Author Topic: Kumoricon 2011: Bad/Creepy/Downright Weird Moments  (Read 102483 times)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon 2011: Bad/Creepy/Weird Moments
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:49 pm »
Thank you for posting Locke. This weekend has actually just been one thing on top of another for me. You were just another straw that broke the camel's back. As a general rule, Photobombing is not ok, especially when a photoshoot was specifically set up for a certain reason. Yes there was group photos, but when Photographers ask for a specific character, they dislike having their images messed with. As that lady indeed made a statement of, when you wouldn't move. For the future, just ask. It's as simple as that. As for the stalking, it really did seem like it, but of course I happened to have become quite paranoid during that convention because of actually being followed by some creepy guy in the park. It kind of ruined my thoughts for a lot of people, and made me very hesitant around a lot of people.

That doesn't excuse what I said.

As for the Lust thing, yeah, back in the doubletree Kumo, you said the same thing. While I was waiting in line to get into something. I can generally take jokes, but when something is repeated more then once, and it isn't a joke that I've previously said was ok, it tends to agitate me. Course, take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just making my feelings known, as that is what this thread is for.

To be completely honest, your best bet in the future is to just ask photographers if something is ok. As well as ask the others in the picture, if it's ok. I work as a model, and I know that when a photographer has someone suddenly leap into their image, it tends to make them angry - more then it makes them happy. You'll get a few that are ok with it, but more oft to naught, it's just annoying.

I do apologize if I upset you, but you did upset me. Perhaps sitting down and actually having a talk, would be the more adult thing to do in the future. Instead of the route I took.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 12:58:21 am »
This year was actually my boyfriend and I's best con in quite a few years actually. But sadly i too have things to report about con. Mostly just simple creepy things and one big thing that.. I guess didnt ruin the con but was a serious downer.

First i have to rant about the downer, sorry. I didn't know where else to put it... Alright this happened on the night of day 1, around the time for the rave, we were down by the discovery ballroom area. Just looking around at all the stuff goin on down there at night time, and since it was my cousins first convention ever I was taking pictures of pretty much everything for her. So as im taking a picture of the almost empty hall way, this girl who looked like she was sleeping at first. Looked up and stared at me while i was talking my picture. (Which by the way, at the angle it was at she wasn't in the shot at all.) I put my camera down while i was looking around and noticed she was still staring at me with a very. . .angry look. So hoping she would finally look away, i hid behind the wall. When i looked back she was still staring at us. So being the young innocent first time con goer my cousin was she smiled and waved nicely at her, and instead of anything nice in return the girl blatantly rolled her eyes and flipped her off. My cousin tried to laugh it off and smile back at her but the girl just flipped her off again and and started yelling something at her she couldn't hear.
My cousin (her name is ashley by the way) walked over to hopefully clam this chick down but it did no use, she kept saying how she didnt want any pictures of her and she doesnt think she looks good, and that she had a really bad day and just wanted everyone to leave her alone. Ashley tryed to tell her that she actually looked really nice even though she wasn't in the picture and that should probably go to her room for somewhere quiet to sleep but the chick just yelled back at ashley to just shut up and stop lying and told her to not be so f**king stupid. . . That's where my boyfriend and I stepped in and the chick just glared at us, flipping us off and laying back down.
(which she insited on laying down there even when a line was ment to be right where she was. -_-;; )
She kinda... Made it hard to enjoy the rave since we were so peeved.
///endrant.. sorry

Umm the creepy/bothersome parts were the black van with the ice-cream truck music, a volunteer (i think) staff member (i dont think its right to name here) not leaving my cousin alone and insiting on talking non stop/following us around whenever he saw my cousin, while insulting me and my boyfriend at the same time.. while hitting on my cousin.. then trying to pull her closer by her hips to dance with him in the rave , and insisting the she needed to take pictures with him while he was shirtless. . . . wth??
Also a drunk smelling non-con going-guy asking if he could slip his hand under my skirt when i was pikachu. My boyfriend getting asked if he gets a lot of p**sy by another late night-non-con goer that was lingering by the park around 11, which i found very inappropriate and crude.. and not something you bring up to someone randomly that you dont know. . Oh and the youtube guys bothered me too.

OH!! One more thing that bothered me is a certain yugioh cosplayer trying to take sexual/kissy/ect poses with people they don't even know. I've had issues with them in the past trying to kiss me, and take sexual pictures with my boyfriend at kumoricons past. But now they were trying to take 'buttsex' pictures with my cousin and kissy pictures with a close friend of mine who has had a girlfriend for about 4 years or more now. Neither of which were enjoying this but didnt want to start a seen at con. That cosplayer (who i wont mention the character out loud) needs to hopefully learn personal space, and also learn that when I say i don't want to take a card full of pictures of there group and random pictures of them touching people in my group.. to please leave me and my friends alone! Thank you... ^^

Other then those, the con was pretty awesome this year. Hopefully we can have it there next year too? I really liked it this year ^^ (plus the crossplay 101 panel was awesome ^^)

REALLY Sorry the post is so big!!! >.< *made of fail*

The girl outside the ave you should have reported, that is called harassment and is a crime in washington, no excuse for her behavior. The Ice Cream truck driver is actually a customer of my dad who is a major Wholesale Ice Cream distributor int he area. i've known him for years and he has always been a very nce very NOT unsafe driver. He was prolly just a little excited by the cosplay and the faxct that he mad ea KILLING at con this year.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2011, 01:01:10 am »
I think they're talking about two different vehicles there. There was the brown car that was legit selling ice cream, but the one they're describing is a black van playing ice cream music and no one has mentioned being able to buy ice cream from it (I didn't see it so I'm going by descriptions).

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2011, 01:10:46 am »
OOOOOOHHHH okay the vehicle I am in reference to was A small black vehicle driven by a Sikh fellow. Hius truck was kind of square.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2011, 01:41:04 am »
OOOOOOHHHH okay the vehicle I am in reference to was A small black vehicle driven by a Sikh fellow. Hius truck was kind of square.

Yes, it was a Scion. Or the 'PedoScion" as my friend named it.

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2011, 01:48:43 am »
He's a nice respectable guy. There's really no serious reason to call him a pedo. The only reason i'm being so defensive is that it is pretty rude and unfair to label Ice Cream Truck drivers as "Pedos" just becasue of their occupation. I'll have you know that in the past fifteen years ONE person has been involved in ANY kind of inappropriate sexual activity behind the wheel of an ice cream truck and they have spent the rest of the time since then chilling their bones in a jail cell. You should count your blessings that the ice cream truck driver that did come was the one you got.

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 02:06:10 am »
I was watching my friend play "Glomp" well I think it's called that at the park.  A drunk homeless guy walked into the circle and started cheering along with everyone else.  I just watched him because I was not going to confront him hoping he would just pass by.  He stayed and started to get closer to the people playing.  So I told my other friend to watch him while I went to tell hotel staff.  I got back to the park and noticed he was gone.  Then a woman came up to my asking if I was part of the staff.  I was volunteering for my friend who was on staff.  She told me that she saw him trying to touch the girls which upset me.  So as I turn back to check on whats going on with hotel security.  I see my friend and the homeless guy is staring at her as she was belly dancing for some drummers I think.  I saw my other friend and told him to watch the hobo and make sure he does not do anything.  So I go back to the hotel and they tell me their security guard is off checking on something else.  He will be there when he is free.  Well later on the cops came and I believe arrested the homeless drunk when he crossed the street.  

