Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 323864 times)

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #1600 on: August 21, 2012, 10:13:54 pm »
Alright, there's a bit of an update for me as well.

Miku is...getting there. I've ordered another wig which will be here between tomorrow and the 28th (hopefully...). If not, then I'm going to really quickly make the second pigtail look presentable. >u>;;;

And then my Shaymin Sky Forme gijinka's antlers are done, and my dad and I are hopefully going to be spray painting the boots tomorrow. Yaaaay!

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1601 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:37 am »
Worked more on Riddler. I remade part of my staff and added more detailing.

Tomorrow I'm searching for those little details that I can use. Like buttons to replace mine and such like that. Also will be getting better makeup for Ice King. The cream makeup just wasn't working, especially with how much I'm going to sweat in that. So I'm getting aqua color instead!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #1602 on: August 22, 2012, 01:00:04 am »
Styled my John wig, attempted to style my Aradia wig but that failed so whatever, it looked alright the way it was, and I'm about to go fiddle with my dude!Jane wig a little more but it's mostly done. My John, Jane and Dipper costumes are completely done, and Aradia is nearly there (I still need to finish those flipping armsocks).

Here's my completed John Egbert cosplay, sans wig styling, along with the Jade Harley from my group (photo by Akedian). Considering it was entirely made of things I already had because we had a last minute costume shuffle-up when our previous John dropped out, I think it's pretty alright.

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #1603 on: August 22, 2012, 11:13:45 am »
Pirate!Spain is basically done now!

2012 Cosplay: Pirate!Spain, Kyouya Ootori

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1604 on: August 22, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »
I got all my foam sprayed and set. Tomorrow... *nervous gulp*... I sculpt! I've never done this before, so I'm terrified.

Also, I put a first layer of foamcoat on my styrofoam, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever used this product before? I am using it for durability, but also to get a smooth texture, and it is a little too thick and shows brush strokes. Can I thin it with water?

I used foam coat before:  I've heard that you can water it down so you can brush it on.  I haven't done that myself.  I've only done thick layers.  that stuff is awesome.  no more getting high off of bondo.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1605 on: August 22, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »
I watered some down this morning, and it is working nicely. It helps for getting an even coat, I've found. I was leaving too many brushstrokes with how thick it naturally was. I'm wondering, though, what you use to make it glossy? It seems to be drying pretty...rough? if that makes sense. I know mod podge dries with that smooth semi-gloss look. Do you put anything over the foamcoat for a glossy finish?

As for progress, been cutting away at foam for a couple hours, and I've still got some work to go. The shape is starting to emerge, but I just don't want to cut too much too fast. Slow and steady...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:35:09 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #1606 on: August 22, 2012, 02:20:58 pm »
I watered some down this morning, and it is working nicely. It helps for getting an even coat, I've found. I was leaving too many brushstrokes with how thick it naturally was. I'm wondering, though, what you use to make it glossy? It seems to be drying pretty...rough? if that makes sense. I know mod podge dries with that smooth semi-gloss look. Do you put anything over the foamcoat for a glossy finish?

As for progress, been cutting away at foam for a couple hours, and I've still got some work to go. The shape is starting to emerge, but I just don't want to cut too much too fast. Slow and steady...

Mod Podge is what I usually use as a gloss.
2012 Cosplay: Pirate!Spain, Kyouya Ootori

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1607 on: August 22, 2012, 04:38:15 pm »
So, about a month ago, my list of aspiring displays went as follows:

Sailor Neptune, sailor form
Sailor Neptune, casual form
Sailor Neptune, ball form
Pinkie Pie, human male raver form
Rhode Island, Hetalia OC
Mikuru Asahina, adult form

