Poll

What would you consider the most annoying thing at an anime convention?

I lost the game
97 (44.9%)
How do I get into voice acting?
19 (8.8%)
Two thirds of the cosplays being the same characters
46 (21.3%)
Autograph lines taking too long
9 (4.2%)
Other (specify)
45 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 214

Author Topic: Most annoying thing at an anime convention  (Read 470679 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
Most annoying thing at an anime convention
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »
What would you consider the biggest nuisance at an anime convention?
No offense to anyone who's responsible for any of these things.
Regarding the second choice: Over the past four years, I've been attending voice actor panels on a regular basis and at more than half of them, someone asked how to get into voice acting and the panelist/panelists had to spend 20 minutes of the panel giving all of these details on how to do it. I've never found anything wrong with people wanting to voice act and I like how VAs have inspired many people to get interested, but when you hear someone ask it at almost every panel and have to keep hearing the same kind of answer again and again, at least a third of the audience is going to have heard that question a million times and the majority of people who attend these panels want to hear as many questions get asked as they can. And it allows fewer people to ask their own questions because of the amount of time it takes for the panelist to explain all the details.
I've met one voice actor (Michael McConnohie) who makes fliers he puts on each chair of the panel room giving his own insight on getting into it and I'm starting to recommend the same thing to other VAs that I've met.

Regarding the third choice: I will admit that I think it's repetitive seeing so many people cosplaying as characters from Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Naruto, Final Fantasy 7 and Ouran, but as common as it is, I have no complaints with people doing it because in my opinion, it's best for cosplayers to do characters they like and are most comfortable dressing as because that way, they're being themselves more than they would if they dressed as someone from a lesser known anime. Although if you're gonna cosplay, that should be your purpose, not because the character is popular (no offense to those who do that). However, it is nice whenever people dress as different characters.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Most annoying thing at an anime convention
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:51 pm »
In general, the game.  It's annoying, especially since I hear it so much OUTSIDE of con.

This year, the chair.  by far, nothing was more annoying than the chair craze.  It was funny during the Cosplay Skit contest, but got old very quickly after that.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
Gosh, this is tricky, those are ALL valid choices...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »
I voted for the third. I get tired of seeing the same characters, but not necessarily the same anime. There are worlds' worth of characters to be cosplayed, I just think it is a waste to see so many people doing the exact same character. Like, personally, I try my best to cosplay underrepresented characters. Not just for that reason, but it actually makes me feel better about my cosplays, because I know I won't be lumped in with anyone else. I'll stand out and be my own standard. It does just get boring, though, seeing 10 or 15 of the same character, even if they're done well. I lose interest and respect after a couple, which I'll admit is unfair to the cosplayers who choose those characters, but if you are willingly cosplaying a character that will be done by multiple others, you should know that your chances of standing out or even being remembered are slim to none.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »
I am abstaining from this vote because this will quickly turn into Trolling 101 for Kumoricon 2012.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »
THE CHAIR LOST THE GAME!!!!!!

am i doin' it rite? D:

Seriously, the most "annoying" thing at an anime convention?  The people that forget the word "play" in cosplay.  It ain't cosserious or coslifeordeath.  It's cosplay.  Have fun, enjoy the costumes other people do, and don't offer unsolicited advice or insult the costumes other people are wearing.

I am fond of a quotation from Dan Rather.  He says, "Take your work seriously, but not yourself."  Sage advice, indeed!

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »
^Thank you for saying that! It seemed I got insulted a lot this year since I was cosplaying from a well-known video game and not being "unique". And of course, I also got insulted since I wasn't the best looking person cosplaying. That was one thing I felt was so annoying was people taking cosplaying to seriously. Not only did that made me look like an idiot, it made me feel worse during the convention. Luckily, I had my boyfriend and friends to cheer me up. ^_^

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:46:20 pm »
^Thank you for saying that! It seemed I got insulted a lot this year since I was cosplaying from a well-known video game and not being "unique". And of course, I also got insulted since I wasn't the best looking person cosplaying. That was one thing I felt was so annoying was people taking cosplaying to seriously. Not only did that made me look like an idiot, it made me feel worse during the convention. Luckily, I had my boyfriend and friends to cheer me up. ^_^

I know right? It seems like people are starting to get stuck-up when it comes to cosplay again, which is really a sad thing to see. It's one thing to criticize your own cosplay because of things you don't like, but it is never cool to do that to someone else.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
The most annoying thing for me is when I'm trying to get somewhere and people are either a) clogging the halls, or b) are walking right in front of you and then just stop for no reason. Every time it happens I just want to yell at someone.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »
"the game" is sooo annoying!

