Author Topic: 2012: Hetalia & SatW  (Read 101547 times)

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
Re: 2012: Hetalia: Axis Powers & Scandinavia and the World
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 09:39:11 pm »
@MiriaRose: I knew there was a reason for awesome people like you.
But I totaly agree with you on this stuff.

As cosplayers, and in the hetalia fandom. we all really need to try our best to be ggod in this fandom. because now it seems like if you even heard of hetalia, your the biggest idiot ever. (Not calling people one, but thats how people are sorta viewed in this fandom now, and its sad.)
Because alot of us are in fact trying our best to show that not all of us are crazy.

(Sorry, sorta got off topic)
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 09:40:05 pm »
@Titus and Rozen: Yeah I saw a maid prussia this year and totally fell in love with it~! Hope to wear it during the photoshoots... **hoping there will be a yaoi photoshoot of some sort*

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:00 pm »
@Titus and Rozen: Yeah I saw a maid prussia this year and totally fell in love with it~! Hope to wear it during the photoshoots... **hoping there will be a yaoi photoshoot of some sort*
That maid prussia was my super awesome friend Samcatlover XD

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:29 pm »

I really wanna see you as maid prussia

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »
@MiriaRose: I knew there was a reason for awesome people like you.
But I totaly agree with you on this stuff.

As cosplayers, and in the hetalia fandom. we all really need to try our best to be ggod in this fandom. because now it seems like if you even heard of hetalia, your the biggest idiot ever. (Not calling people one, but thats how people are sorta viewed in this fandom now, and its sad.)
Because alot of us are in fact trying our best to show that not all of us are crazy.

(Sorry, sorta got off topic)
<3 ilu

Thanks. I don't want Kumoricon to get the rep of Anime Boston (I keep using this example for a reason guys) and I'd rather not have anyone here be posted on /cgl/. The Hetalia fandom has such a bad rap as it is- I don't want it to get even worse because someone got caught up in the moment and had a foot-in-mouth moment.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:44:44 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 09:45:15 pm »
@Rozen: Really?! Tell her that she did an awesome job!

@Titus: I am most defiantly doing it!~ But the problem is since I'm going by my own design of Prussia's maid outfit, I need to find one of those sexy halloween maid costumes and alter it to be Prussia-ish. And I see some of those costumes are pretty spendy.......

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
ignore this post I am done with this . 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:38:32 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2011, 09:52:35 pm »
Look you all need to stop hissy fitting about it and go with the flow really everything that was said was childish and needs to end DONT even think about nor talk about it it is now in the past . and will stay in the past this is kumoricon a family con for all you guys dislike it then thats you for me I dont care anymore so please just stop talking about those other post above your heads and what happen at anime bosten its not our con THIS is our con our family if you guys dont want it to be runied then drop it and end of story and be happy agian

I don't mean to sound rude, but this isnt your thread to make that choice. And she keeps trying to remind people about what happened so it still stays a family con and not over run by crazed fans.

She is just doing her best to keep people from getting into trouble. And if she needs to repeat her self, over and over and over again.... Its because people still don't get it and they need to learn that some things are not okay.

Plus, if you don't like what we are talking about, then just over looking it and ignore it. Easy as that.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2011, 09:56:06 pm »
Okay, I understand that maybe our panel is coming off as some chaotic no holds barred, this is going to be the panel that ruins hetalia forever thing (to some people), but we have no intention of letting it become that. I'm sorry if my post offended anyone, but this will be the last time I post about it IN THIS TOPIC.

Like I have said before, if any of you have a problem with the panel (which I was just excitedly saying I was going to be running because it was a shiny new thing for us to get involved in, for myself and my cosplay group), you should really post your issues in the panel topic itself. Feel free to do so, and I or any of the other panelists will be happy to address your concerns.

*shoves the topic back on track with a bulldozer*

Chroma, have you thought of making it yourself? It'd probably be less expensive to buy the fabric and make a maid uniform than spend money on a possibly not very good halloween cosplay.

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2011, 09:57:28 pm »
Look you all need to stop hissy fitting about it and go with the flow
When have I been hissy fitting? If I were hissy fitting I'd be far, far worse. I tend to not hissy fit over serious issues such as this. Please don't tell me to "stop hissy fitting" and to "go with the flow". You're detracting from the real issue at hand, which is a common response made by people who are being offensive when called out on it.

really everything that was said was childish and needs to end
Childish? I've been posting in a serious tone, using proper English, and been courteous. I'd hardly call that childish.

