Author Topic: Fanfiction Contest Winners?  (Read 10287 times)

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Fanfiction Contest Winners?
« on: September 06, 2005, 10:39:54 am »
Who won fanfiction?

Anyone have links to anything they entered up?  

Because reading is FUN!

As is avoiding studying for a Math quiz, a theatre quiz, and a Bio Anth test.  :wink:
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline mightycrouton

• Sailor Scout
    • http://myspace.com/jolivet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 07:13:52 pm »
I won best Songfic, Horror, NC-17, and Novella for my fic Field of Innocence, a Hellsing fic
You can read the fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1362863/1/

I won best short erotica for my fic Closer, a Hellsing fic
You can read the fic here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2375810/7/

I won honorable mention for my performance of Piggy, yet another Hellsing fic
You can read the fic here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2375810/5/

I honestly don't know who won the other categories =(

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:01:55 pm »
I got Honorable Mention in the Fanfiction Theatre for acting out my Digimon fic Final Gift

And 2nd Place in Best Backstory (which sadly I don't have a copy of since I wrote it up in the e-mail) for a Pokémon fic called Finale

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:49:21 am »
fanfic improv:
story story die! (acting improv) was played by 11 participants. they ended up going several rounds and had a lot of laughs, without focussing on eliminating each other from playing. almea in particular assisted in keeping the ball rolling. thanks, almea!

drabble (on-site written improv) contest winners:
theme: "difficult": shen travis
theme: "consume": kuri-chan

there was a third theme, but i don't know what it was, nor who won it. blackjack, can you fill us in on that? i had left for closing ceremonies shortly after it started.

paladin cecil got a special fanfic improv certificate for having, at bedtime stories, improvised a fic based on audience suggestions.

sassy lassy and brien bliatout got special certificates for improvising the dating sims/ ren'ai panel when the person who initially proposed to host it didn't show up.

fanfic theatre:
honorary mentions went to blackjack gabbiani (as she referenced above) and to alyx jolivet. blackjack was both in cosplay costume and used a specific voice for her character. alyx used two different accents for two different characters for hers.

but the show was definitely stolen by "the all-purpose yaoi naruto fic". easily the funniest thing i've seen in a long time!

the authors were shen travis and matt wirwahn.

the cast were:
naruto: terri shreve.   kakashi:  mary frqank.  gaara:  newt.   shino:  tom hargreaves.  sasuke:  matt wirwahn.  narrator:  shen travis.  iruka:  alex mcconnell.  konohamaru:  mondana madjdi.  kiba:  brittany mcclellan.

manga contest:  first place, chris hicks, "runaways" original. second: shen travis, "three and green," original.  honorable mentions
:  vanessa pidgin, sassy lassy.

bedtime stories:
best overall audience response:  the all-purpose yaoi naruto fic (see above).

best comedy:  "from a skoolgirl" (kestuban; invader zim)

best parody:  "cinderwilla" (kestuban; pokemon)

best dramatic performance: michael, reading dustin's "mother's day" (full metal alchemist)

overarching fanfic contest:

best drama: silicon rose (nicole), "roundabout" (utena). (also best work in progress).

best-developed original character: amanda "michi" lemoncelli--tatsuke in several sailor starlights novella

alyx and blackjack's prizes as they noted

1st place best backstory:  stacy rice (sailorspazz), "in my life" (gravitation manga-based novella)

best comedy:  meet my parents, chi (terry pleger, chobits)

best authenticity/research:  meet my parents, chi (terry pleger, chobits)

best romance: makenai (crystal martin, sailor starlights novella)

best overall newbie:  moon~daisuke (crystal martin) (combination of writing, reading, and volunteering and providing support).

art winners listed in separate thread
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 10:06:02 pm »
The third theme was "leader", and I gave out two prizes, but I can't remember the names of the winners.

Offline ~Moon-Daisuki

• Oni
Here is a link to Makenai
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 12:22:30 am »
Here is a link to Makenai (Best Romance) if anyone is interested in reading it...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2347314/1/

Please review and let me know what you thought....