Any time I heard it I responded as loudly as possible "you have won the game, you are free!"
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:21 pm »
The game, the chair, and the cosplays. I walked through the park during the Durararararararararararararararararara shoot and 90% of it was the same two characters x.x AND THERE WERE LIKE 60 PEOPLE THERE!

Other than the game something that I didn't hear that much of this con was the marco polo thing.

The free hug signs and when people hold out there arms expecting a hug from you and you already made eye contact and its awkward when you walk away without giving them a hug. I DON'T FREAKING KNOW YOU! YOU MAY SMELL! I"M WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! I will say I am more inclined to give girls hugs than guys especially when I am wearing skimpy outfits.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 08:28:46 pm »
Apparently the game was to end when the Prime Minister or something said "the game is done"... which happened two years ago... so the game is freaking done

Also, I really hate it when people brag on and on about how awesome their cosplay is. Sometimes they do it when other's ask, but I had this one Dressy Ciel that kept going on and on about how awesome her costume was... the back of her dress was ripped open, her wig was matted and she had no hat. Seriously, don't brag... it makes me really hate your cosplay, no matter what it looks like

Also, when people make fun of other cosplayers. As a plus size cosplayer, I can say it really really hurts. Just because you don't look like you walked right out of the show/video game/manga/book/tv show/whatever, doesn't make it a bad cosplay
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 08:46:51 pm »
having the mystery game canceled was kind of annoying, but what can you do? **shrug**
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 08:56:29 pm »
I don't see rooming with an absolute drama queen as an option, but I pick that.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »
Annoying when People Stop in the Middle of the hall for pics -_-' Seriously move to the side or something, I cosplay Bleach the character is similar to me so thats why I cosplay it. I dont mind seeing alot of naruto, ouran and full metal alchemist. Thats not annoying most ppl know those series because thats what they started with. I started with Yu Yu Hakusho some other started with older anime.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:50:07 pm »
"The Game". It was interesting to learn what it was my first con, but not really great after that.

I'm pretty lenient of people's costumes and what they choose to wear. I do want to gripe a little to some of them and kindly ask them to cover a certain portion of their body that I shouldn't have to see. For example, there was a gentleman, with his friend, who was addressing some cosplay issues with his lower half at the end of a quiet hall we were chilling at and it seemed like he wasn't wearing anything to cover his butt or front other than the cosplay bit. I didn't get a good look cause I didn't want to, but it was kind of awkward and I wanted to ask if he'd feel more comfortable doing that in the men's bathroom rather than in front of 5 girls sitting on the floor, 2 of which were minors.

I guess that falls under be mindful of what you wear and how you adjust yourself?

Free hugs. Awkward. Especially when all 3 days I was hugged by the same person. I did like how this individual waited to see any kind of ok from you before directly proceeding to hug.

o.o I'm sad to hear a lot of this picking-on and insulting business going on. I always hear of it, but never see it in person. If I have a comment to make, I think it. You can think whatever you want, but I don't believe that gives you the right to waltz up and tell them what's wrong with their costume. Maybe going up and asking if they'd like advice on a certain part, AND including to offer your contact info to further the conversation. If you aren't going to offer some solid good advice and be willing to possibly talk after-con, then kindly keep your lips shut.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:51 pm »
I agree to a point about cosplay, I do look for unusual cosplayers to take pictures. Many of the female Hetalia cosplayers starting to look same old same old to me.  Why I do not seem any male Hetalia cosplayers?

As a furry there is a false assumption one is needs to be in a animal costume to attend a furry convention (specially among press and shock jock trying to “infiltrate" the con get a scoop ) , I wonder there a similar false assumption about anime conventions;  that one has to  cosplay to attend anime  conventions.

As for "the game", I do not let it get to me; young people will be young people.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »
Mostly people congesting halls and PEOPLE WHO SHOVE PAST YOU TO GET ON AN ELEVATOR. Nothing is more annoying then patiently waiting there in line and when it gets to the point where your the first person, a group of people squeeze up there after being there for 10 seconds and filling it up.. When you've been standing there for about 5 minutes waiting.. I don't mind if your staff or you have a valid reason for needing to get up there but when it's blatantly obvious that your just to damn lazy to stand in line its just rude.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »
The one thing I get really fed up with at cons would be the unnecessary drama. I mean, come on! You're at a convention where you're supposed to forget about your troubles and have a good time while surrounded by an awesome and exciting atmosphere. People need to realize just how spoiled enough they are for being able to attend a convention in the first place, and learn to appreciate that! Have fun, damn it! >T

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 11:33:16 pm »
i never get the game thing, but im guessing the multiple costumes... i want to stand out too, but then again, there's this sense of belonging when u are with someone with your costume... not sure, that's how i see with other people since they had more fun hanging out with people in the same costumes... when i found out there was another BRK other than me i had mixed feelings really, YAY sum1 also cosplayed BRS, NYUUU im not a unique cosplay anymore XDDD-- when i tried to hang around with the BRS team, we didnt really click-- but hey, it was worth the try. so i went off with my lone wolfy cannon once again XD

im just saying tho-- no offense to the BRS team-- you guys were awesome~!!! i just did wish we clicked more =w=
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 01:11:51 am »
about the #3

I am guilty of cosplaying a popular character but I always try to do something to make it stand out. Like I made Aerith's weapon because I dont see many people actually making that prop. And I actually made my bangs stick up. I belive that people will cosplay what they want and I'm fine with seeing multiples of the same cosplay. I choose to see it as they appreciate the same character that I also like and that is a good thing.

The most Annoying part? Probably the people that assign you a role in their little con day dream and will hug without warning and then run off again or stay to add to your confusion because you have no clue what they are talking about. I am always friendly to everyone unless they overstep their bounds (like leading into a creeper or sexual harrassment kind of way) But I would appreciate some distance and the ability to say yes or no to hugs and such. OH and the Cosplay chess. I wanted to see more mock battle style that made sense (not a bunch of random characters assisting out of the blue) and the use of the characters actual moves/ weapons I didn't see a lot of that and it dissapointed me. Oh and I wanted to duct tape the commentators mouths shut. Could not stand that laugh.

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 01:28:20 am »
The free hug signs and when people hold out there arms expecting a hug from you and you already made eye contact and its awkward when you walk away without giving them a hug. I DON'T FREAKING KNOW YOU! YOU MAY SMELL! I"M WEARING NEXT TO NOTHING! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! I will say I am more inclined to give girls hugs than guys especially when I am wearing skimpy outfits.

...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:59 am »
See that isn't too bad. If someone is wearing the sign and has people come up to them rather than the sign holder going up to people expecting hugs. It's much less awkward that way, people who want to give and get hugs will be happy rather than somone wanting a hug but not getting it. I am also much more likely to hug a cosplayer than someone just holding the sign.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 10:21:57 am »
I do think a lot about bad cosplays >.> I saw this one Ichigo cosplayer (Bleach) who had really bad hair, but he was really in character, so I started talking to him. He was a really great guy and fun to talk to, and we became con buddies. I feel like if you're going to be a little off, be in character!

Though it was funny seeing a Lizzie (Kuroshitsuji) outside smoking xD
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 10:24:55 am »
about the #3

I am guilty of cosplaying a popular character but I always try to do something to make it stand out. Like I made Aerith's weapon because I dont see many people actually making that prop. And I actually made my bangs stick up. I belive that people will cosplay what they want and I'm fine with seeing multiples of the same cosplay. I choose to see it as they appreciate the same character that I also like and that is a good thing.

The most Annoying part? Probably the people that assign you a role in their little con day dream and will hug without warning and then run off again or stay to add to your confusion because you have no clue what they are talking about. I am always friendly to everyone unless they overstep their bounds (like leading into a creeper or sexual harrassment kind of way) But I would appreciate some distance and the ability to say yes or no to hugs and such. OH and the Cosplay chess. I wanted to see more mock battle style that made sense (not a bunch of random characters assisting out of the blue) and the use of the characters actual moves/ weapons I didn't see a lot of that and it dissapointed me. Oh and I wanted to duct tape the commentators mouths shut. Could not stand that laugh.

In defense of Cosplay Chess, this year not only were we trying out new things(commentators and music) but also audience members decided that they needed to be part of the action instead of leaving it to us pieces. I will admit though that this was the worst year I've seen since I started attending Kumoricon. We have multiple threads going on about working out the kinks and making next year extraordinary, so I hope you'll give us a try next year and have a much better experience.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 12:07:10 pm »
Too much stress and drama. When i go to a con, i want to relax and have an awesome time, not be crying because of the stress other people are causing for me. I'm seriously considering getting a room for myself next year just so i don't have to deal with dumb people and all their stress. The last thing i want to do is sit there for an hour waiting for people to get ready and end up missing a pannel or a time when i was sopposed to meet up with someone because we didn't get out and there on time.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 12:23:02 pm »
my biggest issue is, is when people step on my outfit or drag me places I don't want to go or tie me up. 1. Ask me if I am okay with it and 2. don't find a person cosplaying the same character then tell me to my face i am too tall and say they are prettier! excuse me I worked hard on it and don't want it ruined nor do I want it bashed infront of me!

Also that dressy ciel with the tear on her back was a nice and intresting person indeed!

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »
my biggest issue is, is when people step on my outfit or drag me places I don't want to go or tie me up. 1. Ask me if I am okay with it and 2. don't find a person cosplaying the same character then tell me to my face i am too tall and say they are prettier! excuse me I worked hard on it and don't want it ruined nor do I want it bashed infront of me!

Also that dressy ciel with the tear on her back was a nice and intresting person indeed!

cosplayers like that only cosplay to boost their self esteem, dont mind them. =,..,=
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 12:34:37 pm »

cosplayers like that only cosplay to boost their self esteem, dont mind them. =,..,=

It just ticks me off a tinni bit :C

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 01:12:07 pm »
about the #3

In defense of Cosplay Chess, this year not only were we trying out new things(commentators and music) but also audience members decided that they needed to be part of the action instead of leaving it to us pieces. I will admit though that this was the worst year I've seen since I started attending Kumoricon. We have multiple threads going on about working out the kinks and making next year extraordinary, so I hope you'll give us a try next year and have a much better experience.

Oh I'm giving it a try. I actually plan to maybe enter next year because it looked like fun even though it was disappointing. The audience should stay out of it I think if thats what was happening. The handing weapons to Mokina wasn't that bad (fairly entertaining) But the random things popping up for support of characters that didnt even make sense in the slightest... That was a tad annoying.

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 01:16:04 pm »
The only thing that REALLY gets on my nerves at conventions (any convention) is hall-clogging. But honestly, that wasn't as much of an issue at this year's Kumoricon--the halls were nice and wide, and people were usually considerate about trying to get out of the way for pictures (or conversely, leaving space for others to go around them). So I actually don't feel like it's a legitimate complaint this year :D

Also, as others have mentioned, UNNECESSARY DRAMA, but again I feel like there was less of that this year. Over-all I feel pretty positively about kumoricon right now :)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 01:25:07 pm »
There is this one person that completely rubs me the wrong way (in a "creeper" way) and always wants hugs.  :X  I've never turned down a hug but to be honest I would start to avoid this person after awhile.  :-X

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 01:28:35 pm »

There have been a few creepy people at conventions. One actually tried to kiss me out of the blue! X_X Even if you are joking about it you need to ask before you randomly grab someone and move your face too close X_X Besides that I was spoken for at that time so it wouldnt have been good!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:37 pm »
I'm sure most of these have been said already, but here's my two cents (I'll even bold the ones that are extra annoying!):

- The game.
- Mainstream cosplays. (It's unfortunate seeing the same characters over and over again.)
- People thinking that just because you're at a convention means they can forget all common sense and manners.
- People who can't recognize when a conversation is over. (And you're trying your best to be polite, but it's just like, "Yeah.. um... I have to.. go..".)
- Weeboos. (I know, I know, I'm at an anime convention.)
- The Glomp Circle. (Yes I still have a vendetta against it from last year's incident.)
- People asking for photos at inappropriate times.
- People clogging the halls.
- Con creepers.
- Con drama.
- People who aren't respectful of fragile or expensive costumes.
- Loud people. (Srsly. Shut up.)