With con time coming closer, and Chan on that trip I opposed, money has dictated that I officially scrap some of these. Rhode Island and Mikuru are for sure gone; ball form Neptune might go, too.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1608 on: August 23, 2012, 04:40:08 pm »
So, yesterday I went over to Demony's to have her try on her costume. Looks pretty good, but this trial run showed me a few errors I needed to fix, such as little things on the bodice I need to fix, the petticoat being difficult to get on and off, and the cape not wanting to stay in place!
I fixed the cape problem with some really big safty pins, if that doesn't work out, I'll come up with another solution, but a final test run of both our costumes will be had before the convention regardless.
I need to go get a zipper to install to the petticoat, because I want it to fit her waist very snug, as it will make it easier for the outer skirt and the bodice to go on nicely.
As far as what I did today, I put together my belt and sword holster, as well as my cape holder and support straps.
At firts I was very irritated with it because I'm not really that great when it comes to props, but the foam served it's purpose very well!
Now I'm just waiting for it to dry before I can put it on my cape and I can start making a second one for my belt.
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1609 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »
I got a suit for my boyfriend's doctor cosplay today! Only 4 bucks!! :D
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1610 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:40 pm »
large image warning!! My sollux captor god tier is totally done!! See you at con! : D
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1611 on: August 23, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »
Did a quick dress rehearsal today for both of my cosplays (Well, for Konata, I just did the wig and makeup.)

For Scout, I need a small haircut (especially on my bangs and an inch trim. My hair's getting loong...) and I need to fix the backpack's strap (it's a little loose, so I'll either fix that or find another brown messenger bag cheap somewhere.)

For Konata, I still need to fix my maid dress (when i ordered it, it was too small >_< My mom's going to help me extend the dress.) and try to find shoes (If I can't find any shoes for cheap, I might just wear my Vans >_< Unless I find shoes that fit me somewhere.)
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline hyperkineticenergy

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #1612 on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:18 pm »
This "checklist" is mainly so I know where I'm at...heehee
Umbreon-cover the legs
Once-ler-get grey hat
Harry Potter-unsharpen sword
John Egbert-DONE (well not really, but I'M done)
Romano-Find all the stuff for him and fix wig
Deadpool-fix/make belt
Shizuo-(maybe...) make fake Cigs

Sadly, I'm dropping Izaya

That about covers it I think

Kcon2012:Umbreon, Romano, Shizuo, and Izaya

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1613 on: August 23, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »

...seriously?  Nice!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1614 on: August 23, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »

I finished my Dipper hat! Cost me only 25 cents XD I had to seam rip a lot of crap off the front of the hat and then I took some iron on patch stuff and made the tree from that then painted it. Now all I'm missing is the socks.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1615 on: August 23, 2012, 09:50:05 pm »

...seriously?  Nice!
Yhea! It was totally awesome! Gotta love Salvation Army!
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Heirii

• Cabbit
« Reply #1616 on: August 23, 2012, 09:55:27 pm »
Just finished my Matryoshka hoodie the other day. Im soo happy its done! It was originally just the face design on the hood but i thought it looked too boring so i added some things to it. Looks so so much better.

Plans '13:
Madokami - PMMM
Park Bom - Lollipop MV
Mabel - Gravity Falls

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1617 on: August 23, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »
I'm starting to feel that the end is near!

Kuranosuke is 100% done. I'm so happy with it! My friend, who is doing a different version of him, and I went to the aquarium last weekend and took pictures. They're pretty fab.

Secret cosplay is at 95%. All I need to do is buttons, button holes, hem, hat, and trimming the bangs on the wig. :D The dress looks soooooooooooooo goooooooooood. Come to the cosplay contest on Sunday at con to see what it is!

And then there's Luigi.... :/ everything is cut out and ready to go, I just need the motivation to sew everything together. Otherwise everything is bought and ready to go. I'll post pictures when it finally gets done.

Also my bf got his wig so he can do Roy Mustang again (but not dye his hair). And he got his Dexter (from the Showtime show) Miami Police badge in the mail. Probably need to get him some rubber gloves to wear around. lol

It doesn't help that I'm trying to do all of this AND move out of my apartment and into my parents' house. XP
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:52:26 pm by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1618 on: August 24, 2012, 01:59:41 pm »

I would use Envirotex Lite High Gloss Epoxy Pour on Resin you can get at Michaels or JoAnns in different sizes.  it takes awhile to dry and harden at least 12-20 hours but it's a nice glossy finish.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1619 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »
taking all 6 of my cosplay and dance outfit for a test drive tomorrow.  Pics will be posted for you amusement.   ;D

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1620 on: August 24, 2012, 05:10:00 pm »
The black lipstick I ordered came in the mail today! I'm using it for Rose, Roxy, and maybe Gaz.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1621 on: August 24, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
Okay, so on account of last-minute penny-pinching, my list of needs is down to this: casual dress gloves, some type of guy shoes, a pink wig, and (wax).

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1622 on: August 25, 2012, 01:34:28 am »
I got my belt all done and am still unsure of whether I'm gonna put belt straps on the shirt to keep them up, I'll do a test run tomorrow maybe to see how that goes.
But I got all the peices for Izaya cut out and construction shall begin tomorrow! 8DDD
From there all I need to do is finish that, and then style my wigs!
I'm glad everything is falling sort of into place. <3

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #1623 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:22 am »
Alright, yesterday I got my last two cosplays completed! Now all I have to do is braid Miku's other pigtail and then I own't have to worry about it anymore @.@

Miku : http://fav.me/d5cew5j
Skymin : http://fav.me/d5cewk1

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1624 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:47 am »
I'm pretty sure that I will get, at least, the shoes later tonight, after Chan and I go on our tour of the hospital. (I'm so excited!!! *squees an unnaturally high-pitched squee*

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1625 on: August 25, 2012, 12:59:25 pm »

Dipper! Sorry its crappy camera phone picture XD

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1626 on: August 25, 2012, 04:21:54 pm »
I got my Desert Punk helmet and faceplate all done.  even with a fan inside that thing is stuffy.  Think I will have to spend a lot of time in the shade or inside.   ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1627 on: August 25, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
Rokuro is finally completed. All that is left of Darc is to touch up some paint and thats done. I'm just about ready for con ;3

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1628 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:55 pm »
PICTURE TIME!!

ok forgive the piggies but I didn't feel like putting on the shoes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:46:58 pm by Drauska »

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1629 on: August 26, 2012, 02:56:55 am »
I've got Izaya's Jacket almost done! 8D All I need to do is put in the lining, add the fur trim and sew in a zipper!
All together, I still have to style two wigs, add finishing touches of paint to anything and make a knife! BUT I figure all that should only take a day, so it looks like I have what I'm doing on my day off planned! XD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1630 on: August 26, 2012, 12:03:49 pm »
Question: should I look into getting my legs waxed by a pro, or do an at-home kit?

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1631 on: August 26, 2012, 12:11:01 pm »
would say pro if you want them wax wax becuse you can hurt yourself if done wrong. but you can also do a hair removal lotion or what ever it is that works just as well we did that to my friend last year worked well

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1632 on: August 26, 2012, 12:15:29 pm »
Question: should I look into getting my legs waxed by a pro, or do an at-home kit?
If you're super hairy, go with a pro, otherwise, do it at home!
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1633 on: August 26, 2012, 01:05:17 pm »

ohmygoodness you are adorable
I'll find you at con and ask for a photo~!
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #1634 on: August 26, 2012, 01:28:12 pm »
Finished the collar for Zatanna, which means once my jacket gets here my cosplay will be 100% done!!! I'm so ready for con, I'm glad I decided to stick to only one new cosplay, so I don't have to do the last minute all-nighters to finish stuff. XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1635 on: August 26, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »
[IMG]

ohmygoodness you are adorable
I'll find you at con and ask for a photo~!

eeeek! thank you! I'm gonna have my best friend with me dressed as Mabel and its gonna be awesome XD

Also I got new socks for Dipper today so he's totally done as are all of my other cosplays!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:20:19 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #1636 on: August 26, 2012, 02:59:35 pm »
Riddler is done. Though, actually he isn't XD I'm changing him up a bit to fit into the Dark Knight universe since I'll be with a Joker and Scarecrow from that.

