Poll

What would you consider the most annoying thing at an anime convention?

I lost the game
97 (44.9%)
How do I get into voice acting?
19 (8.8%)
Two thirds of the cosplays being the same characters
46 (21.3%)
Autograph lines taking too long
9 (4.2%)
Other (specify)
45 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 214

Author Topic: Most annoying thing at an anime convention  (Read 471065 times)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: Most annoying thing at an anime convention
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:30 am »
If I want to be Kakashi in a Lolita dress with Itachi's headband around my thigh like a garter belt, I will!

I approve this.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »
I'm sorry if i annoy anyone or step on anyone's toes, I certainly do not mean to. The thing is, I just don't believe in being mean to anyone because everyone is having fun but I still do have my opinions. I keep my opinions about the specifics to myself and off the forums, I find that to be proper etiquette. That doesn't mean that its necessarily bad to have an opinion does it? Like Clouds for instance, I am always super grateful when someone takes the time to attempt getting the hair right, it makes me sad that not a lot of people try beyond buying the outfit. That being said, I've seen some pretty funny stuff when it came to an inability to completely finish a cosplay and it made me smile. Like in 2009 when there was an Axel walking around con with flat hair and a sign taped to his back that read "cloud stole my hairgel". Most people (including myself) will not be rude or mean to cosplayers unless the cosplayers are rude or creepy or something.
To those of you who gave it your all and due to whatever reason couldn't quite get it right or scrambled ferociously to get one done in time for con and had fun I respect and salute you. Effort is all I ask.

Opinions are okay to have, line is drawn when opinions become mean and hurtful to others. Can we please move on from this topic? Its turning into a never-ending debate that is stepping on too many toes. x_x
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:38:13 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2011, 04:59:35 pm »
^ agrees with this.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »
True because the most annoying thing ever is Niel Diamond music.  EVER. PERIOD
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2011, 05:29:13 pm »
True because the most annoying thing ever is Niel Diamond music.  EVER. PERIOD

XD epic post

Offline Onchan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2011, 05:38:10 pm »
I don't want to bash on or disrespect people for doing a bad cosplay so I'll try not to be too harsh:
When you make your cosplay please please please try and put effort into making it! D:
I see too many people dressing up and their costumes look last minute :/
Take the time and if it isn't ready to be shown or something is missing then don't do it yet, there is always next con ^.^

This is exactly what I meant by cosplay elitism. So the heck what if folks don't have the same skills as you? There's no requirement folks HAVE TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE. I've done a terrible House cosplay before (mostly because I'm wayyyyy to fat to be House.) Some people liked it, others didn't. People do come to con just to have fun, you know; not to have the best costume possible. Keep that in mind.

Call it what you want like I said I don't appreciate incomplete cosplays. Do I get offended by people who have completed their costumes and it doesn't look super pro status? No I don't. I'm entitled to my opinion.
THE SEXY PANDAS ARE HERE TO ROCK YOUR FACES!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2011, 08:49:59 pm »
If people want to have rushed cosplays that aren't accurate or look great I don't really mind. I by no means am a great cosplayer, I can hardly sew, I don't have much patients but I do take pride in what I do. Personally the thing that really bothers me is the excuses. The "I can't sew that's why I have a bad costume" I can't sew very well either but I still manage to try and get help when I need it. There are hundreds of us on this forum, most of which live withing 10-20 miles from each other, there is no reason that someone couldn't help you sew something. However, even that doesn't bother me too much to make me want to call someone out. WHAT DOES PISS ME OFF, and this did happen during the con, is when I consider myself to have a very nice costume (it was my x-2 Rikku) and the parts that I did do I spent a lot of time and pride on only to have someone is a crappy costume with no wig and hair look like crap tell me the faults of my costume. I guess my thoughts on this are if you can't put together a good looking costume then you are in no place to tell others what is wrong with theirs. Even if you can't put a good looking costume together you really shouldn't tell people what is wrong with their costume, if you feel you must do it with some tact, like "hey how did you do this_____? Oh thats interesting, I've done it this way before and had good results" that way you are not coming off as an a**.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2011, 01:18:11 am »
WHAT DOES PISS ME OFF, and this did happen during the con, is when I consider myself to have a very nice costume (it was my x-2 Rikku) and the parts that I did do I spent a lot of time and pride on only to have someone is a crappy costume with no wig and hair look like crap tell me the faults of my costume. I guess my thoughts on this are if you can't put together a good looking costume then you are in no place to tell others what is wrong with theirs. Even if you can't put a good looking costume together you really shouldn't tell people what is wrong with their costume, if you feel you must do it with some tact, like "hey how did you do this_____? Oh thats interesting, I've done it this way before and had good results" that way you are not coming off as an a**.

My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2011, 01:37:24 am »
What really gets me are the people who think they are know it all the people who really get down and dirty when you now something and they make you feel even more stupid by saying you are not acting like your charater or make fun of how fat you are in your costume. IF i wanna be a punk Chibitalia i will.  It annoys me so much that people think they have the right to tell me to go in charater or act a way that i dont want to I am sorry I cant get my voice so cute and adorble but i can wear a dress so dang well. for a girl i have a boyish voice and getting down to like a anime girl is harder then it looks. and the comment. I love Big women I love big people THEY do anmazing cosplay such as the OX king I loved the OX king adn who ever did it I HEART YOU . but it bathers me theses skinny people or others who arnt skiny look at those who are bigger then them and say oh that person fat they shouldnt cosplay or oh you need to lose weight before showing off your stomic. I feel the need to beat those who make fun of bigger people.  THOSE WHO ARE BIGGER PEOPLE I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE WHEN YOU COSPLAY <3  beside i like >> cuddling them beucseit makes me happy

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2011, 06:49:54 am »
^ I agree. Size shouldnt matter. Self esteem is an awesome thing to have and an even better thing to encourage.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2011, 07:03:53 am »
^ & ^^ The only thing I have to say about that is I've talked to a couple of heavy-set cosplayers about their costumes; they weren't that great.  What they told me was that, since many people didn't like that these big guys were cosplaying as petite characters, they should stop trying.  Therefore, they didn't make much of an effort to please others, since they were never going to be able to please anyone, no matter what they'd do.  I do think that if you're going to do it, or anything, it's better to try your best, even if you know that the outcome isn't going to be sensational.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2011, 04:06:06 pm »
ACTING IN CHARACTER! Oh god this....this is a topic of so much debate. I personally will never act in character unless I am posing for a picture/video, for a panel and/or in a skit. I personally think I don't need to be in character any other time. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT ACT IN CHARACTER WHEN NOT IN CON SPACE. I have heard so many stories of people going to get food and acting in character and treating the normies (people not attending the con) like crap. The way I look at is this, people who don't cosplay tend to look down on us already, they don't understand, and they don't want to understand. They think we are freaks and don't belong with the rest of the population. I have seen several people stare at me in cosplay and then laugh after I pass (and this is me doing nothing other than walking, not walking funny, not running, not even talking loudly, just walking). I personally want to change this opinion and I think everyone here should as well, so why would you want to do ANYTHING that proves their point? By acting in character when interacting with others that are not at the con only reinforce their stereotypes of us and thus giving ALL cosplayers a bad name. HOWEVER, I have meet several people that have not known about cosplay and when learning about it find it really cool so there is people who don't look down on us.

There are some characters that I have cosplayed or will cosplay that are very close to my personality so acting in character just comes naturally, for example Rikku and Haruko. Both characters have very similar personalities to my own so in that case I seem like I am acting in character but really I am just acting like myself :3

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2011, 04:41:40 pm »
I dont mind being in charater but i have to really be into the charater >>

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »
I'm sorry but I personally get annoyed when people aren't in character. Especially during photoshoots. If there is a gathering specifically for that group, then you need to be in character while in that group, especially if pictures are being taken. I've made it a rule, to not take pictures of cosplayers unless they are in character at the time I'm taking the pictures. I want a picture of the person portraying that character. Not murdering what the creator so lovingly made for us to emulate.

