Author Topic: SPOILER - WHAT IS WITH THE ANIME THIS WEEK!  (Read 5409 times)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
SPOILER - WHAT IS WITH THE ANIME THIS WEEK!
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:25:17 pm »
I am just wondering if anyone else found the shows airing the last couple of weeks to be totally depressing and angst filled.  I like to watch anime to lift my spirits and enjoy myself.  That definitely DIDN'T happen this week.   :'(

Episode 10 of Kamisama no Memochou was probably the worst for me.  I really liked Shinozaki Ayaka. (WTF!!  NOOOooo).
Episode 11 of Blade they kill off his partner through the entire anime series, Makoto.
Episodes 9 & 10 of No. 6 Nothing depressing about tanks massacring a bunch of civilians and flattening their town and then dumping the survivors into a pit. (think Jewish death camp)
Episode 8 of Mawaru Penguindrum ended with one of the main characters, Takakura Shouma, getting hit by a car.
Episode 9 of Blood C It wasn't bad enough they killed off the twins, now lets watch as a monster totally massacres the entire classroom of students we have been attending school with for the last 8 episodes.
Episode 24 of Tiger & Bunny ends with Kaburagi T. Kotetsu dying.  We can all hope he is just unconscious, but I don't think so.
Episode 22 of Ao no Exorcist ends with Okumura Rin strapped to a cross and screaming in agony and his brother turning into a demon.
Episode 8 of  Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi has Shigure Haruka arriving on the island at an awkward moment.  I really feel sorry for her character anyway, but what happens in this episode is just to cruel.
Even Usagi Drop, one of the most uplifting shows of the season, had me worrying this week since the main character was very sick.
Twin Angel – Twinkle Paradise, a magical girl show that is geared towards a younger audience, even had the character Misty Rose (based off of Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon) get shackled to a bomb, launched into the air, and blown to bits, at the end of the last episode.

I am seriously depressed after this week.  I watched them all after getting back from my daughters wedding.  Talk about an emotional roller-coaster.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:06:52 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
Re: SPOILER - WHAT IS WITH THE ANIME THIS WEEK!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »
wtf Ao no exorcist Wtf :C it's why I like the manga better read it super good but yeah wtf his brothers like a demon now when did this happen O_O

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »
tbh the series are probably getting ready for the end of the season, so they're getting angsty so they can either get better or leave a cliff hanger.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:11:55 pm »
If there is an anime with an episode about a Jewish death camp (may all martyrs of genocide rest in peace), please give me full details so we can talk about it in next year's Religion in Anime & Manga panel, thank you.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:29:24 pm »
If there is an anime with an episode about a Jewish death camp (may all martyrs of genocide rest in peace), please give me full details so we can talk about it in next year's Religion in Anime & Manga panel, thank you.

Sorry if my analogy mislead you Rem.  The anime isn't about Jews or even religion, but it is about war, totalitarianism, and persecution.  No. 6 is the name given to a post apocalyptic walled city utopia.  Only the utopia part is all gold gilt paint covering the true city beneath.  In actuality the city is a totalitarian state.  The people are just sheep, having every moment of their existence being watched over by the wolves that run No. 6.  Those that live both inside and outside the walls are treated as less than human.  Tanks with sonic cannons level the towns or communities that form outside the walls and gather up the survivors.  These are then dropped into pits like a garbage truck dumping at the land fill.  The piles of bodies number in the thousands.  Last episode had the main characters climbing a hill of bodies to escape the pits.  They are there to try and rescue a female friend (and possible love interest) who was "disappeared" by the wolves in charge, and is being used as a human guinea pig in some sort of super human experiment.  Right now it looks like the opening of Elfen Lied in the lab room.  I think the scientist have created their monster.

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:00 pm »
Has anyone seen ep 9 of Mawaru Penguindrum yet? @__@
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
I am just wondering if anyone else found the shows airing the last couple of weeks to be totally depressing and angst filled.  I like to watch anime to lift my spirits and enjoy myself.  That definitely DIDN'T happen this week.   :'(

Even Usagi Drop, one of the most uplifting shows of the season, had me worrying this week since the main character was very sick.

If that inspired a wtf... please don't read the manga? It's not bad, just very different in the direction it takes after the show's upcoming end.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »

If that inspired a wtf... please don't read the manga? It's not bad, just very different in the direction it takes after the show's upcoming end.

no read the manga for sure it's way good :D but the show just made me WTf for reasons because I had read the manga first and didn't understand.

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »
That's why you should always have a happy go-to anime that you can watch in situations like this. Like Lucky Star or K-On or something!

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 06:08:58 pm »

no read the manga for sure it's way good :D but the show just made me WTf for reasons because I had read the manga first and didn't understand.

Um...did you read the end? .___.
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »
@Spon I did but as I have a fever right now I forgot lol

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 06:35:33 pm »
That's why you should always have a happy go-to anime that you can watch in situations like this. Like Lucky Star or K-On or something!

I do watch Ro-Kyu-Bu!, The iDOLM@STER, Ikoku Meiro no Croisée, YuruYuri, Uta no Prince-sama, Mayo Chiki!, Nichijou, SKET Dance, and some other kids anime like Suite PreCure! and Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo, but even all of that couldn't deter me from the fact that almost every non-humorous show was totally depressing this week.  The only show that wasn't was Hanasaku IrohaKamisama Dolls and Sacred Seven were both borderline depressing and angst filled to the max.