Like I said it was upsetting to have that woman probably someones mother tell me that guy was trying to touch the young girls.  I know the staff and Hilton staff can not do anything unfortunately.  Hopefully the police will be there to have a consistent presence of some kind next year.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:08:00 am by Naitron »

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 02:08:04 am »
He's a nice respectable guy. There's really no serious reason to call him a pedo. The only reason i'm being so defensive is that it is pretty rude and unfair to label Ice Cream Truck drivers as "Pedos" just becasue of their occupation. I'll have you know that in the past fifteen years ONE person has been involved in ANY kind of inappropriate sexual activity behind the wheel of an ice cream truck and they have spent the rest of the time since then chilling their bones in a jail cell. You should count your blessings that the ice cream truck driver that did come was the one you got.

It's a joke. A bloody joke..about the car not the person.
I'm sure he was a nice respectable person. I've known many Sihx and they are generally kind and friendly people.

I don't care why your being sensitive. I get crap for being too serious, and then I get crap for references a joke-that I did not even make.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 02:25:15 am »
Wait I'm confused. Are you all talking about the ice cream car that was parked by the Red Lion parking lot? Because that doesn't at all match the description of a "black van", being a brown car and all.

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 04:54:26 am »

It's a joke. A bloody joke..about the car not the person.
I'm sure he was a nice respectable person. I've known many Sihx and they are generally kind and friendly people.

I don't care why your being sensitive. I get crap for being too serious, and then I get crap for references a joke-that I did not even make.

I'm not giving you crap, i'm giving your friend crap for making the most inappropriate career threatening joke he could make. i'd have the same reaction if he made that kind of joke about a teacher. Peoples jobs and livelihoods depend on their ability to e trusted near others peoples children, and when there is serious discussion about REAL threats to the safety of con attendees, this is not the place to make "Pedo-Van" jokes. that would be like if you worked fast food and i came in and said you liked to give free food away(I'm being a little liberal about the severity) I'm sure you'd love to get fired over my stupidity, how about arrested chum?

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 07:19:16 am »
(words)
(more words)

Please stop speculating about what each other is really thinking or would do. It almost never ends well.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:21:50 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28:14 am »
I was in the park on Day 2 talking to my Canadian friend and the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers just chillin'. A couple of them liked my B.Jenet costume and took a picture and this other guy also popped up that had already taken my picture 4 times to take another (Kinda weird but WHATEVER). While this was happening I heard someone go "Wow...she's so sexy....she's so beautiful" being repeated over and over while I was standing there.

I turned around to see an older lady behind me. I politely thanked her for the nice comments and went back to talking with the people. The lady then came up behind me again and started poking my bare back and repeating what she had said before so I backed up a bit and turned around to look at her. She then tells me "You are so beautiful....you know who else is beautiful....my daughter...I want to see her alive...I need a beautiful woman to go with me so she will come back." Now, I'm all for being sympathetic to crazy people but that was a little weird. She kept doing this for about 5 minutes, telling me her dead daughter she won't rise from the dead unless I come with her. Then she started caressing my arm and asking me to have a BBQ with her, that was a bit too much for me so I pretty much booked it after that.

And that's the story of my crazy old lady creeper at 2011.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline JRock

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 08:31:01 am »
Please don't name names/costumes or continue arguments on this thread! We don't want to start fights and other members don't really appreciate reading them. Send private messages to each other, if you must, but try to be fair and play nice! :)

I was in the park on Day 2 talking to my Canadian friend and the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers just chillin'. A couple of them liked my B.Jenet costume and took a picture and this other guy also popped up that had already taken my picture 4 times to take another (Kinda weird but WHATEVER). While this was happening I heard someone go "Wow...she's so sexy....she's so beautiful" being repeated over and over while I was standing there.

I turned around to see an older lady behind me. I politely thanked her for the nice comments and went back to talking with the people. The lady then came up behind me again and started poking my bare back and repeating what she had said before so I backed up a bit and turned around to look at her. She then tells me "You are so beautiful....you know who else is beautiful....my daughter...I want to see her alive...I need a beautiful woman to go with me so she will come back." Now, I'm all for being sympathetic to crazy people but that was a little weird. She kept doing this for about 5 minutes, telling me her dead daughter she won't rise from the dead unless I come with her. Then she started caressing my arm and asking me to have a BBQ with her, that was a bit too much for me so I pretty much booked it after that.

And that's the story of my crazy old lady creeper at 2011.

...That scared me. I'm pretty sure she wanted to sacrifice/eat you .___.;;;
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:35:45 am by JRock »
KUMORICON 2k14
Thu - not going
Fri - Bro (Homestuck) if im not working
Sat - Asahi (Haikyuu!!)
Sun - GT!Karkat (Homestuck)
Mon - Eren (SNK)
Dances - Rin (Free!)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Re: Kumoricon 2011: Bad/Creepy/Downright Weird Moments
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 12:14:09 pm »
This is not meant to excuse trying to hurt others' feelings... but actually, while continuing arguments or escalating melodrama isn't kosher, it's okay to give constructive criticism that lets someone know who they are.

There's nothing inherently wrong with trying to let someone know they bothered you if it's done without malice, and doesn't speculate about motive. It might be doing them a favor if they didn't realize how they came across.

• "Someone wearing a Ekuryua costume kept telling me how sexy I look even after I turned my back and started obviously ignoring her. It creeped me the heck out." Cool.
  • "That (bleep bleep) in the Ekuryua costume must be a pedo.": Not cool.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:28:48 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »
Also kinda wished I stayed in the Red Lion this year at least then maybe I'd have a better chance of sleeping at 2:30AM on Sunday night since I was on the 3rd Floor of the Hilton and could still easily hear the rave.

word

it wasn't the whole 3rd floor, because I went to a friends room that was near programing suite.  I wonder did anyone on the 4th up hear the dance music?

Yeah, were heard it, and started dancing. xD
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline Best_Name_Ever

• Cabbit
    • Facebook Account 8D
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 04:57:22 pm »
The only creepy thing that happened to me was on day 3,a friend of a cosplayer I met said there was a strange older man in a long black jacket and black hat in the park across from the Hilton asking her strange questions,trying to touch her,and being some what sexual towards her,I was scared for her but soon after we left the park to get something to eat.Awhile later after she had left,I saw a man similar to what she had described but It didn't occur to me at the time that it was the same man,so he started a conversation with me nothing really weird at the time but then he started to get a bit personal,asking where I lived,what my age was,and what my real hair color was(I was wearing a wig at the time)and I just found it kind of creepy how he was so straight forward with me.I ignored him and he left after awhile but then where ever I went I would happen to see him as if he was following me o_o so ya that would probably be the weirdest moment I had at the convention.....or really any convention I've gone to

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 01:08:16 pm »
This year was actually my boyfriend and I's best con in quite a few years actually. But sadly i too have things to report about con. Mostly just simple creepy things and one big thing that.. I guess didnt ruin the con but was a serious downer.

First i have to rant about the downer, sorry. I didn't know where else to put it... Alright this happened on the night of day 1, around the time for the rave, we were down by the discovery ballroom area. Just looking around at all the stuff goin on down there at night time, and since it was my cousins first convention ever I was taking pictures of pretty much everything for her. So as im taking a picture of the almost empty hall way, this girl who looked like she was sleeping at first. Looked up and stared at me while i was talking my picture. (Which by the way, at the angle it was at she wasn't in the shot at all.) I put my camera down while i was looking around and noticed she was still staring at me with a very. . .angry look. So hoping she would finally look away, i hid behind the wall. When i looked back she was still staring at us. So being the young innocent first time con goer my cousin was she smiled and waved nicely at her, and instead of anything nice in return the girl blatantly rolled her eyes and flipped her off. My cousin tried to laugh it off and smile back at her but the girl just flipped her off again and and started yelling something at her she couldn't hear.
My cousin (her name is ashley by the way) walked over to hopefully clam this chick down but it did no use, she kept saying how she didnt want any pictures of her and she doesnt think she looks good, and that she had a really bad day and just wanted everyone to leave her alone. Ashley tryed to tell her that she actually looked really nice even though she wasn't in the picture and that should probably go to her room for somewhere quiet to sleep but the chick just yelled back at ashley to just shut up and stop lying and told her to not be so f**king stupid. . . That's where my boyfriend and I stepped in and the chick just glared at us, flipping us off and laying back down.
(which she insited on laying down there even when a line was ment to be right where she was. -_-;; )
She kinda... Made it hard to enjoy the rave since we were so peeved.
///endrant.. sorry