DONT even think about nor talk about it it is now in the past .
It's nice of you to tell me what to do in my own thread when this is a serious issue.

and will stay in the past this is kumoricon a family con for all you guys
Yes, it's a family con. Hence the discussion.

dislike it then thats you for me I dont care anymore
If I disliked Kumoricon, I wouldn't pay $500 a year to attend. Because that is the absolute minimum I spend on Kumoricon, from train tickets and registration and hotel costs.

so please just stop talking about those other post above your heads
Why? Seriously, it's a valid question. This is an issue. The fact that we're all still talking about it shows that. Please don't detract from it; it's important.

and what happen at anime bosten its not our con THIS is our con our family if you guys dont want it to be runied then drop it and end of story and be happy agian
I'm sorry, but dropping it doesn't solve the problems. By ignoring an issue, one makes it worse. Also, what happens at Anime Boston does matter. We represent our fandom and what we do does matter. Lots of people who attend Kumoricon go on /cgl/, and lots of people on /cgl/ hate Hetalia and will do anything for a good slice of drama. This is important.

Rozen, thank you so much.

Okay, I understand that maybe our panel is coming off as some chaotic no holds barred, this is going to be the panel that ruins hetalia forever thing (to some people), but we have no intention of letting it become that. I'm sorry if my post offended anyone, but this will be the last time I post about it IN THIS TOPIC.
It's not going to ruin Hetalia FOREVER. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, which is why I'm continuing to say it here.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2011, 09:59:18 pm »
@hikaru: I have thought of it, yes. I do have a maid pattern (just have to dig it out of my closet of dooommm XD). Just be the matter of time if I can get it done. But, seeing as it not being much, I think I can easily make it. Thank you for a good reminder on making it. ^_^

Offline samcatlover

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 10:00:12 pm »
Quote from: Chromophobic

That was meeeee~! <33
Everyone seemed to love it, and it was great since it was my first con and I wasn't sure what to expect. :D

Maid!Prussia(100%), fem!USA(50%), Cinderella(0%), Human!Notepad(70%), Sealand(100%), Generic Japanese Schoolgirl(100%)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2011, 10:04:25 pm »
@Sam: You were absolutely ADORABLE!~ I wanted to get a picture, but sadly my friends kept kidnapping my camera. T^T
I hope to follow in your footsteps of become a good maid Prussia. ^_^ Or if you return as a maid prussia, then that'd be amazingly awesome having two~

Offline samcatlover

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2011, 10:07:45 pm »
@Sam: You were absolutely ADORABLE!~ I wanted to get a picture, but sadly my friends kept kidnapping my camera. T^T
I hope to follow in your footsteps of become a good maid Prussia. ^_^ Or if you return as a maid prussia, then that'd be amazingly awesome having two~

Thanks~! :3
Being maid Prussia is very fun. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it~

Maid!Prussia(100%), fem!USA(50%), Cinderella(0%), Human!Notepad(70%), Sealand(100%), Generic Japanese Schoolgirl(100%)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »

Thanks~! :3
Being maid Prussia is very fun. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it~

aww can i take you home i loved it so much i was going threw photos to find you >< but i couldnt find them in my carma just the ones form the yaoi shoot

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »
Updating the first post from what I've missed, for which I do deeply apologize for, but I've had issues with both my mental and physical health lately, so responding to posts has been low on my priority list.

So if you're still missing after the edit, please feel free to remind me to add you.

Interjecting before I start quoting, but the current matter is very much on topic, as it does concern the fandom and the cosplayers who will be attending the con next year.

Look you all need to stop hissy fitting about it and go with the flow really everything that was said was childish and needs to end DONT even think about nor talk about it it is now in the past . and will stay in the past this is kumoricon a family con for all you guys dislike it then thats you for me I dont care anymore so please just stop talking about those other post above your heads and what happen at anime bosten its not our con THIS is our con our family if you guys dont want it to be runied then drop it and end of story and be happy agian
Please don't take this as a personal attack, but this is exactly why these matters need to be addressed.
Shoving things under a rug, throwing a hissy fit while attempting to call out a hissy fit, and calling parties who don't share the same opinion as you childish is not how issues are addressed and worked through. Saying dropping an issue to save it from being ruined is counterproductive, if a government was to take that initiative, nothing would get done and the majority would suffer.