And Ice King is slowly coming together. I'm going to get fake snow stuff to add some details on the tunic, once I actually make it.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1637 on: August 26, 2012, 04:15:02 pm »
would say pro if you want them wax wax becuse you can hurt yourself if done wrong. but you can also do a hair removal lotion or what ever it is that works just as well we did that to my friend last year worked well

If you're super hairy, go with a pro, otherwise, do it at home!

Thanks, guys!  Looks like I'm gonna do some business hunting...

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #1638 on: August 26, 2012, 05:45:49 pm »
Angelica's wings are done!

Now I just need to alter Saki's pink dress and make the Selecao phone.  I'd also like to do a quick iron-on Air King t-shirt.. that shouldn't take much effort.  Really hoping I can get the phone busted out over the next week!  My weekend was kind of busy with Portland to Coast and all... :)

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #1639 on: August 26, 2012, 07:01:34 pm »
Mine are both in the finishing process, hopefully the'll be done by tomorrow if not tuesday :)
We had to completely remake hannah as I have lost 108lbs since last year and the one we took in for sakura con couldn't be taken in anymore due to taking it in for that con lol.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:02:45 pm by shikyo »

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1640 on: August 26, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »
I am currently waiting for the paint to dry on one of the socks for my Miku cosplay.  I also just finished painting the shoes.  I got the last turquoise fabric paint at Walmart (which I wore my wig to buy :) ).  Yay!
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1641 on: August 27, 2012, 01:24:34 pm »
Still coating foam.

That is all.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1642 on: August 27, 2012, 06:06:25 pm »
Tried on my new wig and my Roxy makeup.

I haven't worn this costume in over a year, so it'll be fun to be Roxy again. And I like my new wig a lot more than the old one, even if it is inaccurate!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #1643 on: August 27, 2012, 06:15:18 pm »
Fixed my Ice King crown and will be working on my tunic these next few days~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1644 on: August 27, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »
Angelica's wings are done!

Now I just need to alter Saki's pink dress and make the Selecao phone.  I'd also like to do a quick iron-on Air King t-shirt.. that shouldn't take much effort.  Really hoping I can get the phone busted out over the next week!  My weekend was kind of busy with Portland to Coast and all... :)

That's so cute! I'm really excited that you're cosplaying from EotE. The fact that you're going all out to the point of making a Selecao phone is nerdtastic. Can't wait to see the final product!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1645 on: August 27, 2012, 09:11:57 pm »
Yay!  Miku's shirt is now complete!
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1646 on: August 27, 2012, 09:30:00 pm »
Got my overalls done (by way of my wife  ;D), and also got the harpoon ready for tape and foamcoat. Odd thing, I ended up having to put a few skewers in it because it was bending. Not sure why, but the skewers evened it out pretty nicely.

Wah! Can't believe we're mere days away from Kumoriconapaloozashabbadabbadooda!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #1647 on: August 27, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554601_10151396856349546_1170148821_n.jpg

Yay, my idea for Vaporeon ears will work!  That's the prototype, now I just gotta make the real thing... and figure out someway to do the top fin without head band. :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1648 on: August 27, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554601_10151396856349546_1170148821_n.jpg

Yay, my idea for Vaporeon ears will work!  That's the prototype, now I just gotta make the real thing... and figure out someway to do the top fin without head band. :P

For the top fin, what if you made it just like the one showed in the picture (well, different shape for the top, I mean), and then glued it to a hair clip, and just clipped it in? Seems like that could work.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #1649 on: August 27, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »

For the top fin, what if you made it just like the one showed in the picture (well, different shape for the top, I mean), and then glued it to a hair clip, and just clipped it in? Seems like that could work.

That's what I'm hoping to do, I really hope it works >.<  I need to find some fine sand paper to sand down the back of the fake gems I bought too.  Those are what I put on the front of the earring to hide the wire glued to them.  I need to get the back smoother so I can paint it with nail polish so it will look shiney and be the right color.