REALLY Sorry the post is so big!!! >.< *made of fail*

The girl outside the ave you should have reported, that is called harassment and is a crime in washington, no excuse for her behavior.

I didn't know that qualified..plus i've never actually reported anyone.. so i don't really know how..>.>;;; May i ask for future reference? since its to late to do anything about her now... and is it basically the same way for other cons (like sakuracon) too?
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2011, 03:07:54 am »
The sword guy approves of your anger. He tried to yank the freaking sword out of reno's hands, that could of seriously injured someone, or worst case, killed someone, gotten me landed in jail for being the owner(im liable because of ownership no matter what) and screwed the entire con over! He was very immature and needs to learn to wait his turn and not go around doing **** like that. -_- And OP I still has your pic if you are who i think you are! =D

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2011, 03:11:39 am »
And then i noticed your post person who did all this! Look, i could of gotten in a lot of trouble for everything you did, it was only allowed out for simple posing, and that stunt got me a talking to from several staff members about safety. Iam mad, but i can move on knowing you are sorry, and i do accept your appology. ^_^

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2011, 03:50:48 am »
Oh, and some drunk guy shoved his way into the rave first night and stole a ton of stuff, ran out, and tried to claim the tinkerbell purse and all the lady's products, and convention stuff he took was his, and he got arrested for it, i was one of the people that helped get all of the stuff brought back to their owners, and im sorry, but i have to say, more burly yojimbo's are needed. XD Not complaining, but im just saying, it was kind of bad. XD Hopefully all of the stuff that went missing and wasn't found did get picked up and returned. ^_^

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2011, 10:58:38 am »
Another moment to add when I was at Kumoricon:

First off, I am a minor. I had a yellow badge so any creepers creeping on me saw the color they would back off.

I was walking to the park, and I was cosplaying as Yuna from FFX. Now, her top seems revealing, which I didn't mind that much. But, I started to feel un-comfortable when I saw this pedo-bear cosplayer. He just had the head, had a eyepiece (forgot what it was called, wanna say monocal or something.), and a top hat carrying a hug sign. Well I walked passed him and he looked at me, reached his arms out and wanted a hug. I looked at him and saw no badge of any kind on him, and just shook my head. He began getting closer and I just began running. I was indeed by myself so it was slightly scarier. But I managed to get back to the hotel safely.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon 2011: Bad/Creepy Moments
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »
I can't really say that I had a creepy moment of my own, only what others have experienced...  (I think that many of the non-attendees that were harassing some would have been terrified of me ;D).  In terms of bad, perhaps the worst thing that happened to me was that I broke my radio during my cosplay skit.  Oh well, that thing was a piece of junk, anyways. ;D

The least you guys and do is SHAVE.

I can only assume that this doesn't include me, since I shaved my legs and arms for my crossplay.  Speaking as a male, though, some do it because they don't know how, or want to keep their masculinity (but then why crossplay...?)  I think some also do it because they know it'll make them stand out.  I can't say for sure with that last one, since I've always shaved whenever I crossplayed, and I still stand out well.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 07:35:12 pm »
Oh, and some drunk guy shoved his way into the rave first night and stole a ton of stuff, ran out, and tried to claim the tinkerbell purse and all the lady's products, and convention stuff he took was his, and he got arrested for it, i was one of the people that helped get all of the stuff brought back to their owners, and im sorry, but i have to say, more burly yojimbo's are needed. XD Not complaining, but im just saying, it was kind of bad. XD Hopefully all of the stuff that went missing and wasn't found did get picked up and returned. ^_^

*grins* We do need more bury yoji

know anywhere we can get them?

*hears crickets chirping loudly*
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »
I didn't know that qualified..plus i've never actually reported anyone.. so i don't really know how..>.>;;; May i ask for future reference? since its to late to do anything about her now... and is it basically the same way for other cons (like sakuracon) too?

If it's at a con, get a staff member, preferably Yojimbo.  (I'm sure they call it different things at different cons).  You can also go to a hotel staffer if it occurs at the hotel in question.

monocal or something.

Very close.  Monocle.  And that individual was kicked out of the con, from what I understand, because of what they were cosplaying as.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 08:38:09 pm »
The least you guys and do is SHAVE.

I can only assume that this doesn't include me, since I shaved my legs and arms for my crossplay.  Speaking as a male, though, some do it because they don't know how, or want to keep their masculinity (but then why crossplay...?)  I think some also do it because they know it'll make them stand out.  I can't say for sure with that last one, since I've always shaved whenever I crossplayed, and I still stand out well.

Heh heh heh.  I shaved my arms, legs, chest, armpits, toes (hey, hair grows there, too!), etc. which is royal pain.  But after getting a lot of feedback on Saturday, the consensus seemed to be that I should keep my facial hair.  And honestly, as strange as this may sound, I feel like photos of me came out a lot better.  In years when I wore makeup and/or shaved my facial hair, I felt like in pictures I had a total "drag queen" look to me.  Which isn't what I was going for.

If facial hair creeps anyone out, you should see me in make up. Yikes!  XD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2011, 02:33:04 am »
^ lol
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline The_Sword_guy

• Cabbit
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2011, 02:41:29 am »

*grins* We do need more bury yoji

know anywhere we can get them?

*hears crickets chirping loudly*

Who has two thumbs and would totally be willing to. :3 The sword guy.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2011, 02:52:26 am »
^  *applauds*  :)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2011, 08:48:20 am »
Tom the fan boy! hed be an awesome mario bodyguard lol

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »
I might consider it... though I'm more tall than burly. XP
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2011, 12:23:29 pm »
I could do it. Im not burly, but im huge and scary and i can sit on people who misbehave lol

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2011, 12:33:47 pm »
This year, I ran into my first con attendee that crossed the line of being a fan to a pedophile. So I was walking to my car to put away some purchases, by myself, and at the crosswalk, this guy comments on my costume. I say thanks, and attempt to move on, but then he continued talking and mentions a Sailor Moon cosplayer. Trying not to be rude, I stayed and listened, and he started saying some pretty vulgar things and what he would do to her if saw her, most along the lines of sexual assault (the word 'rape' was included in his description...). Disturbed, I quickly crossed the street and ignored him. when I was by the parking garage, I could see a hotel employee or con staff talking to him and I heard the guy trying to defend himself and trying to pull it off as a joke. I think he had his badge taken away/told to leave the con space. Least to say, I was/am worried about all the Sailor Moon cosplayers I saw, and I will definitely watch my back more often at cons.
Him...
I was cosplaying Sailor Luna from PGSM. He knew who I was, which was cool. But then I ran into him again in Karaoke and he started talking to me saying he had a surprise for me. Kept on calling me "Sailor Moon cosplayer" which was creepy. Luckily my older friends were with me so I felt safe. He sang "The power of love" from Sailor Moon. Didn't see him again though. Although hearing this freaks me out. I'm glad he got kicked out and doesn't know what I really look like.

Why don't some people pay attention to badge colors, You blue badge, me yellow DON'T HIT ON ME!

This year most of my friend's cosplay plans fell apart so they just dressed up super cool on a few days. My friend does roller derby so on day 0 she thought it would be fun to wear her derby gear, which consists of her Rosebud hoodie, short-shorts, roller skates, knee pads (with triforces on them) and fishnets. As we were waiting in line another one of my friends had to call their mom so he and my derby gear friend and her went across the street. That's when the drunk guy walked up to her and started talking to her, calling her "mom" then as they walked back he followed them. I was watching him ready to run over there and punch him if he did anything. I saw he talking to other people in the line well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:13:15 pm by Wrath-Chan19 »
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »
Since it was my first con, I didn't know there was a badge color system until after reading it here on the forums... not that I was planning on hitting on anyone though lol.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2011, 10:41:09 pm »
I shaved my arms, legs, chest, armpits, toes (hey, hair grows there, too!),

Yeah, toes are some of my least favorite things to shave, too.

etc. which is royal pain.  But after getting a lot of feedback on Saturday, the consensus seemed to be that I should keep my facial hair.  And honestly, as strange as this may sound, I feel like photos of me came out a lot better.  In years when I wore makeup and/or shaved my facial hair, I felt like in pictures I had a total "drag queen" look to me.  Which isn't what I was going for.

I can see that in your case, but I think my face is one of those where it comes out better when there's more of an attempt to look as feminine as possible.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2011, 10:58:05 am »
It seemed I was more on guard at this years con with all the un-wanted creepers.......

I remember walking through the park on Day 1 with my Roxas since I was Axel, and we were holding hands. Well there was a mother and her son sitting on the bench in the park, and the boy (who looked... 7 ish) saw us and said "Mommy mommy! Can I take a picture of those two?" and started rambling about how we are from the video game "Kingdom Hearts". I smiled and waved at the boy, but his mother had a disgusted look on her face. So then she says to her son: "*sons name*, those are homosexuals. They are the same gender. " and began talking about how if you talk with a same-sex couple, then you'll go to hell and this whole "god will punish you" blah blah.

I thought that was rude, in my opinion. And the poor kid had this sad look on his face when he saw us leave cause of his mother. I had some things to say to that woman, but we just left the sight.

Offline IchigoBunny

• Sailor Scout
    • Ichigobunny's deviant art
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:24 pm »
I think the only creepy thing i had happen was some cosplayers here and there would come up and ramble to me when i was having a "real world" conversation with my buddies. Its kind of annoying when you are having a real conversation and someone runs up and rambles random crap to you.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »
There was a hobo sitting on a little brick wall/fence thing accross the street from my hotel (econo lounge) He was muttering to himself but all I could make out was "jump on them all".... I quickly moved to the other side of the street.

The other creepy moment was at night while I was dressed in lolita I asked my group to hang back so I could get things at plaid pantry because I didnt want to go past the bar like this alone but they insisted it was fine so they left me to do my shopping alone. Sure enough, as I passed the bar I was harrassed by drunk men through the window. -_- Guys if a member of your group wants to make a 5 minute stop because they dont wanna be alone.. Just do it.

Another odd thing that happend.. not really creepy just a little awkward... There was this girl that kept running up and hugging me and calling me mom because I was Aerith. She had an explanation that I dont really remember but it was a little awkward because I was not in on her perception of reality.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »
There was a hobo sitting on a little brick wall/fence thing accross the street from my hotel (econo lounge) He was muttering to himself but all I could make out was "jump on them all".... I quickly moved to the other side of the street.

The other creepy moment was at night while I was dressed in lolita I asked my group to hang back so I could get things at plaid pantry because I didnt want to go past the bar like this alone but they insisted it was fine so they left me to do my shopping alone. Sure enough, as I passed the bar I was harrassed by drunk men through the window. -_- Guys if a member of your group wants to make a 5 minute stop because they dont wanna be alone.. Just do it.

Another odd thing that happend.. not really creepy just a little awkward... There was this girl that kept running up and hugging me and calling me mom because I was Aerith. She had an explanation that I dont really remember but it was a little awkward because I was not in on her perception of reality.

That's horrible how they left you even after asking... >.>

Sounds like an advent children thing... Though doing it several times is uncalled for unless you were okay with it (which it sounds like you weren't).
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

That's horrible how they left you even after asking... >.>

Sounds like an advent children thing... Though doing it several times is uncalled for unless you were okay with it (which it sounds like you weren't).

Nope, it actually had nothing to do with Advent Children. It was some story about her dad I guess and I really dont remember most of it she talked too fast x_x. I didnt ever say anything to her but she only asked for a hug the first time, the other times she ran up and hugged me and was gone before I could say anything x_x

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2011, 03:49:49 pm »
It seemed I was more on guard at this years con with all the un-wanted creepers.......

I remember walking through the park on Day 1 with my Roxas since I was Axel, and we were holding hands. Well there was a mother and her son sitting on the bench in the park, and the boy (who looked... 7 ish) saw us and said "Mommy mommy! Can I take a picture of those two?" and started rambling about how we are from the video game "Kingdom Hearts". I smiled and waved at the boy, but his mother had a disgusted look on her face. So then she says to her son: "*sons name*, those are homosexuals. They are the same gender. " and began talking about how if you talk with a same-sex couple, then you'll go to hell and this whole "god will punish you" blah blah.

I thought that was rude, in my opinion. And the poor kid had this sad look on his face when he saw us leave cause of his mother. I had some things to say to that woman, but we just left the sight.

That poor child! :(
And so it begins...

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2011, 03:54:58 pm »
Weird moment for me, while I was wandering around the park during the day. Just hoping for someone to hang out with. This little girl, with the most adorable scottish accent, and pretty red hair, started talking to me after sitting next to me. I couldn't see her parents, but she was talking with me for a good while, we talked about Fairy Tales. The real ones, not the silly ones that are around these days. She was about eleven? I think? And then her parents came over, and asked if everything was ok. I explained that it was perfectly alright, I was enjoying her company. The little girl looked straight at her parents and said "I'm talking to the Fairy Lady, you can tell she's a Fairy. Look at her eyes!" She exclaimed. Her parents looked at each other nervously and crouched down. Started talking to her in Gaelic, I couldn't really understand most of what they were saying. Then the little girl reached over to my left sleeve, and pushed it up. "Look, she has the moon and star. I told you there was a Fairy Lady here, mummy, Daddy! And she's pretty. But she's hurt, and that's why I sat with her. She needed a friend."
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »
That's just too adorable... and weird, but in a good way.  :)

(Or at least to me it seems that way. At cons, one person's "weird, but in a good way" is often another person's "eww, please go away".)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:40:11 pm by randompvg »

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »
Seconded. That is a once in a lifetime kinda thing and WAY too cute
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:23 pm »
It was one of those things i remembered after i filtered through con memories. Im just weirded out as to how the girl knew that my tattoo was there...
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »
;___________________________;

That is way too freaking adorable.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2011, 08:08:16 am »
Maybe you are a fairy, sometimes kids just know stuff
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Mog

• Cabbit
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2011, 08:33:20 am »
During Day 2, it was the homeless man at the glomp circle that really freaked me out. I was so glad there were Con-Parents about to handle him, but the fact something wasn't done sooner was too sad. The guy made the Chibi Sora cry! ;_; He was so adorable and someone made him cry... D: Oh, and this one Vancouver woman making a horribly snide remark about my free hugs sign. "Why the hell would someone want a free hug?" I responded with, "Who wouldn't want a hug?" and she snapped back, "I wouldn't from a weird-o like you." :c That really hurt my moogle heart D:

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:03 am »
I wouldve bit her.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:14 am »
I wouldve bit her.

Lol! :)

But really... what could you do to someone so bitter and angry that life hasn't done already?

Offline Mog

• Cabbit
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:34 am »
I wouldve bit her.

Lol! :)

But really... what could you do to someone so bitter and angry that life hasn't done already?

I agree with you. Better to shrug it off and go on. I found plenty of people who agreed with me and wanted free hugs :D