As you've stated, Kumoricon is a family con, so extra measure are needed to ensure that the fandom as a whole does not do anything offensive is a main priority, and should always be an active part of your mind while still managing to have fun.

Like I have said before, if any of you have a problem with the panel (which I was just excitedly saying I was going to be running because it was a shiny new thing for us to get involved in, for myself and my cosplay group), you should really post your issues in the panel topic itself. Feel free to do so, and I or any of the other panelists will be happy to address your concerns.
I haven't finished reading through the thread it's in yet, but by the way you have worded things, you're not leading things to end in a desirable way.

I will post in the thread when I have finished reading through it, but I will state here that you should have asked the previous runners of the last two year's World Meeting panels if it was okay for you to steal their idea, as the evidence stated has given no proof that you have, and that you have insulted them while simultaneously stealing their idea.

There is, after all, an understood respect between Kumori-Con attendees to respect others' wishes, as Kumo's community is more family like than Fanime or AX's.

Oh, Miria and Rozen, thank you so much. <3
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2011, 10:39:19 pm »
I haven't finished reading through the thread it's in yet, but by the way you have worded things, you're not leading things to end in a desirable way.

I will post in the thread when I have finished reading through it, but I will state here that you should have asked the previous runners of the last two year's World Meeting panels if it was okay for you to steal their idea, as the evidence stated has given no proof that you have, and that you have insulted them while simultaneously stealing their idea.

There is, after all, an understood respect between Kumori-Con attendees to respect others' wishes, as Kumo's community is more family like than Fanime or AX's.

Oh, Miria and Rozen, thank you so much. <3

Thank you, and your welcome.

But yes. I was talking to the person befor she choose to leave it up to the new people who are running the world meeting now about how some one was hosting a 18+ panel. And we both agreed it was a little rude to basicly take the idea. She and I both felt a little insulted because she didnt want to host a 18+ panel for good reasons. That was clearly stated.
(Hope this makes sence)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2011, 10:44:29 pm »
Really I am going to state this now and never come back.. I am not involed with this any more nor do I care you all have your opionons and i got mine I  respect each one of you and enjoy being around you as well and I have had alot of fun and thank you . but I am ending and splitting apart from this topic. and others as well

Be well and i hope this all gets solved some time soon.

-
Titus

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:08 am »
I feel awkward and know nothing about what's going on . . . .___.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2011, 08:32:29 am »
I don't speak for Programming at all, nor am I speaking as a moderator. This is just my personal opinion:

By far the best thing you can do is work on making your own panel fun and interesting. Trashing someone else's panel doesn't make yours look better by comparison. If anything, it calls it into question.

