Author Topic: Fanfiction Contest Winners  (Read 7986 times)

Offline chibihentaichan

• Cabbit
Fanfiction Contest Winners
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:59:17 pm »
Here are the winners for the Fanfiction Contest for those of you that didn't make it to closing ceremonies!

Drama: Turning of the Earth by Filk Aerith
Action: Synchronicity by Kori Lynn
Humor: Num Num by Ozuchi-Kozuchi
Romance: Talking is a Dangerous Activity by Perky
One-shot: Turning of the Earth by Filk Aerith
Multi-part: Synchronicity by Kori Lynn

And if you didn't see the winner of the Kumoricon Award was...
The Not-Quite-Seduction of Vincent Valentine by Filk Aerith

As we said at the meet-up. You guys were amazing. We got a fantastic turn-out of quality stories this year (and even a suggestion of an epic "Captain Otaku" crossover story.) We will get that feedback you ya'll this week sometime. I just gotta get over this epic case of con funk to go along with an epic con!
~chibihentaichan~
The littlest pervert on the net
proving to everyone everywhere that size doesn't matter

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fanfiction Contest Winners
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:42:43 pm »
I wanted to be there for closing ceremonies but alas, it did not work that way.  I'm really excited I won two categories though!  I'm bummed that even with all my reading, writing, re-writing, re-reading and many beta's; I still ended up with a lot of mistakes.  Oh well. 

Offline Ninja_Photographer

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:25:06 pm »
When will the authors receive their critique?
I'd rather regret doing something stupid, than regret doing nothing at all.

Offline Perky

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 02:08:36 am »
Oo, I forgot to post and say thank you!  Thank you to everyone who read my story and to the judges who thought it worthy of an award :-)

Even this far away from the convention, I am still giddy :-)
2015: Craft Staff, Panelist
2014: Staff Manual Assistant
2012-2013: Assistant Sec, Cosplay Stage Mgr
2011: Assistant Dir of Relations, Assistant Sec, Cosplay  Stage Mgr
2009-2010: Guest Liaison, Cosplay Stage Mgr

Offline XigbarofRainier

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »
I think they had to go to the meetup...I couldn't go to either one and I say Congrats to the winners this year!!!!
I support all Hetalia pairings! And I can't wait for K-con next year!! Fanfic contest time!!

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:34:40 pm »
I think they had to go to the meetup...I couldn't go to either one and I say Congrats to the winners this year!!!!

I went to the meeting.  They said they'd email everyone within the week but they might have forgotten.

Offline XigbarofRainier

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 05:56:21 pm »

I went to the meeting.  They said they'd email everyone within the week but they might have forgotten.
lol probably then.... we aren't special XD
I support all Hetalia pairings! And I can't wait for K-con next year!! Fanfic contest time!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 10:46:49 am »
See if whatever the email alias was that you used to submit your fics, still works?

Just curious, what y'all think might increase participation in the fanfic contest for next year, and what y'all think might increase especially, online voting, if that category is allowed to repeat, next year?

I ran and/or judged fanfic for 8 years here, and really hope to see this contest live long and prosper. That there were so few votes in the online contest made me sadface.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »
I know you what you mean Rem.

I'm working on a fic now for the contest next year but I'm almost thinking it might be a waste of time since this last years went so...bleh.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 04:57:04 pm »
Definitely keep working!
This year, having the online category was an experiment. I think it was a great idea, and I hope it catches the attention of a greater number of people next year.

If nothing else, FilkAeris and I will be back hosting another Fanfic Bedtime Stories, and you can come read (the first 5 minutes of it, at least) there!

I'm working on a fic now for the contest next year but I'm almost thinking it might be a waste of time since this last years went so...bleh.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 07:16:16 pm »
I'll keep working at it. 
I like to write longer fics though and a lot of people didn't read mine last year because they didn't have time and what not; so no one voted for it.  I was kind of bummed since I spent a year and a half on it just for the fic contest. 

If anything, I will check out the Bedtime Story panel.

Definitely keep working!
This year, having the online category was an experiment. I think it was a great idea, and I hope it catches the attention of a greater number of people next year.

If nothing else, FilkAeris and I will be back hosting another Fanfic Bedtime Stories, and you can come read (the first 5 minutes of it, at least) there!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:44 pm »
I'll keep working at it. 
I like to write longer fics though and a lot of people didn't read mine last year because they didn't have time and what not; so no one voted for it.  I was kind of bummed since I spent a year and a half on it just for the fic contest. 

Definitely keep working!

We'd love to have you :D
Perhaps it is something for the judges to consider. Perhaps the audience award should be only for shorter fics, or should pit shorter fics against shorter fics, and longer fics against longer fics, instead of lumping them all together.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 10:22:19 am »
I'll keep working at it. 

Definitely keep working!

We'd love to have you :D
Perhaps it is something for the judges to consider. Perhaps the audience award should be only for shorter fics, or should pit shorter fics against shorter fics, and longer fics against longer fics, instead of lumping them all together.

That could be a good idea. 
I just felt bad for mine and the Hetalia fic because a lot of people said they were too long to read.  The voting and such didn't happen until a few days before con so I understand a lot of readers didn't have time to actually read them.  I know I barely got through them myself.
Either way, I'll try to show up!  I usually don't but it seems I have time to kill every time the Bedtime Stories arise.  This years fic is a fairy tale theme too so it'll be fun XD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 10:24:02 am »
Fairy tales fit the Bedtime Stories theme perfectly :D Yay!

Disclaimer: I say that FilkAeris & I will be back to run the panel; it's certainly our intention, but all panels are at the discretion of the Prog Director to approve.

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 08:27:08 pm »
No one answered this question earlier. Does anyone know when judges will email our critiques? I'm anticipating mine because I want to know what I need to improve on, and I know others want the same.

Offline chibihentaichan

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »
Sorry guys, it's been kind of a rough September. No, strike that, it's been a really rough September. We're working on it, but life isn't making it easy.
~chibihentaichan~
The littlest pervert on the net
proving to everyone everywhere that size doesn't matter

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »
Sorry guys, it's been kind of a rough September. No, strike that, it's been a really rough September. We're working on it, but life isn't making it easy.

Sending loving, soothing energy to you  two!

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 05:03:50 pm »

It's fine, I thought it might be. I think it's been probably been a rough September for everyone. ^^; Take your time! Lots of loves!

Offline Ozuchi-Kozuchi

• Oni
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »
I'm sending you good October vibes. It seems like it'll be a good month.  ;D