lot more simply because they'd essentially have to remake it from scratch, not to mention hiring on a bunch of VAs for all the dialogue. With X, they can essentially just touch it up to make it look prettier.

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:10:19 pm »
I don't even care why they are doing it.
I know they are doing it and it will be MINE.
D<
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:16:06 pm »
@Gryffinclaw Princess: The other reason they're doing X over something like VII or VIII is because remaking one of the PS1 games in HD would cost them a lot more simply because they'd essentially have to remake it from scratch, not to mention hiring on a bunch of VAs for all the dialogue. With X, they can essentially just touch it up to make it look prettier.

Uh...yes and no...
They aren't going to remake VII or VIII on the anniversary of X no matter the cost. :/
Plus, they should know the cost of remaking it would be offset by how many people would buy it.
Also, there is no point to remake those games because the PS3 can play PS1 games but not PS2 games. So they should technically be remaking all the PS2 games before the PS1 games so people only need one system.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:41:50 pm »
i love this! omg omg omg this was my 2nd final fantasy (my first being x-2... yes i know how much people hate that game...) and i am so buying >O please let there be a super awesome preorder bonus! *prays to videogamesgods*

i still think they should remake ff6..... even though that would take so much money and work. and i know at least a handfull of people that would buy it...
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »

Uh...yes and no...
They aren't going to remake VII or VIII on the anniversary of X no matter the cost. :/
Plus, they should know the cost of remaking it would be offset by how many people would buy it.
Also, there is no point to remake those games because the PS3 can play PS1 games but not PS2 games. So they should technically be remaking all the PS2 games before the PS1 games so people only need one system.

I was talking in general, not specifically for the anniversary. Also if you're talking the western audience then yes, a lot of people would by VII. If you're talking eastern audience, then X would easily sell better than VII. VII was only really a cultural phenomenon over in the west since so few people played the ones before it and thought it was something fresh and innovative. It's similar to Ocarina of Time: a great game still but waaaaaaaay too overhyped by people simply because of nostalgia. It does seem a bit weird though, since none of the PS1 games have gotten remade. Only thing close is the computer versions of VII and VIII, which are really just ports instead of remakes, or the ports of them along with IX to the PSN. 1-6 have all had a remake of some sort too, but those were in a haphazard order so maybe Square will do the same with the 3D Final Fantasy games.

I can see what you're getting at though with only needing one system. Maybe it's just cause my PS3 is fully backwards compatible so I forget that some people don't have that luxury.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »
@blizzad I rather play ps2 on ps2, Ps3 backwards compatible look terrible in hdmi. I rather play on ps2 because ps3 doesnt let me play with arcade stick with ps2 games, so much for backward compatible.

Also I think Final Fantasy X HD will be download type (havent read much into it) but am sure it will probably.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:41:01 pm by TheDevilsNightmare »

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »
@blizzad I rather play ps2 on ps2, Ps3 backwards compatible look terrible in hdmi. I rather play on ps2 because ps3 doesnt let me play with arcade stick with ps2 games, so much for backward compatible.

Also I think Final Fantasy X HD will be download type (havent read much into it) but am sure it will probably.

Eh, I don't have even close to a fancy TV so it doesn't bother me whatsoever. We still have our PS2, but it pretty much just collects dust now.

I could see X being a remake that just gets put onto the PSN, but personally I'm hoping it'll come out on disc instead.

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:39 pm »
It would be nice to see it on disk, but I don't think it'll come out that way.
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 04:16:34 pm »
if its psn download it be cheaper, but if its disc it cost maybe 40. It depends how much there making it HD. hoping to see some game footage. psp vita is a download only system, so maybe FFX will be the same for ps3

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 08:20:57 pm »
if its psn download it be cheaper, but if its disc it cost maybe 40. It depends how much there making it HD. hoping to see some game footage. psp vita is a download only system, so maybe FFX will be the same for ps3
The PSVita runs off of download and flash memory. so they will more then likely have it for all three. disc, card, and download

China bound!!!