Note: I don't care if you do the voices perfectly, but at least do the personality semi-decently. Otherwise, what's the point of wearing the costume, and cosplaying? Cosplay = Costume Play, meaning you are taking on a role. It's acting, it's fun, and it's wrong to not do your best.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:48:22 pm by IrukaSensei »
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2011, 07:11:38 pm »
Note: I don't care if you do the voices perfectly, but at least do the personality semi-decently. Otherwise, what's the point of wearing the costume, and cosplaying? Cosplay = Costume Play, meaning you are taking on a role. It's acting, it's fun, and it's wrong to not do your best.

Wrong?
Really?
Plenty of people wear a costume because that is fun enough. They aren't all cosplayers.
As far as your little etymology lesson, let's look at the word "play".
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/play
Seems just about even to me, maybe those other people in costume are just having "fun".
A different kind of "fun" than you have, as hard as that may be to understand.

Or maybe, just maybe, they have no idea what costume they're wearing and are only doing so at the request of a loved one. True this is a minority, but it reflects poorly on the entire community when a person dons a costume borrowed from their cousin and visits their first convention (a bewildering experience for most) and suddenly has to deal with negativity from complete strangers.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:11 pm »
I just remeber one thing that really gets me is when you get a con stalker who finds you ever year and seems to always be there. or come up behind you and hug you. I ve had this happen to me many time with the same girl from the same cons ive been to she is a little odd herself but i am not saying its bad but it annoys me when the same people wave and say i huged you  then finds you agian and says hey i huged you over and over and over when you see the same person 10 times in one day.... I can tell she didnt wannah get my name so i was hey person ... i now you even out of my own cosplay and wearign my pjs on con floor .

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2011, 09:14:23 pm »
I also didn't say that people shouldn't act in character at con. I just said I don't act in character unless my picture is being taken, I am in a panel, or a skit. I don't run around the con in character the whole time. If others want to do that by all means they can. I also find it extremely rude to do it to someone who doesn't understand what is going on.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2011, 10:06:50 pm »
I will be in character when I damn well please, and I could care less about what others think.  For the most part, I work at cons and therefore don't have the time to act like said character, unless I make the time for it.  If people don't like that, tough.

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2011, 10:34:10 pm »
I personally enjoying just being my own character. It's more entertaining that way. =P

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:30 pm »
I'm not saying someone has to be in character 24/7 at a con. But seriously, the reason people like the characters is because of who they are. That's all I'm saying. I'm giving my opinion and how I feel about it. You don't have to like it, but it's just my opinion.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »
Not to seem ungratefull, but some times, when your CLEARLY busy, and doing stuff and have alot in your hands and some one says "Can I take your picture?" Its like, do you NOT see I am bring stuff to my car? I guess.... I love having my picture taken, and what not, when when I am in a rush or my hands are full, I like to be left alone untill I am done....

THAT! And like, being glomped over hour.... It sucks.... And Some times I got stuff in my hand that can break.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2011, 12:24:39 am »
^ This. Sometimes it's really not convenient to be running glomped from behind, especially if you have breakable things in your hands, or you've been asked to hold a cosplay prop by someone else and then you've got an "oh no, I'm falling, IT'LL BREAK!!!!!! DDDD:" moment while you try to not drop the prop, not fall over, and not elbow your enthusiastic fan in the face or step on them or something.  I enjoy being glomped as much as the next person, but its really just polite to ask first, or at least make sure they're properly braced for impact and can see you coming.

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2011, 12:28:10 am »
Uweee hee hee hee hee hee heee~

This thread needed a good evil laugh to lighten things up.  ;D
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2011, 12:31:19 am »
^ This. Sometimes it's really not convenient to be running glomped from behind, especially if you have breakable things in your hands, or you've been asked to hold a cosplay prop by someone else and then you've got an "oh no, I'm falling, IT'LL BREAK!!!!!! DDDD:" moment while you try to not drop the prop, not fall over, and not elbow your enthusiastic fan in the face or step on them or something.  I enjoy being glomped as much as the next person, but its really just polite to ask first, or at least make sure they're properly braced for impact and can see you coming.

I was glomped form behinds mnay tiems at con a few times someone had gotten an elbow to face .... it started to bother me becuse of a slight phobia I dont like beign touched with out know or is willing to do it myself... Trust me a bloody nose on a strangers isent to fun . It brothers me so much that i tell people before hand when i frist meet them I dislike beign touch normally at con i cant tell a person but I explect them to be infront of me so i can see. so i am alittle lesss uptight about it.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2011, 01:24:00 am »
From the sounds of it, I need to run my glomp Panel at Kumoricon. >.> So that I can teach all the little cosplayers and congoers, about how to properly glomp and what's appropriate and what is not. I did that at Mewcon for three years, and it seemed to bring down the number or broken props/coslplays/male bits...
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2011, 01:44:44 am »
From the sounds of it, I need to run my glomp Panel at Kumoricon. >.> So that I can teach all the little cosplayers and congoers, about how to properly glomp and what's appropriate and what is not. I did that at Mewcon for three years, and it seemed to bring down the number or broken props/coslplays/male bits...

Please I m tired of people pissed off at me becuse my elbow went into their face or i freak out at them >> worse thing that ever happen some random guy glomped me from behind and i didnt now who he was he didnt have a cosplay on or a bage and i freaked out and started to cry and i had to change clothing and shower and check if everythign i ahd was still on me ;-;

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2011, 01:52:57 am »

Please I m tired of people pissed off at me becuse my elbow went into their face or i freak out at them >> worse thing that ever happen some random guy glomped me from behind and i didnt now who he was he didnt have a cosplay on or a bage and i freaked out and started to cry and i had to change clothing and shower and check if everythign i ahd was still on me ;-;

I'll see if I am allowed to do this. And if so, if I can get a panel room with enough floor space to run this event. Also need to find a stable/strong/big enough guy to be used as the test dummy. Since my boyfriend is kinda not bulky muscle, and I am always scared I'll break him.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2011, 02:43:31 am »
I'll see if I am allowed to do this. And if so, if I can get a panel room with enough floor space to run this event. Also need to find a stable/strong/big enough guy to be used as the test dummy. Since my boyfriend is kinda not bulky muscle, and I am always scared I'll break him.

I might be able to accomidate you in that regard if I can afford to come. Probably Day 1 would be best for me but that is just a guess based on cosplays for photoshoot ideas. Day 1 would be a good day to do it for the purpose of the panel too. PM if you're interested.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2011, 08:10:13 am »
Nikkiolie makes a good point. Being in character around someone who doesn't know whats going on and/or is just doing their job (especialy if your character is somewhat of a rude person) it reflects poorly on us as a whole. Treat the people at subway, starbucks, plaid pantry, ect.. as you would if you weren't wearing a cosplay - normal and courteously. This way we are less likely to be shunned and given the evil eye at places where conventions are held. Our goal should be to make it a pleasant convention for everyone, including the non-attendees, so that we are welcomed back with open arms.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2011, 03:18:07 pm »
Repeat after me... This land... Is made of... love and peace!

Yay, your soul is mine now~ <3
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »

YES! Please do this!
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Mog

• Cabbit
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2011, 06:59:03 pm »
I don't think I glomped anyone that I didn't ask ;-; Well, unless they had a glomp me sign and I could tell they didn't have anything breakable in their arms. If you wear a glomp me sign, You are going to get glomped, just remember that. But seriously, randomly glomping people just cause they are in the cosplay you like isn't okay. I'm one to respect someone's personal space when they want it.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »
I personally enjoying just being my own character. It's more entertaining that way. =P

You ARE a character, Bressler! ;D

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »
Not to seem ungratefull, but some times, when your CLEARLY busy, and doing stuff and have alot in your hands and some one says "Can I take your picture?" Its like, do you NOT see I am bring stuff to my car? I guess.... I love having my picture taken, and what not, when when I am in a rush or my hands are full, I like to be left alone untill I am done....

THAT! And like, being glomped over hour.... It sucks.... And Some times I got stuff in my hand that can break.
I got asked to take a picture by three people while I was eating a peanut butter sandwich. That was fun to try and do my creepy smile with peanut butter in my teeth.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2011, 04:21:54 pm »
I don't remember if this has been said or not, but it's been continuously been played at my college, as well; that rainbow-pop-tart-cat-thing!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2011, 05:10:21 pm »
I don't remember if this has been said or not, but it's been continuously been played at my college, as well; that rainbow-pop-tart-cat-thing!

yeah, nyan cat is quite addicting but eventually the diabetes sets in. Apparently it started as a vocaloid song but was remade and put to the mindblowing adorable poptart cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-qfcfnsBw&feature=autoshare "survival of nyan cat not gaurenteed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4Wz1FZmlU
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2011, 10:13:55 pm »
It started with the Vocaloids...?  Ow... my head hurts...

...now I want to eat the Nyan cat; I'm hungry.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2011, 10:53:41 pm »
Remember, 2 fit in the toaster, but there will always be more you can order on the internets :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:40 am »
It started with the Vocaloids...?  Ow... my head hurts...

...now I want to eat the Nyan cat; I'm hungry.
yup! I was surprised too when I found out. It was Originally a Hatsune Miku osng, but the version used for Nyan Cat is done by my favorite Utauloid Momone Momo
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2011, 02:03:09 pm »
THIS! ^>V< ALL OF THIS!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2011, 07:38:29 pm »
O.o is that supposed to be the YMCA?
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »
YES!... No, I meant all annoying things listed :)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2011, 02:26:56 pm »
A girl standing next to me in line was glomped and the Glomper had her hands in a fist.  This Glomper was very excited about the formentioned glomp, ran up to the glompie for the glomp and punched me in the face and knocked me into the trekkie standing next to me.  She had no idea of what she did and then ran off to glomp someone else.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2011, 02:33:24 pm »
^ now that is just really mean!!!
It's fine to be excited but make sure no one gets hurt!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2011, 09:48:05 am »
Punching is bad, but the closed hand glomp is something I actually taught in my glomp safety lessons.

It prevents accidental groping of the boobs (such as if they are bound or the costume is baggy).
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2011, 09:56:23 am »
i lost the game sooooo anoys me and people forgeting its spoused to be fun makes me mad too

but two of my MAJOR BEEFS are
1: people cosyplaying from a gmae/anime/show and have no idea what its about because they were just fallowing the croud
2: people treating other people rudely because thier costume isnt up to thier standereds (for example if i was to treat a sailor mars cosplayer rudely because thier bow wasnt big enough)
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2011, 10:55:10 am »
A girl standing next to me in line was glomped and the Glomper had her hands in a fist.  This Glomper was very excited about the formentioned glomp, ran up to the glompie for the glomp and punched me in the face and knocked me into the trekkie standing next to me.  She had no idea of what she did and then ran off to glomp someone else.

Punching is bad, but the closed hand glomp is something I actually taught in my glomp safety lessons.

It prevents accidental groping of the boobs (such as if they are bound or the costume is baggy).

It sounds like you should have also taught how to properly swing one's arms around so as to prevent harming an innocent bystandard... ;D

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »
That's why I teach all the Glomp techniques I have learned in all my years of glomping. Anyways, Just a quick note in here to answer a persons question. Yes I'll be doing the Glomp panel.

Something else that annoys me, when people have no bloody manners towards those around them. And think that because they paid to do this event, and someone else volunteered their time to be at the event, somehow entitles them to treat the volunteer like manure.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2011, 03:17:54 pm »
That's why I teach all the Glomp techniques I have learned in all my years of glomping. Anyways, Just a quick note in here to answer a persons question. Yes I'll be doing the Glomp panel.

Something else that annoys me, when people have no bloody manners towards those around them. And think that because they paid to do this event, and someone else volunteered their time to be at the event, somehow entitles them to treat the volunteer like manure.
Oh god that is super annoying!! It happens at the nightmare factory a lot too. People think that cuz they paid to go in they can treat all the actors like crap! Its not the case.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »
know what else i hate. people smoking at the convention.

i personaly cant breathe in smoke with out it seriously hurting my lungs. plus i work hard on my costumes and dont want them to reek of smoke
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)