I know, I'm a crotchety old lady. :B

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 01:33:10 pm »

There have been a few creepy people at conventions. One actually tried to kiss me out of the blue! X_X Even if you are joking about it you need to ask before you randomly grab someone and move your face too close X_X Besides that I was spoken for at that time so it wouldnt have been good!

Cheek kiss or lip kiss? (It probably doesn't matter, but at least on the cheek there's maybe some excuse as it could be considered a greeting, lol)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 01:34:02 pm »

Cheek kiss or lip kiss? (It probably doesn't matter, but at least on the cheek there's maybe some excuse as it could be considered a greeting, lol)

Lip XP It was a Vincent Cosplayer When I first cosplayed Lucrecia in 2009

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 01:38:14 pm »

I Think I know this cosplayer you speak of >->; I got pinned down by a vincent in 2009 and he tried to french kiss me when I was cosplaying Zidane...

La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »

I Think I know this cosplayer you speak of >->; I got pinned down by a vincent in 2009 and he tried to french kiss me when I was cosplaying Zidane...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1039364641456.5368.1745730076&l=ede124dabc&type=1 In the pictures there is pictures of a turk vincent and a red cloaked vincent. The turk was my friend and the other one was the creepy vincent.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 01:43:35 pm »

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1039364641456.5368.1745730076&l=ede124dabc&type=1 In the pictures there is pictures of a turk vincent and a red cloaked vincent. The turk was my friend and the other one was the creepy vincent.

Oh god yea thats the same vincent >< I'm sorry he got you guys too. He almost tried to kiss my girlfriend as well v.v
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »
^^ Wow, that most definitely crosses the line. Some people, some close friends, can take their cosplaying to that level, kissing in character and what-not, and if it's agreed upon between them, that's one thing. But just up and trying to put the moves on a stranger...no effin' way. Hopefully someone reported the guy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 01:45:47 pm »

Oh god yea thats the same vincent >< I'm sorry he got you guys too. He almost tried to kiss my girlfriend as well v.v

Yikes X_X Some people have no sense of boundaries it seems.

^^ Wow, that most definitely crosses the line. Some people, some close friends, can take their cosplaying to that level, kissing in character and what-not, and if it's agreed upon between them, that's one thing. But just up and trying to put the moves on a stranger...no effin' way. Hopefully someone reported the guy.

I wish I had reported him.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:46:46 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »
Quote from: Shadow
- People thinking that just because you're at a convention means they can forget all common sense and manners.

YES, THIS. I would have to put that as my second most irritating observation at cons. People can get so carried away in their own little world that they don't even consider the fact that reality is still happening around them. What I don't like is when they turn into a-holes when they are required to step off (for even a brief moment) of their happy little cloud for the sake of someone else's comfort, whether they are a convention attendee or not. Boundaries, people! They are needed, even at conventions!!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 01:49:25 pm »
Quote from: Shadow

YES, THIS. I would have to put that as my second most irritating observation at cons. People can get so carried away in their own little world that they don't even consider the fact that reality is still happening around them. What I don't like is when they turn into a-holes when they are required to step off (for even a brief moment) of their happy little cloud for the sake of someone else's comfort, whether they are a convention attendee or not. Boundaries, people! They are needed, even at conventions!!
I was walking along the sidewalk outside of the Hilton this year and a girl seriously just walked right into me, didn't stop, and didn't apologize. I didn't have any room on my other side to move and she must have had about three persons worth of space on her other side. WTF.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:32 pm »
For me? Personally? All of the minors that have no manners. I don't mind the ones that have them, but all the bloody green badges with absolutely no manners to speak of. They think that because they are under the age of 18, they entitled to do whatever they want. I had three photos ruined by greenbadges. I was up on the fish, late at night, and they all decided to try and climb and get up there too. While the person was trying to take the picture. And I asked them three times to get down, and they just asked me who I thought I was, and why I thought that I had the right to tell them what to do.

