Author Topic: Final Fantasy 2012  (Read 1044041 times)

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
Re: Final Fantasy 2012
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2012, 12:07:06 pm »
Very excited!! Both my husband and I will definitely be attending as White and Red Mage. :3
Red Mage at heart.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2012, 12:45:15 pm »
My wife, sister and I will be cosplaying as Laguna, Ellone, and Ward (from FFVIII), respectively. We'll be wearing them to both shoots.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:45:28 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2012, 03:13:53 pm »
Man, all these FFVI cosplayers are making me want to dig up my old Celes ballgown.  http://images.cosplay.com/i/costumes/200/25790.jpg  I haven't worn that thing in years...

Are all the VIers going to be at the 2pm shoot on Sunday?

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2012, 03:28:32 pm »
I plan to be at the first one, but I'm not sure about the second.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2012, 08:24:40 pm »
cute  dress <3 yeah im going tuesday DAY 2 xDDDDDD omg i blame work
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:18:10 pm by chelseahavoc »
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2012, 08:31:51 pm »
Tuesday, eh?  :D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ginpatsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58:41 pm »
I'm excited for all these FF6 cosplays. should be pretty epic.
My words exactly, bro.

Man, all these FFVI cosplayers are making me want to dig up my old Celes ballgown.  http://images.cosplay.com/i/costumes/200/25790.jpg  I haven't worn that thing in years...

Are all the VIers going to be at the 2pm shoot on Sunday?
Celes!! And you look beautiful! :D Unfortunately, I won't be at the Sunday shoot. I'll be there Sat as Locke tho.

Tuesday, eh?  :D
This. XD
Kumori '12:
-yukata TYL Hibari - KHReborn!
-Locke Cole - FFVI
-Jade Curtiss - ToA
-Sebastian Michaelis - Kuroshitsuji

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »
My wife, sister and I will be cosplaying as Laguna, Ellone, and Ward (from FFVIII), respectively. We'll be wearing them to both shoots.

I need to get a picture with you guys while in my squall cosplay! Sadly I have been forbidden from shaving my beard for another event so squall is gonna be rocking some facial hair.

Offline Amiable

• Cabbit
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »
Is there going to be a photo shoot? I know everyone hates 13, but I'm cosplaying Vanille and I'm very proud of the work I've done. I beaded the whole thing myself

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22:33 pm »
^ not everyone hates 13.... i love that game. also yes both day1 and day2 cant wait to see your vanille <3

is it possible to post this on the first post so this directional problem can be solved? o.o it will get so lost
kumoicon 2013:

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2012, 11:47:22 pm »
@Amiable
I LOVE FF13!!!! Just thought that needed to be said!

And of course, my plans have changed, AGAIN...

So instead of Fang, I'll be reviving my Yuna cosplay. WHICH I'M SUPER STOKED ABOUT!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2012, 01:53:52 am »
I thought 13 was a damn fine movie. It was just a terrible game...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2012, 03:31:45 am »
I really enjoyed XIII. Up until fighting Orphen, when I wanted to kill myself for a week straight. That game was fun, but took a psychopathic leap in difficulty in the last hour or so of story, and it left me gasping for breath. Still, though, it was fun. Had a nice emotional story to back its hyper-beautific imagery.

Oh, and yes I will post the photo shoot time on the front page.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2012, 03:33:52 am »
Well... good news and bad news on my end -_-

Good news first: I got all the plumbing I needed to get my airbrush working and wow, I can't believe I've gone this long without one. This would have made so many projects in college fun to do and I can't wait to try it with the airbrush makeup I bought.

Bad news: After bending the first piece of PVC into a backbone form for the rib cage my funnel melted... I tried another technique to bend the PVC but it looks pretty bad and I already screwed up one piece that was meant to act as a collar bone. If I do manage to get a makeshift PVC rib cage made up I'll have to just do makeshift wings unfortunately with the short amount of time I have to finish this. We shall see, maybe I'll figure something out. I don't want to cancel but I certainly don't want to come just colored purple with no wings.