The Programming people are the ones who have final say on panel content, not the forums.

~~~~~

That said, I do need to say one thing as a moderator: This is the Cosplay board, not Panels. Please keep it on the topic of cosplay, and please keep it civil.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:24:35 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2011, 11:47:57 am »
I feel awkward and know nothing about what's going on . . . .___.

It is nouthing to talk about anymore we are on topic. how is your cosplay going raveen for this ? anything interested ?

Offline The L.Avator

• Cabbit
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2011, 12:26:09 pm »
I am going to be N.Italy again. But one of the days I will be Magnet!Italy (Yes like the vocaloids) But I will have a Magnet!Germany with me to. -shot for doing GerIta..... dies a painful death-

Or basicly this

XD

-brings back to life and hugs- DOOO ETTT! I love the magnet idea sooo much :3 plus gerita is my otp pretty much in general.

I'll never hear the end of it from my friends if I dont do America this year. im sure xD So I'll be America for a good portion of the con and maybe bring back my Geramny cosplay but tweak it a tiny bit.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:36:39 pm by The L.Avator »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 12:43:50 pm »
I love those headphone si got them in red

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2011, 02:07:56 pm »
I'm basing it off of an old Marching band uniform XD (like 1960-1980's era)(it's Red, White, and balck) and Roy Mustang's pants XD

I'm working of making huge gears for the back to cover a large glue stain, and for America's huge ego, and love of all things. Need a wig, and glasses that'll have clock gears welded/glued to them. I'm doing it as effective/cheaply as possible.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2011, 03:10:08 pm »
So you decided to stick around after all, Titus?

Rozen, oh you. You do so much GerIta! xD
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »

The subject was changed so I asked my friend I am going to leave agian so -poofs-

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:50 pm »

And you know whats sad...? I hate GerIta with all my heart. No joke. I just really like Germany. And I all ways forget I am cosplaying Italy. XD -dies inside-

I have my reasons, and I would like it if no one jumped me for hating this pairing. I will not attack any one else for liking this though. thank you very much

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: 2012: Hetalia & SatW [First Post Edited w/Links]
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 08:19:05 pm »
A least you aren't anti-yaoi. Nothing against it, just don't care for it. I'll poke fun, nothing else ._____.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »
I'm thinking of joining my friend Chromophobic as a maid.Right now i'm working on a design for a N.Italy maid outfit.I'm hoping one can be worked out so I can join my friend in the maid-ness :)
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 08:22:39 pm »
A least you aren't anti-yaoi. Nothing against it, just don't care for it. I'll poke fun, nothing else ._____.

I like my fair share of yaoi.... But I hate basicly all Hetalia fan pairings.... Because to me, pairing countries just doesnt sound right. I know I know.... the characers are human. But they ARE a country.

So yeah.
XD Tis fine if any one else likes it. XD

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 08:24:26 pm »
I do love Russia a lot though XD But I agree the pairings in Hetalia, even the hetero ones, just feel creepy because they are countries.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 08:26:33 pm »
I do love Russia a lot though XD But I agree the pairings in Hetalia, even the hetero ones, just feel creepy because they are countries.

OMG! I love you. XD Yeah, it scares me... unless it was like Canon like Austria X Hungary

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 08:28:34 pm »
Still, I don't care for pairings. . .

For cosplay reasons. What do you use for gluing crafting foam together? And what paint do you use? I need to know so I can create giant gears for America's (ego)
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2011, 08:31:54 pm »

For cosplay reasons. What do you use for gluing crafting foam together? And what paint do you use? I need to know so I can create giant gears for America's (ego)

My last post becuse i love raveen

Craf foam you can heat up and bend to how you want it  any pain works on it and a hot glue gun is best. my sister made her whole costume out of craft foam so
Im me if you need more info
-poofs-

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2011, 08:36:05 pm »
I think I meant to say Foam Board not crafting foam. . .I'm new to 3d art. So i get it confused.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »

My last post becuse i love raveen

Craf foam you can heat up and bend to how you want it  any pain works on it and a hot glue gun is best. my sister made her whole costume out of craft foam so
Im me if you need more info
-poofs-

We have clearly moved on from the topic. >.> plus your not really going poof if you keep checking this thread you silly. XD (not saying you can't check, beause you can.)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2011, 08:39:17 pm »
So I know I am going to get a lot of rip for this but is there a problem with cosplay nazi prussia?

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2011, 08:43:07 pm »
So I know I am going to get a lot of rip for this but is there a problem with cosplay nazi prussia?

Well, depeands on what you meen by nazi prussia. I wouldn't care, because nothing offends me. But if you do the hole swastika arm band, I would say just be carefull with what you say and what body languge (SP) you give off.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »
Personally I would not think it's a problem. I mean in 2010 there were a hand full of Schrodinger cosplayers from Hellsing. And Schro always has a nazi armband on. I think the Hellsing fandom died so much there were no cosplayers this year. But, I say you should go for it. But wait on the others opinion before you decide for sure.

In my opinion, I think Nazi!Germany though is a more logical choice, but then again could be offensive.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »
I wasn't going to be offensive with it for sure. And thank you guys :3 I just really want to do this for personal reasons

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »
Personally I would not think it's a problem. I mean in 2010 there were a hand full of Schrodinger cosplayers from Hellsing. And Schro always has a nazi armband on. I think the Hellsing fandom died so much there were no cosplayers this year. But, I say you should go for it. But wait on the others opinion before you decide for sure.

In my opinion, I think Nazi!Germany though is a more logical choice, but then again could be offensive.

I wanted to do germany...(the wwii out fit... wich is, the nazi unifrom but he has a soldier's offcer hat wich confuses me) but I would just be in his normal uniform.... And germany has a M36 eilet(sp) officer unifrom (Dont ask me why I know... I am a history nut) and I wanted to get a replica of it... some day. But wth out the arm band.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2011, 09:01:25 pm »
Also I need to know what is offensive to people so give me a list :3

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »
I'm good for anything, except hardcore yaoi.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2011, 09:18:34 pm »
I will never go any further then the person feels comfortable with.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2011, 09:24:09 pm »

the nazi solute
Some body lanuge when in a uniform like that (Not sure how to explane it)
I wouldnt glare at some one at all in that out fit eather.

not really sure.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »

the nazi solute

not really sure.

I would make a really horrible joke about the glareing thing but I won't

and if I do the salute it will be in private for a private photoshoot with one of my friends of course that picture will not be posted online.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2011, 09:27:30 pm »

the nazi solute

not really sure.
yeeeeaaah, it may just be best to not do it at all....

Also, I would reframe for hilter and Jew jokes.

and if I do the salute it will be in private for a private photoshoot with one of my friends of course that picture will not be posted online.

EDIT: CRAP! It didnt post what I typed!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:30:06 pm by RozenMaiden_Girl »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2011, 09:29:05 pm »

the nazi solute

not really sure.
yeeeeaaah, it may just be best to not do it at all....

Also, I would reframe for hilter and Jew jokes.

jokes like that are not something I do in front of a crowd let alone other cosplayers so no worries :3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:07 pm »
What's offensive?

'Kay. I can give you my list:

Discrimination
Slurs
Sexual abuse jokes
Hell, abuse jokes in general
Nazis
Actually any genocide jokes/references
Disrespecting flags
etc. etc. etc.

Also, as for cosplaying Nazi!Germany? To a con? No. Please don't. There's a lot of people who go to Kumoricon who have relatives who were murdered in the Holocaust- Myself being one of them. And yes, I would get very, very mad. Hell, there's plenty of people in Portland and Vancouver who are survivors of that and suffer psychological damage from it. The Holocaust really wasn't that long ago.

As for Nazi!Prussia: The Prussians weren't too fond of Hitler. In 1934 Hitler enacted Preussenschloss which basically took away all of the power Prussia had, and the aristocrats were not fond of that, not one bit. Aside from that, while they were horribly racist, they didn't think that they should go kill everyone they didn't like with fire. As for nazi!Germany, most of the Germans during that time weren't Nazis.

I'm not sure what sort of personal reasons you might have for doing it, but I'd advise against it. It'd be really tasteless, bro, and staff would probably ask you to change. Aside from that, you'd get posted on /cgl/ by any of the Oregonian seagulls, and you would basically become Oregon's Axelai (whom I incidentally go to the same university as! whooo~).
"Would you kindly. ."

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2011, 10:39:32 pm »
What's offensive?

'Kay. I can give you my list:

Discrimination
Slurs
Sexual abuse jokes
Hell, abuse jokes in general
Nazis
Actually any genocide jokes/references
Disrespecting flags
etc. etc. etc.

Also, as for cosplaying Nazi!Germany? To a con? No. Please don't. There's a lot of people who go to Kumoricon who have relatives who were murdered in the Holocaust- Myself being one of them. And yes, I would get very, very mad. Hell, there's plenty of people in Portland and Vancouver who are survivors of that and suffer psychological damage from it. The Holocaust really wasn't that long ago.

As for Nazi!Prussia: The Prussians weren't too fond of Hitler. In 1934 Hitler enacted Preussenschloss which basically took away all of the power Prussia had, and the aristocrats were not fond of that, not one bit. Aside from that, while they were horribly racist, they didn't think that they should go kill everyone they didn't like with fire. As for nazi!Germany, most of the Germans during that time weren't Nazis.

I'm not sure what sort of personal reasons you might have for doing it, but I'd advise against it. It'd be really tasteless, bro, and staff would probably ask you to change. Aside from that, you'd get posted on /cgl/ by any of the Oregonian seagulls, and you would basically become Oregon's Axelai (whom I incidentally go to the same university as! whooo~).

I understand that But if a schrodinger can do it why can't someone else?