There went that photo op. I barely get pictures taken of me at con as is, even when I do have a really good cosplay.

Also, that's another thing that annoys me. I know that people are looking for certain cosplayers, but do you know how much it picks up someones day to be asked to have a picture taken of them? It's like someone shoved your own personal sunbeam into a persons heart. It's a beautiful feeling. Especially if they are wearing a nice outfit, but aren't a character from a series. People, stop to actually think that not just the 'popular' cosplays need pictures taken. Even if you don't KNOW a series, perhaps stopping to ask for their picture would actually really help their day out.

I ended up sitting in the park, on saturday night, just before all the minors were kicked out. I was sitting with a group of nearly twenty cosplayers, tucked away in the park, who had never had their picture taken the whole convention.

So i guess what annoys me most is that people think they are all that at conventions, and don't stop to consider other peoples feelings.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 02:11:06 pm »
about the #3

They weren't necessary audience members. They were alternates that were sad they didn't get to play. And before the game even started there was a chance for the chess pieces to ask for help FROM the alternates. I think it got carried away a bit but I am pretty sure some of them were planed. If there was a giant rush then I don't think it was planned. I think I remember when one chess piece actually called out to the Inuyasha cosplayer, that seemed planned to me.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 02:12:12 pm »
Another thing that sort of bothers me is when people don't respect other peoples personal space. I enjoy hugging, cuddling, and snuggling and all that, but it would be nice to be able to do all that without having my ass grabbed or my face kissed by some random stranger i just met. It just doesn't make me comfortable :I At one point i got surprize tongue kissed by someone i was hanging out with at a photoshoot, which i really wasn't all too happy about...Let's just say i didn't hang out with them after that.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 02:16:55 pm »
Another thing that sort of bothers me is when people don't respect other peoples personal space. I enjoy hugging, cuddling, and snuggling and all that, but it would be nice to be able to do all that without having my ass grabbed or my face kissed by some random stranger i just met. It just doesn't make me comfortable :I At one point i got surprize tongue kissed by someone i was hanging out with at a photoshoot, which i really wasn't all too happy about...Let's just say i didn't hang out with them after that.

That seems to happen the most with the most popular cosplays like Durarara and Hetalia (at this moment). You will find that if you cosplay less popular stuff it is less likely to happen since all the weeaboos aren't cosplaying for it either. In all my years going to a con it seems like the most immature people are the ones cosplaying from the popular series. Not everyone is immature that cosplays from them but it seems like the marge majority is.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »

That seems to happen the most with the most popular cosplays like Durarara and Hetalia (at this moment). You will find that if you cosplay less popular stuff it is less likely to happen since all the weeaboos aren't cosplaying for it either. In all my years going to a con it seems like the most immature people are the ones cosplaying from the popular series. Not everyone is immature that cosplays from them but it seems like the marge majority is.

This being the reason I am terrified of cosplaying Hetalia X_X I am for my group and because I do like it but oh man I am afraid of people.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 02:27:27 pm »

Yeah, i've noticed that too. I try not to let it ruin my fun of cosplaying from a series though. Hetalia has been my favorite for over two years now, so i wouldn't let a bunch of insane fans ruin it for me. I have, however, met a ton of really great people and made a lot of friends at meetups and cons just from cosplaying Hetalia, so it's totally been worth it because of that. You just need to figure out how to pick through the pile of needles in order to find those few pieces of hay, so to speak :3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »

This being the reason I am terrified of cosplaying Hetalia X_X I am for my group and because I do like it but oh man I am afraid of people.

Well, you should never let someone or something intimidate you from cosplaying someone you really want to. Just try to keep yourself surrounded by people you trust, who you know will keep creepers away. I will gladly provide this service if desired, even if I'm not cosplaying Hetalia, heh.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:27:59 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!