Author Topic: Candidate Q&A - 2012 Director of Relations  (Read 61758 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Candidate Q&A - 2012 Director of Relations
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 03:17:15 am »
This does actually bring up a tough subject, which I would like to address to Perky (Debra) and to Koryu (Sarah):
  • Can you tell us about a situation where you felt you were being treated unfairly or unprofessionally, but you were able to turn the situation into a positive? How did you do so?
Wow.  Actually, I can't.  I tried to write it up in such a way that it would not be offensive or demeaning to the other person(s) involved and...it was barely recognizable as a coherent sentence anymore.  What I did was a variation of what I try to do whenever I am in such a situation.  I verify that there is an issue and it not simply a misunderstanding; I contact those who are able to offer me support and let them know of the issue; I make sure that, no matter what, we give the illusion of a united front to those looking at us from the outside; and I swallow my pride and do what is best for the Organization.

Bear in mind that I am not some sort of saint!  I do go to my trusted-not-to-blab friends to vent and I do talk to myself in the privacy of my own home and I second guess myself all the time...but I will always do my best to not air my dirty laundry in public or be a detriment to this (or any other) convention.

Does that answer the question or did I simply talk around it?  (If so, I apologize and will make another stab at it tomorrow or at the Elections meeting.)

Personally I thank you for a very candid and very believable reply.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 07:15:39 am »
^^ It does - in fact, I think it's one of the best answers possible.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »
We normally leave elections Q&A threads available for historic browsing in their entirety in the Elections Archive. However, in this particular thread, there were a few posts that went beyond the level of argumentation we would normally allow on the forum, outside of an elections context. Therefore, in the interests of adhering to our normal forum standards, and not needlessly keeping personal attacks online; and balancing against elections transparency and the value of historic data; we've removed a few of the inflammatory posts as of a week and a half after elections, while leaving the remainder of the thread available. The moderators do possess a copy of the deleted posts. In a post from BlackjackGabbiani on Oct. 6, she withdrew from the Relations race.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact website@kumoricon.org.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:46:11 pm by JeffT »
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor