Author Topic: Highlights of KumoriCon 2011  (Read 31479 times)

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
Re: Highlights of KumoriCon 2011
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 08:07:32 am »
My highlight was the whole con, BUT:

-Both Whose Lines. Todd Haberkorn crashed the all ages version. We filled the room both times. You guys rock!

-Roasting Zach Marsh.

-Having a con with no real drama.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

izamor

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »
There was one girl who recognized I was Dominic from Eureka 7 and practically jumped out of her shoes when she saw my cosplay. She asked for a picture, but when she was about to walk away, her friends asked if she wanted a picture with me. She gasped and asked if it was okay. It was my first con / cosplay, so I was really happy about it. Whoever you were - thanks! It made my day. ^.^

Todd Haberkorn's Godzilla impression was just amazing.

Oh! And this picture of Jesus and Billy Mays!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/izamor/Kumoricon%202011/GEDC0348.jpg
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:36:20 pm by izamor »

Offline Zerozap

• Oni
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 02:54:17 pm »
I was the Lelouch prize at the Slightly Anime Dating game. That was defiantly my highlight, it was just too funny. Then there was cosplay chess, and my sister went into the game for the last stand. It was adorable and hilarious.
Lelouch: Code Geass. Nick: Left4Dead2. Dr. Horrible: Dr. Horrible's sing-along-blog.

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »
I really hope that the footage from the actual event cameras with better quality and all the awesome back and forth between the chess masters gets uploaded eventually. 

AGREED

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2011, 03:23:14 pm »
My highlights were talking to all the amazing people at my table, finding out that ALL of my Thrift store collaboration paintings sold (My bridge zombie one went to auction. My reaction: OMG.), seeing faces I haven't seen in a year, and hanging out with Artist Alley folk over a pizza and a whiskey sour while dressed as Zombie from HINABN.

Also, I went to panels for the first time in about two years. My friend was SideSwipe and won at the Slightly Anime Dating game, and I will never look at Inspector Gadget the same way thanks to "Where Fanfic Goes to Die". WOW.

THIS.

I was Brain. xD

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:35 pm »
My highlights were talking to all the amazing people at my table, finding out that ALL of my Thrift store collaboration paintings sold (My bridge zombie one went to auction. My reaction: OMG.), seeing faces I haven't seen in a year, and hanging out with Artist Alley folk over a pizza and a whiskey sour while dressed as Zombie from HINABN.

Also, I went to panels for the first time in about two years. My friend was SideSwipe and won at the Slightly Anime Dating game, and I will never look at Inspector Gadget the same way thanks to "Where Fanfic Goes to Die". WOW.

THIS.

I was Brain. xD

Oh god. I am so sorry XD
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 06:00:42 pm »
My highlight was all the fan girls and photos that got taken of me and my friend as the twins ((sooo many photos *.*)) And my friend went as a red Scout from TF2, it was his first time cosplaying and he got lots of photos too :D
Beep bep

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »
The Black Butler panel, the trollface, um.... the Ouran panel.... and uh.... those Repo! cosplayers I saw!
And the cowboy on the fish. That was amazing.
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 07:17:32 pm »
During my first Slightly Anime Panel ever. I had the courage to go up (Lust) and won. ..
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Mog

• Cabbit
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 07:31:39 pm »
The Black Butler panel, the trollface, um.... the Ouran panel.... and uh.... those Repo! cosplayers I saw!
And the cowboy on the fish. That was amazing.

Rotti's Twin Guards made me nerd out a bit inside. I walked up to them and asked "Where's your shotguns?" and they were shocked there were people who knew what movie they were from. Great costumes too.

Offline Zerozap

• Oni
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 12:51:42 am »
During my first Slightly Anime Panel ever. I had the courage to go up (Lust) and won. ..
Of course you won! Your toilet paper costume was truly inspiring. =D
Lelouch: Code Geass. Nick: Left4Dead2. Dr. Horrible: Dr. Horrible's sing-along-blog.

Offline conner44

• Oni
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 08:58:30 am »
While I was Marshall Lee I got confused for Edward cullen 3 times.....and then once agian as the 1oth Doctor......that last just completly throught me off, I mean seriously
YOUR MIND JST GOT ASSULTED BY MEEEE Jeff the accountat of 112 Notigham lane

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:12 pm »
My highlights:
-Being picked as a prize for The Slightly Anime Dating Game (Songstress Rikku)! Totally didn't expect that! Plus, I got Billie Mays frikkin' RIKER! *waves at Lelouch, Lust, and other participants posting here*

-Debuting my new Toph cosplay from Avatar, to a great reception. Never have I gotten so many hugs before!

-Still in Toph, at the park, waiting for my ride after con was over, I heard an adorable little boy pointing me out to his father. So I waved. A minute later, he comes over and asks if I'm really dressed from Avatar, I answer yes and we talk about how cool a show it is. Two minutes later, his father comes back up and asks if his son can have a picture with me. So we do an Earthbending pose together! CUTEST THING EVAR.

-The whole Cosplay Contest. Definitely the best one I've ever been to! Great costumes, hilarious skits, the random chair rave, funny filk song I keep getting stuck in my head... T'was epic.

-Winning a prize at the Sailor Moon panel for knowing the most inane SM trivia, and getting to meet up with my fellow Moonies again!

-All the tiny cosplayers! Tiny Sora! Tiny Maka! Tiny Megaman! I was squeeing every time I saw them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:45:39 pm by Tomecko »

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 03:11:01 pm »
Another one of my highlights was when my group was waiting for closing ceremonies.We had a Namine waiting with us and we started swing dancing,but only doing the fancy steps 'cause neither of us knew the real steps. :D Was the best spontanous dancing ever :)
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »
My biggest highlight was definitely my costume.  Everyone was so surprised to see a Lakitu, and I could hardly walk three steps without being stopped for a photo.  People were excited to see the costume, ecstatic to see it came complete with Spinies, and they just about died when I revealed my "Final Lap" and wrong-way sign.  It was great...  I also caught Fanboy totally off-guard with my routine; it made my day ^_^

I also loved the Who's Line panels - Todd was great - and Todd reading yaoi was hilarious!

Random chair rave during the Cosplay Contest and before Closing Ceremonies, winning Tsubasa OVAs by guessing a random city in Texas, the Muppets guys during the dating game...  It was all good :)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2011, 05:47:37 pm »
My Highlights....

-The oh so many AkuRoku fangirls squeeling and taking pictures of us when ever my boyfriend and I kissed. (Sad is I haven't seen a single picture of us yet.)
-Proposing to my Sora on Day 3.
-Getting kissed on the cheek by both Ouran Twins.
-Todd's amazing improv in the Whose Line Panel.
-The Kingdom Hearts Panel (I was the Axel and I must say it was alot of fun.)
-(Note: I was Riku Deep Dive Ver) Day 3, getting guided around the hotel by a Namine with my blindfold on (and I can't see), carrying a "Riku Needs a Hug" sign, and get hugged many many times not knowing what those people look like.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »
I had an Ouran twin give me a rose, which was pretty boss.  :D

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 11:29:54 pm »
Blade Works WINNER Coordinator's Choice

As a US Navy veteran,  it was touching to see him recognized for  serving  our country so we can have the freedom to watch crazy AMVs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:30:39 pm by acton »

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 12:10:14 am »
I enjoyed the raves and the family of eevee's. They were adorable :3

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2011, 05:03:00 am »

Making a Jill Big Mac  8)
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 02:19:22 pm »
^ I didn't realize that there were that many RE cosplayers this year...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh