Author Topic: Kumoricon Fashion Show...aftermath  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Kumoricon Fashion Show...aftermath
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »
So, what did you think of the fashion show?
According to the Yojimbo managing the line, we had nearly TWICE the number of people in line to participate compared to the number of people who crossed the stage. I was glad that it was scheduled after Cosplay Chess so that people wouldn't have to choose between the two. Sadly, several photoshoots were scheduled at 3, so many cosplayers decided to skip the fashion show so they could make it to the photoshoot. Oh well - at least we had enough participants to have the fashion show last a good half-hour.

At the last moment, because I realized I was way too tired to try to decipher everyone's handwriting, I decided to toss out the idea of having people write their introductions and instead just asked them to state their name & fashion style / character name (depending upon whether they were cosplaying or wearing steampunk/Lolita/other fashion).

What were your thoughts on the fashion show? Shall we do it again next year? What can we do to make it better?

I know one thing to fix next year: if someone is wearing a mask, I'll repeat what that person said because microphones can't pick up sound coming from behind a mask.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: Kumoricon Fashion Show...aftermath
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »
Oh, did anyone take photos during the fashion show? I haven't seen any posted.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:14:59 pm »
Sadly, I was dead after chess so I didn't go.

I'd love to have it again. Especially since I wont be able to do the cosplay contest next year because of non-japanese stuff...

And it seems like you should have people email you their intros or actually print them out. And just say if you don't have that, you'll have to introduce yourself.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:37:16 pm »
I found the fashion show very fun and I hope to see it next year~

I was pretty nervous to walk on and stuff, but it did give me a taste of what a cosplay contest would be like if I were to enter in the future and to see how it'd be like on stage, posing, etc.

Offline kaylacheriw

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:38:07 am »
It was great because if you have a great costume, but don't want to deal with the pressure of a contest, you could still show it off in an official setting.
How it was done this year seems to be the way to go. This way, no one will have to keep track of emails or anything.
If you really wanted to have something official so the cosplayer didn't have to say all their stuff you could have a person back stage with good handwriting write something out before each person goes on. Then said writer would give it to the cosplayer, who in turn would give it to the announcer as they walked on. That way, there's no mix ups and you say the wrong name and it's simple.

Just an idea.

Offline ~LindsaySutcliff~

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »
I loved being in the fashion show, I was the Grell at the begining with the will and the ronald.
Another year come and gone ~
See ya'll next year, 4 days!
Be sure to look for me:
Roy Mustang
Soul eater Evans
Winry Rockbell
Death the Kid

Offline ironavenger

• Sailor Scout
    • Assembled Impersonations
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »
I had a great time at the show!

Offline govi

• Sailor Scout
    • Overwrought Designs
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 07:20:42 pm »
I had a lot of fun (I was the Iroh cosplayer), and it was nice to have something for non-anime cosplayers.
Kumoricon 2011: Young Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender)