Author Topic: Homestuck Cosplay 2012  (Read 142719 times)

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
Re: Homestuck Cosplay 2012
« Reply #500 on: August 29, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »
Pardon the double post but I just wanted to let you meenah or feferi cosplayers know that I have an extra pair of horns for you if yours happen to break or if you don't have any but would like them.
They are currently made to go under a wig but if you would like them for the con and are using a headband just bring the headband with two holes screwed in it.
I made these a while ago and I don't need them anymore.
Message me on tumblr; http://bluhbluhhugedork.tumblr.com/ if you would like them and then  we can meet up on day zero on whenever is best for you : )
Pardon the large image!

Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #501 on: August 30, 2012, 01:30:05 pm »
Just a quick note about makeup, while we're on the topic - if you're staying at a hotel and you haven't already bought some, it would be a great idea to buy a package (or two) of makeup-removing wipes.

They're not too expensive ($3-$7, depending on brand), and they get large quantities of makeup off your face/arms/neck/etc. in a way that {A} is much faster and gentler on your skin than scrubbing, and {B} doesn't wreck the towels/washcloths in your hotel bathroom.  Yes, hotel linens are typically white to allow for bleaching out stains, but with the amount of makeup a lot of cosplayers wear, well...   ::)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:43:18 pm by FilkAeris »

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #502 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:20 pm »
^Oh dear, yes. D:
Last year I brought my own darker colored towel from home. So that's another idea if you don't have time to get wipes.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #503 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »
Ah, yes! I'm actually brining my own washcloths and a few small towels this year.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #504 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:46 pm »
Yeah, your own washcloths and towels are also a great way to make the hotel staff's lives easier.  ♥

I actually got hooked on makeup wipes after cosplaying in Japan.  The changing facilities tend to be pretty crappy over there.  As in, "four square feet of carpeted floor" - most venues just designate the sort of room we would use to host panels as a "changing room", and everybody crowds in and sits on the floor to change.  Usually costs money to get in, too.

So, yeah, without any access to running water or electrical sockets, the Japanese 'layers have to get creative, and wipes are quick and effective.  I had to borrow one off a friendly stranger to de-black my eyebrows before going home, my first time (you're almost never allowed to leave the convention area in costume).

They're nice for quick costume changes even when you do have your own hotel room/bathroom, though, and they save a lot of headache for the laundry staff.   ;D

Offline Darzoz

• Oni
« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »
Just got my makeup in the mail. Looks like they got my order wrong somehow, or I just didn't order right. Anyway, I'm stuck with two Steel Grey one Grey and one White, as opposed to what this tutorial says about having two grey and one steel grey. Can this still work for Gamzee makeup? Like, is there enough in one container that I wont need two grey?

Edit: A little experimentation on my hand. I think instead of half grey and half white, it'll have to be quarter steel grey and three quarters white. Maybe. >_>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:23:33 pm by Darzoz »
Q.

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #506 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:23 pm »
^ that can definitely still work. the 1:1 grey/white works super well, so you can mix half of your white with half of the grey, then still have enough white to do the clown makeup.

also, you can use the regular unmixed grey for the grey details on his face, since they're supposed to be darker than his skin anyways. and since you're using armsocks, you only really need troll skintone for your neck/ears.

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #507 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »
Hey everyone, popping in with my final cosplay plans!  As of right now I plan to be Jake day 0 and 3, and Meenah day 1 and 2!
I'll have a red giant pocky bag on me, so if you see me please do feel free to say hello! ^v^
I'm not sure if there is a Homestuck drawmeet planned at all, but I will most likely end up sitting down drawing at some point.  If you see me doing so I'm more than willing to exchange drawings! : D

Super stoked guys oh my gosh, this is gonna be such a great con!
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #508 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:48 pm »
So, how many Karkat cosplayers are now planning to thrift-shop a red turtleneck and double up as Kankri?   ;D

Also, keep an eye out in the Hilton lobby/park area on Saturday afternoon, before the shoot.  I can't make any promises, but if all goes well...there might be something special going on.  Something involving a Mom and a Dad and....food.  ♥

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #509 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:54 pm »
I already have mine. I am so ready for this.

heck yeees food.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Sadi

• Cabbit
« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »
I wasn't going to do it...
But it turns out my other cosplay didn't come in. So I WILL be roaming around as GT!Vriska, likely for all three days. (Unless my other cosplay comes in over the weekend sometime.)

Is there any scheduled photoshoots yet? I haven't been keeping updated, and was curious. :P
K-Con Cosplays of 2012:

{HS} God Tier Vriska - 80%
{BBB} Zelman Clock - 85%
{DRRR} Shizuo - 90%

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #511 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:53 pm »
sooo, is there a photo shoot day?

Offline Darzoz

• Oni
« Reply #512 on: August 31, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »
If I recall the meetup/photo shoot thingies are at 4:13 on day one and two respectively.
I could be wrong though.

Also, I was going to get some sweet pictures up of my finished outfit tonight, but some problems arose and now we're only going to be going for two days because of silly things. So, guess you'll just have to see me there.~
Q.

Offline Sadi

• Cabbit
« Reply #513 on: September 01, 2012, 03:40:54 am »
Hopefully I'll catch up with someone who knows for sure, but if not I'll just stick to 4:13. :P Thanks a bunch~
Hope to see y'all around and get lots of pics~
K-Con Cosplays of 2012:

{HS} God Tier Vriska - 80%
{BBB} Zelman Clock - 85%
{DRRR} Shizuo - 90%

Offline Thiexiz

• Oni
« Reply #514 on: September 03, 2012, 04:05:53 pm »
I was Dave most of Kumoricon, and Sollux a little bit the Second day. Also during the Second day I was Zombie Survival Dave at the photoshoot~ My symbol was drawn on so if you guys have photos of me, let me know please :3 I would like to see them

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #515 on: September 03, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »
Oh wow! Being John this year was so much fun!
I gave lots of hugs!
It really was a big highlight of the con for me especially the part on day one when I gave that Vriska my Slimer plush.
Does anyone know who she was?
'16 Cosplay

Offline CosplayGeek4

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #516 on: September 03, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »
I had alot of fun!! (I was the god tier and 3 Am jade)
I really wish i could have gotten the nerve to hug that awesome eridan on day 2.
But i had alot of fun with you guys!!

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #517 on: September 03, 2012, 07:30:25 pm »
EVERYONE AT THE CON WAS SO PRECIOUS OMG
seriously everyone was just adorable and nice and sweet and just. i cant.
ive said this a million times, but i was the trickster rose for all 3 days. cant wait for next year /u\
kcon 2012: trickster rose lalonde (homestuck)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #518 on: September 03, 2012, 08:29:30 pm »
I got to meet/talk to a bunch of really great Homestucks. Thanks for being so quality, everyone.

I was the long-haired Tinkerbull on Day 1, and I did Kankri in the morning on Day 2, and Karkat in the evening on Day 3. I looked just like every single other Karkat.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #519 on: September 04, 2012, 12:53:10 am »
I had so so so much fun as god tier sollux. Everyone looked amazing.
You guys are the best <3
For those of you that I met but we didn't get contact info, my tumblr is Bluhbluhhugedork
: )

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #520 on: September 04, 2012, 01:00:18 am »
Lady, you looked amazing but I was too shy to say anything ;A;
'16 Cosplay

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #521 on: September 04, 2012, 05:29:27 pm »
yay! i had so much fun meeting everybody!

for those who don't know, i was fem!gamzee on days 0, 1, and 2. i was also squiddle dress jade with nekomimi ears on day 3.

if anyone got pictures, i'd really like to see them!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #522 on: September 04, 2012, 05:48:44 pm »
@kit
oh jeeze thank you sweetie <3
;A; well shucks. *hugs*

Offline Maiku

• Sailor Scout
    • Octavian Cosplay
« Reply #523 on: September 04, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »
It was great meeting everyone I did, and wish I would have been able to meet more of you.  Everyone was so amazing~!
I wasn't in cosplay Day 0, but I was the guy who put on the Potluck at the Red Lion for those who came, I was also this Dad on Day 2.

Again, all you fellow Homestucks were simply amazing~!

I'm dreaming-sufferer on Tumblr if anyone is interested.

Oh~!  Here are the photos from Day 0 and Day 2 that my friend Ophiali took: https://plus.google.com/photos/111254768721092827078/albums/5784217006545807409
2012 Kumo

Dad - Homestuck / Yukimura - Brave 10 / Captain Marvelous - Gokaiger / Flame Prince - Adventure Time

See some of my work: http://www.facebook.com/OctavianCosplay

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #524 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:55 pm »
My husband and I wanted to post a huge thank-you to everybody who joined us for our nicpic (*pincic *picnic) on Saturday, said "hi" to us around the convention, and put up with our ridiculous PDAs at the photoshoots.  The Homestuck get-togethers really made our weekend, and we can't wait to see you all again next year!  ♥

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #525 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:11 pm »
@Lady In Red : Yooouuuu were so amazing! I finally gave you a hug as God Tier Jane on Day 1 and kept seeing you around the con but I was so shy. u_u

I was walking around as Wonderland! Jane and God Tier! Jane on Day 1 with my very lovely Alpha group in matching outfits whom I loooove. On Day 2 I was Terezi in the morning for a while until close to two. I don't know if you saw me, but at first I was being led around by an Aradia in the park for a while and I think I still had my Equius (very tall) and Nepeta (very short) with me, and later I was led by a Dave and had a Trickster! Dave and Trickster! John with me as well. (I was way too shy to talk to barely any other homestuck cosplayers though, so next year I'll try to be more social. >//<; )

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #526 on: September 05, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »
I just got into reading this all and for once i really enjoy this alot its funny and cute and at points iratting to read but i might put this up as a cosplay for next year

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #527 on: September 05, 2012, 07:53:55 pm »
@tsundere: Hey! That's me too! We can try to be social together ~

Man I kinda want to start the next thread but Idunno cause I know I wouldnt be able to run a shoot too well (I cant even run a group of 5 people ;;; ) but a couple of my friends and I were talking about bringing the Felt to Kumoricon. Since there wasnt any except Snowman this and the year before. At least not in any notable group. So Im going to do it, I am going to be the most excellent host. I am making this happen. (If only I could be the most excellent leader orz.... but I like welcoming people though ;A;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:59:29 pm by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #528 on: September 05, 2012, 08:24:46 pm »
You don't have to be running the shoot to run the thread. You just need to keep track of what's going on with con events, and optionally keep a cosplayer list. The shoot will work itself out, just like it did this year.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #529 on: September 05, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »
hmmmm Maybe I will.
Tomorrow though(unless someone beats me to it) first I'm sleep/

I am determined to keep a more organized post this year though.
Everything will be great.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:50:42 pm by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #530 on: September 05, 2012, 10:30:18 pm »
Hiii everyone!  Oh my gosh, lemme just say I LOVE YOU ALL EVERYONE WAS SO GREAT AND I HAD SO MUCH FUN AND SOBS
I was Jake day 0--if you went to the potluck I was the one holding the trident during limbo! ^V^
The rest of the time I was Meenah-->  Pics if you need to recognize me: http://thejotaku.tumblr.com/post/30951394338/lisztomini-cosplay-by-thejotaku-photo-by-me

I had a super amazing time and just... sigh so many new friends!  Thank you everyone for including me and giving me all your love and waah 8v8
If anyone would like to know, my tumblr is thejotaku, and my skype is the_jotaku if you'd like to add me!

I might be trying to go to Aki (MAYBE), definitely plan to go to Sakuracon, and hopefully will be able to slip in Kumoricon again next year. : )
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #531 on: September 09, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »
I loved seeing all of you at con (though I was feeling unusually nervous and didn't talk to most of you.) -was the four aces suited dave that only appeared on the last day....also hosted Hetastuck panel-

Hi! -waves- we'll have pictures up from the day 3 photoshoot once I'm done adding them to facebook/dA/tumblr/wherever.

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Cosplay_Fever

• Oni
« Reply #532 on: September 15, 2012, 01:20:46 am »
Hi! I just wanted to say for my first year in the Homestuck fandom I am so happy!!! Everyone was so nice and friendly!!! I was the John Egbert cosplayer with the collar on. I was only there the first day and for the photoshoot on the second day!! If you want to talk to me or anything my Tumblr is future-john-cosplayer (capitolization may vary). Send me a message or somethin cause I wanna befriend ALL OF YOU!! Ok, I probably sound like a dork so I'm gonna go. Bye!! Can't wait to see you next year!!!