:)    ~Moon-Daisuki

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 11:35:21 am »
thanks! everyone who can, link your submissions!

meantime, just a note: michael gave an outstanding performance, but acknolwedgement also is due to the author of the fic he read: dustin. he was unable to make it, but people were moved by his "mother's day" FMA fanfic.

great job, all of you!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 08:27:45 pm »
The fics I entered:

This is a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex fanfic:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2121613/1/

And a Naruto fanfiction:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2174672/1/

Yeah, I'm so addicted to that drama angst thing. :P

Offline sailorspazz

• Cabbit
    • http://www.geocities.com/sailorspazz
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 12:36:56 am »
Oh, cool, I didn't know I had won anything until I looked here!

Since I won for best back story for my Gravitation fic, I figured I'd post it up.  You can read it here: http://www.geocities.com/sailorspazz/gravi/backstory.htm

Links to places where the fic can be found are at the bottom of that page.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 03:46:49 am »
all of you are wonderful.

please be forewarned, that sailorspazz's piece is definitely nc-17...which makes me a little wary of it being linked (in terms of liability for the con?)

fyi, what i appreciated about sailorspazz's backstory is that it not only included info regarding the motivations and past history of gravitation manga characters, and the source of the title,  but also (in fact, at the start of each chapter, in rather clever ways, including making disclaimers humorous and worth reading) at times included details regarding what was going on in her own life and the reciprocal relationship between those phenomena and the content and process of writing the story.

my whole gist is about getting folks invested in creative processes and what those mean in their lives, so that was gratifying for me to read.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 06:49:05 pm »
Rem, just as a side note--can we be mailed the backstories we sent in? I plum forgot to save mine, and I'd like especially to have the one to Finale since it won a prize and all...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 07:20:39 pm »
Rem, when you have some free time , can I ask you what you thought about my manga?  I'd like some feedback on it.  Did it seem kinda boring?  Did you like the characters?
Comments and critiques?

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 08:57:21 pm »
bj: i just have to dig it up....sure....are you wanting it to be snail mailed, emailed, posted?
negima: i thought it was cute and clever. i liked that it was only very loosely connected to anything you'd seen in anime, and more inspired by your own life. it felt almost like halfway between a diary and a fantasy from your own life. that made it intriguing and endearing.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 08:58:36 pm »
sorry, that was me.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 10:22:47 pm »
e-mailed is good, since you have at least all mine in e-mail anyway.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 10:34:07 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
all of you are wonderful.

please be forewarned, that sailorspazz's piece is definitely nc-17...which makes me a little wary of it being linked (in terms of liability for the con?)

If need be, and with spazz's permission of course, I could just host the story behind an NC-17 warning page (you know, the kind that you have to read the instructions, and promise that you're over 18 to enter) without any trouble.

I just wouldn't be able to do it until late tonight (class gets out at 8:40pm), or tomorrow.  :P

Actually, if anyone wants, I could just assemble a page of the Kumori Con fanfic winners, so that it's easier to get to, rather than surfing through this thread.  Getting off my lazy ass and doing something would be good for a change.  :o

And, it would be fun to crash my web host again.  I haven't done it in a few months. :lol:

Offline Kuri-chan

• Cabbit
    • http://kizokuro.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 05:38:44 pm »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"
The third theme was "leader", and I gave out two prizes, but I can't remember the names of the winners.

Oh! Oh! It was me and my friend Rose! :D

I don't know her username on these forums, though. -__-
x_x . s m i l e .

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 07:27:18 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
bj: i just have to dig it up....sure....are you wanting it to be snail mailed, emailed, posted?
negima: i thought it was cute and clever. i liked that it was only very loosely connected to anything you'd seen in anime, and more inspired by your own life. it felt almost like halfway between a diary and a fantasy from your own life. that made it intriguing and endearing.

Aww, thank you.  ^_^