I'm going to get some sleep now... maybe my dreams will give me some inspiration and hopefully I can find a metal funnel. If I do manage to get something put together then odds are as Chelsea said, I will be cosplaying Kefka on day 2.

Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? Where do they go? These things... I will distract you with cuteness so I don't have to finish the line.

Oh, and even if I don't finish something good, I'll be happy to come cause havoc and take pictures. Not that I need to dress the part to act like myself. ;)

I would have liked 13 if #1 it didn't play itself #2 There were more exploration and reasons to look at the pretty visuals #3 voice acting... #4 the 360 version was gimped slightly.
For those reasons I didn't get very far into the game (I don't think I got that far anyways)
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2012, 03:42:20 pm »
the end boss of XIII wasn't hard. He just had a percent chance for game over. winning that fight was based on luck or the knowledge beforehand that you would need death resist gear. That's just bad game design.

Offline Ginpatsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »
@GregAtlas: I wish you luck.. and success! And excellent dreams! But you better find a way to make yourself fabulous enough for that damned clown!

I guess I'll be the single one out with saying I can't stand XIII. Although technically I've only watched it being played (for a total of about an hour) and I have to say I don't want any part of it. Hell. I played and liked XII and no one seems to like that game much. Still say VI is the best though. *grin*
Kumori '12:
-Locke Cole - FFVI
-Jade Curtiss - ToA

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »
XIII was fun to watch XD I watched a playthrough of it and XIII-2 on youtube earlier this year. It took a day or two, but it was a great cinematic experience on crappy dorm internet and the plot was good. I don't know how I would've remembered what was going on in some cases. It didn't seem like there were a lot of chances to go off and do your own thing, or grind. :/
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »
You didn't have any chance to wander until maybe the last 15% of the game. A big downside given the trends of the FF series. Still, enjoyable. Didn't "play itself" half as bad as XII, though. I hated XII by the way, for that very reason...and it was boring, and the characters were bland, and...I'll stop there, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »
I really liked XII. but yeah VI is clearly the best.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2012, 06:24:53 pm »
Even though I heard 12's main character was an annoying prick (and Dissidia plays him off as a pedophile) I probably would have liked it if I could have customized the controls more. If I remember right they had it set up so if you press right the camera looks left and vise versa. I never played past the tutorial level pretty much.

Perhaps I'll give it a chance if I ever get the opportunity to play it again, then I can rightfully hate it if it deserves it. :)

Kefka isn't a clown, he's a sorcerer. They only made him look like a clown in dissidia imo.

Managed to find a metal funnel, but even if I get these pipes bent by the end of the day I won't have time for the wings so I'll have to figure something out to make due if I get to that point...
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TreeNostalgia

• Cabbit
    • a tumbling
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2012, 11:27:26 pm »
I'll be around the 'con (not sure if I'll make it to the photoshoot, but it sounds fun!) as a Chocobo gijinka. And I'll be at the ball in the same cosplay. So if you see a short girl in a yellow dress with a bird mask and orange tights and shoes, that would be meeee. I'm always up for pictures and I'll have my camera with me, too. ouo

I look forward to possibly meeting you guys!
Kumoricon '16:
Robin or Morgan (FE:A) as needed!! \ovo/ (Saturday at least ha)
Team Rocket Grunt (just waiting on glue to dry!!)

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:55 am »
Actually, I think in the retranslated (correctly translated) version, they do mention he's a clown. And he looks that way from Amano's original designs! Everyone loves him as a clown, anyway. A sorcerer clown. :3
Red Mage at heart.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:17 am »
Nope, not a clown. Original designs don't make him look that way either imo O.o (oh yeah, and the anthologies version didn't help with the clown image either due to the cutscenes) but one thing is for sure... He/I like clowning around... and scaring little children. ;)

Okay, I just got the harness and bone structure for the wings finished. If I leave for kumoricon the day after tomorrow I should be able to make it passable, but I have already set the 30th as the date to take my neighbor down to Portland so I might not have that time available. >.<

Still need to sand/spray paint the PVC, figure something out for the wing material since I won't be able to set them up the way I want (but luckily I have some left over white material from making Kaito's coat), and cutting/sewing together/hemming the loin cloth... blarg.

The bone structure didn't turn out as nice as I wanted, but it'll get the job done as a harness and wing bone structure.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2012, 03:54:41 am »
I'll be around the 'con (not sure if I'll make it to the photoshoot, but it sounds fun!) as a Chocobo gijinka. And I'll be at the ball in the same cosplay. So if you see a short girl in a yellow dress with a bird mask and orange tights and shoes, that would be meeee. I'm always up for pictures and I'll have my camera with me, too. ouo

Yay, chocobo! I look forward to seeing your cosplay and getting a picture or two. Don't worry... I won't try to ride you though, lol ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:23 am »
o.o; wark
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2012, 07:26:32 am »
at least your makin progress kef-y

i was THIS CLOSE to haveing a spify red dress to wear with terra for the ball..... sigh it didnt fit and i dont have time to make it lace up so didnt buy it ;-;
kumoicon 2013:

Offline TreeNostalgia

• Cabbit
    • a tumbling
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:20 am »

Yay, chocobo! I look forward to seeing your cosplay and getting a picture or two. Don't worry... I won't try to ride you though, lol ^_^

Hahahahahalsdjfljskf good to hear! Pfffhahaha!
Just, uh, don't get your hopes up for an amazing chocobo, though, ahaha. I am all for simplicity in my cosplays since I don't yet have the funds for more complicated ones. ouo;;

And WARK! indeed!
aaaaaaa you guys are delightful. I'm so excited for Kumo this year!
Kumoricon '16:
Robin or Morgan (FE:A) as needed!! \ovo/ (Saturday at least ha)
Team Rocket Grunt (just waiting on glue to dry!!)

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2012, 02:40:16 pm »
choco-dear, i must find you and ask for a ride outta town.... where did i put my greens again.....
kumoicon 2013:

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2012, 03:14:22 am »
at least your makin progress kef-y

i was THIS CLOSE to haveing a spify red dress to wear with terra for the ball..... sigh it didnt fit and i dont have time to make it lace up so didnt buy it ;-;

duct tape :D

choco-dear, i must find you and ask for a ride outta town.... where did i put my greens again.....
I think you left them on the air ship.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2012, 01:52:48 am »
I had to contain the urge to cackle (too loudly). It would have been pretty weird to hear that coming from Kaito XD

hmm... perhaps weird isn't the proper word. XD

Hopefully my knee and ankle will heal enough to not give me issues tomorrow. Day 0 they got tweaked somehow and my knee felt like it was like bone on bone grinding. >.> I believe it is just a stressed tendon though since it is intermittent.

I will try to dampen the insanity... #1 well... if you know kefka you should know what this is #2 different reason from #1 but anyone who knows Kefka should know why it should be damped #3 Save my voice in case I get picked for the slightly anime dating game.

Then again... I can't gaurentee it is even possible to contain it. >:D **cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance all day and I dance all day**
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:57:37 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2012, 04:26:13 am »
Sorry for missing the photo shoot guys. I didn't expect the makeup would take that long -_-
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2012, 07:26:40 am »
it happens :P
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Ginpatsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:23 am »
Sorry I missed both photoshoots. >< I've seen pics of Chelsea's Terra and.. (not-a-clown, yes :P) Kefka and Shadow. Very nice! I found and hung out with my friends who were Sabin and Terra and got a couple of shoots with them. It's great to see more FFVI cossers. ^^
Kumori '12:
-Locke Cole - FFVI
-Jade Curtiss - ToA

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2012, 02:54:18 am »
If you find any pics of my Kefka, I would appreciate links. I have not found many and there were quite a few that were taken.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »
I've got a picture along with several from both Final Fantasy shoots here:
http://paladincecil.deviantart.com/gallery/39732605

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl