Author Topic: After Con Pains  (Read 10876 times)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
After Con Pains
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »
I can't be the only one.

My legs are so sore I cant walk without limping. Not liking the stairs in my house right now.
I partied a bit too hard at the raves I guess XD

The worst part is that I have school tomorrow.

'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Re: After Con Pains
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »
a dip in the hot tub, a couple ibuphropen and a good nights sleep and I am almost back to normal but my calves are SOOOO sore. :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 02:08:41 pm »
Calves hurt for sure, I have lots of blisters on my feet. I'm SO glad I took today off work to rest. :)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:11:20 pm »
Battle wounds and scars from our awesome con experience! :D 

Calves hurt for sure, I have lots of blisters on my feet. I'm SO glad I took today off work to rest. :)

Same here. My poor pinky-toes suffered the most >_<
And so it begins...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:11:31 pm »
I got the normal set of blisters, but something happened to my right foot on Sunday night. Now that I'm walking around the house barefoot it's a bit more deep and pervasive than I thought.

Luckily deep and pervasive is the way I like it.  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 02:12:45 pm »
My calves are DEAD.  Toes are better now.  Back of my heels got messed up pretty good from the raves.  Nose was SUPER dry this morning.  My lips actually were quite chapped the past couple of days. :(

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »
The bottoms of my feet are completely numb and my legs feel like poseable noodles that look funny when I walk, but the pain is so worth it. I had a great time~
Beep bep

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 02:16:19 pm »
My feet are fine my  voice sounds like I am going through puberty again from the yelling and my lips are so dry that I can't feel them so I put chapstick down on them

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »
I'm completely fine, except for this hole in the back of my foot that I think is a popped blister from my horrible shoes on day one. I still can't walk around with shoes on without it hurting.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:23:03 pm »
a dip in the hot tub, a couple ibuphropen and a good nights sleep and I am almost back to normal but my calves are SOOOO sore. :)
Thats a good idea. I was thinking about going hot tubbin today too.

Today I'm planning on taking it easy. Watchin some TV. Eating mac and cheese. Readin some Homestuck. and get all rest up for school tomorrow C:
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:25:48 pm »
I was very lucky on 2 accounts while being 35 weeks pregnant this con.  1 the Hilton provided me with a wheel chair to use during my stay, and 2 my husband and brother did not mind wheelin me about.  I used it a bit more then I thought but husbandman and brother were encouraging me to because basically if I had walked to the red lion in the sun, I would have been done for the day.  By using it to get over, I had the energy to walk around dealers room once there and just stash the chair at the door.  Same thing when in main events I could run about the room help with seating and what not, then after event be wheeled out, it let me chose where I spent my energy-does that make sense?  Tho by Monday I was on empty,
It also easier to take it down once, instead of returning it to room and filling up the elevator.

Red lion parking lot needs repaving, and I almost get spilled once, few bruises, and some lower belly pain, other then that just normal pregnancy tiredness, really its hard to tell whats from con tiredness when this has been my energy levels lately,
"boy that sleep was exhausting, now that I have had breakfast I need a nap...."
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 02:26:18 pm »
I'm still blistered all over from wearing heels for half the con, and my voice is still sore from all those loud karaoke songs I performed.

Absolutely worth it.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 02:51:29 pm »
My back really hurts, but I have to say the thing that hurts the worse of all is my head. XD I STILL have a line from my wig cap right along my hair line. x.x I'm PRETTY sure it was too tight; aka, cutting off the circulation in my head. XDDD

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 02:55:33 pm »
Haven't had rug burn in i don't know how long, but low and behold:
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:00:07 pm »
all i had are shoulder pains for carrying my 6 feet cannon all day+ my bag-- but it wasnt that bad...
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline JRock

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »
My feet are so sore, I couldn't walk this morning without support XD Sore throat from yelling/cheering/singing at the big events, and I still have a line from my wig cap, too.

But it was so worth it, for sure :D
KUMORICON 2k14
Thu - not going
Fri - Bro (Homestuck) if im not working
Sat - Asahi (Haikyuu!!)
Sun - GT!Karkat (Homestuck)
Mon - Eren (SNK)
Dances - Rin (Free!)

Offline TheWillRogers

• Cabbit
    • The Blog of The Will Rogers
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 04:26:31 pm »
biggest pain is going back to actuall life where i have to make money. although there is the retreat where i get to work on my projects for next Con(and PAX)

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »
Post con fatigue is the best, right? I slept for almost 16 hours after I got home yesterday, and I've spent all afternoon attempting to wake up and ignore my sore legs/droopy eyes/EVERYTHING. x_x

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »
well caught the cold from one of my room mates

and if any one happened to recognize me as the peach with the shorter dress on day 0 and 1, then stars yoko on day 2, both costumes with those killer red heels?

Yeaaaah feeling the after affects of those finally. Walking is now a no no.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »
My neck is sore from the swimsuit top. Also I kept getting poked by a pin on my thigh so that hurts =/

Offline Hacchan

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »
I was JUST thinking about this before I saw this topic.
My throat is DEEEEESTROOOOYED from all the screaming and karaoke'ing :'D
And my body...oh my god, the aches.

It hurts so good.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »
I was working days before and even earlier on day 1 and 2 of con.  Hard for me to say which pain from from what.  The only difference from con was I got to sit down and move around compared to standing still for long periods of time.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:05:25 pm »
And I was going to go the the gym today.... >.> I think I'll wait to Thursday....

Feet, calves and back.... DEAD. At least they're not pulsing anymore like they did during the con.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »
I rolled my ankle while coming off the stage during the cosplay contest. That made tear-down on Monday a real hoot.
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm »
For the first time in years, I managed to kill neither my voice nor any part of my body - even the mild lower back pain from too much shaking and rolling at the Saturday night rave went away by lunch on Sunday.

But.

I didn't get any homework done, and now I'm scrambling to BS my way through today's (graduate-level) classes and finish my work for tomorrow.  Does that count as a pain?   :-\

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 05:36:53 pm »
Depression );

Lol no, but seriously, I was totally bummed out when I had to get up at 6:30 in the morning, go to school, and be surrounded by the last people in the world that I wanted to see.
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 05:40:01 pm »
My feet hurt really bad from the shoes I wore yesterday, and I have a rash/ bruise in both my shoulders from the double sided sticky tape I used to hold up Beatrice's top.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 05:43:04 pm »
I had to skip school today since I caught the Con Plague o A o

oslapedo

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »
My throat is really sore from WOOOOOOing so much but that's all.

Offline Choucho

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 05:48:47 pm »
I'm in massive amounts of pain as well. XD;
The ENTIRE con, I walked around in about 5 lb shoes with huge heels, then decided it would be a good idea to rave in them for 3+ hours as well.... OTL
Needless to say, I cannot walk today. hahaha!

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 05:50:51 pm »
My feet, my stomach muscles are hurting really bad too xD

Offline Ayame

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:23 pm »
I think the most painful thing for me was having to deal with the pain from wearing my boots. I walked around too much during the first and second day, and it made my feet so sore. The heat didn't help as much, either.
I'm thinking about attending Kumoricon 2016! :D

2009: Attendee
2011: Attendee
2015: Chibi Room Staff

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 06:29:04 pm »
I had to skip school today since I caught the Con Plague o A o

(≧ロ≦)

That must've been what I had, except I wasn't able to skip! I seriously couldn't pay attention to anything the teachers said, let alone do calculus (>_<)
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 06:42:22 pm »
For the first time in years, I managed to kill neither my voice nor any part of my body - even the mild lower back pain from too much shaking and rolling at the Saturday night rave went away by lunch on Sunday.

But.

I didn't get any homework done, and now I'm scrambling to BS my way through today's (graduate-level) classes and finish my work for tomorrow.  Does that count as a pain?   :-\
As someone who experienced Grad School, yes, yes that is pain.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 09:12:00 pm »
biggest pain is going back to actuall life where i have to make money. although there is the retreat where i get to work on my projects for next Con(and PAX)

Similar to that-- the biggest pain for me was getting back to the normal world where there is not much color comparing to the con life...
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 09:18:29 pm »
Can't feel the balls of my feet or the second and third toes on either foot. My hips both hurt, my lower back is on fire, at one point I felt like my ribs were broken and you would not believe the headache I had most of yesterday.

I had a pretty decent con.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 09:36:19 pm »
Blisters that cover the balls of my feet as well as the back of both heels. Also, lots of acne because of the make-up I wore everyday from 7 am until 2 am. My calves are surprisingly not sore, though...
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 10:00:51 pm »
Just as many suspected, I hurt after wearing my Liger Zero Jager suit xD

I cannot sit down when wearing him, and the boots are HIGHLY uncomfortable. So my feet have been swollen, and still hurt. And cause of the way I have to walk in them, the backs of my legs hurt. And of course cause of the booster backpack, my back is killing me.

BUT--all worth it.
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:59 pm »
Only the front of my ankles hurt if I move them in certain directions and its from the shoes I wore being snug on me and having heels so it made my feet walk differently. You notice when you use muscles you never use usually xD My knees hurt a tad but not surprised when I was put onto a love seat that was about 5" too short for me.

I just took a nice long shower and hated standing in it x.x So I sat and ran the hot water over my ankles for about 30 min to help any swelling that might be going on.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 10:40:04 pm »
The usual blisters, sore legs/feet...
My back really hurts from binding so much though. I was all crossplay, and forgot how tight I had to bind for Kazuma. Along with the drive back and forth from the hotel and the 5 hour drive back home, I'm seriously unsure how to unkink my back and shoulders. Oww..

I'm also really pained that I didn't get to do as much as I planned, and I think I missed a photoshoot for someone. x_x But they didn't text me so I'm hoping they may have spaced it too..... n.n; Considering I barely went to any events besides photoshoots/gatherings and non official things, I was so busy. How. xD Alright, going to go shower and attempt to save my spine..
2012 cosplays:

0% done // 5% done // 0% done

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 10:50:01 pm »
I did some hard labor Thurs and Fri and my legs were covered in bruises and I was so sore.  Then I got to go to the con and walk around all day with shoulder pads that killed me and a holster that made my lower back hurt.  I'm mostly over it now, but my back still hurts from the shoulders.

Offline Yatta Dante

• Cabbit
    • Yatta Dante MySpace
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
The only pain I had during con started from the beginning.  During Opening Ceremonies where the other Anime Hunters and I were going down the middle aisle, I was crawling as Ellis.  Well, my right elbow ended up dragging across the carpet and boy did that suck.  A tiny burn, but oh man, did it burn.  Still kinda don't want to take the band-aid off.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:17:58 pm by Yatta Dante »
~Dane/Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Mog

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 11:20:20 pm »
My neck is in incredible pain because someone decided it would be funny to play What is Love at the closing ceremonies (I love you, DJ) My back from the glomp circles and many hugs <3 And legs from running around the convention constantly.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 11:22:02 pm »
The biggest pain i had was waking up alone this morning alone. My boyfriend stayed the weekend for the con and i loved waking up to someone other than my fish lol Other than that,  i went to con with a horrible (and gross) ingrown toenail. I now can no longer walk. Going to the doctors tomorrow to have my entire toenail removed. But the con was worth it. Also, my lower back has been on fire since lastnight. Went to bed at 6pm and woke up at like 11am today. But once again, it was all worth it.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »
I had a few pains after Kumoricon.

Since I wore high-heeled shoes that were pretty high and bulky, walking in general was pretty hard. Got blisters and the arches of my feet are weird.
But one pain that still hurts the most is from me twisting my ankle while wearing said heels going down the stairs. Luckily, I was by the railing so I caught my fall before I could get anymore damage done to me. My ankle is fine, no swelling or anything. Just sore. ^_^''

Offline benjamin.riker@oit.edu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 11:13:46 am »
Zee con always wages war with my skin and this year my forehead was the battle ground no sunburns but just pesky breakouts >.>
yes. i do know the squareroot of pie by heart... and pie minus the squareroot of pie...
yojimbo

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 11:35:17 am »
My calves are still a bit stiff and sore.  I'm contemplating whether or not I want to play basketball tonight. XD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:26 am »
My legs and back hurt xD And it feels weird when I talk.
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 12:14:06 pm »
Bananas and pain killers :) works wonders on sore muscles.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline IchigoBunny

• Sailor Scout
    • Ichigobunny's deviant art
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 03:26:39 pm »
Here is my list of pains.
-I have blisters on both my pinkie toes
- my shoulders hurt from carrying that huge gun
- my legs hurt from the shoes i was wearing