Author Topic: Badges and have you got yours? (See registration FAQ near the top for questions)  (Read 39194 times)

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
Re: Badges and have you got yours?
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2011, 09:41:55 pm »
I got mine today #1572 and its the right color. My second time going as an adult. :)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2011, 09:46:11 pm »
What kind of badge did I get then? o_o
Apparently, that's what the teen badge is supposed to look like this year...

I don't remeber getting anything that said a teen badge would have a adult mascot on it a teens has always been a chibi mascot with a yellow background

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2011, 09:52:33 pm »
I really wish a mod that knew about these problems would weigh in and explain the situation... My badge is fine, but it seems like a lot of other people's are messed up. Or at least not clarified as to if they're right or not.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »
I really wish a mod that knew about these problems would weigh in and explain the situation... My badge is fine, but it seems like a lot of other people's are messed up. Or at least not clarified as to if they're right or not.

Yes that would be really nice if they would clear up some things because i don't know what is going on with the badges this year all all and it seems like they are changing something or not at all and it's confusing people.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2011, 10:38:24 pm »
I got mine today #1572 and its the right color. My second time going as an adult. :)

Yay for being the few that got the right one the first time. :3

It's an exclusive club apparently. X3

(3rd year first time I even got my badge at all. Last year they lost it in the mail, then again at will call.)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11:57 pm »
me and my moms are here have been for a while I am just worried about all these miss prints....

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2011, 01:08:17 am »
Hi all,

I'm not a mod, but I work in the registrations department.  Just to hamper any confusion on the last few posts I've read, the youth badge this year is yellow in color, but has the adult mascot on it, not the chibi.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2011, 01:15:55 am »
Hi all,

I'm not a mod, but I work in the registrations department.  Just to hamper any confusion on the last few posts I've read, the youth badge this year is yellow in color, but has the adult mascot on it, not the chibi.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Oh gosh thank you so much i have been confused with all the yellow badges with the adult mascot because I was always used to the yellow badges having chibis

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2011, 07:18:26 am »
I'm just wondering why red child badges were necessary at all? Just to make sure there aren't children running around without guardians or what? Seems like it just made everyone confused.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2011, 07:47:08 am »
Hi all,

I'm not a mod, but I work in the registrations department.  Just to hamper any confusion on the last few posts I've read, the youth badge this year is yellow in color, but has the adult mascot on it, not the chibi.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for coming in and clarifying... ~please~ feel free to pre-empt anything the mods would say, 'cause you actually know what's going on. We only know what we've overheard at meetings and suchlike. (^_^);

I'm just wondering why red child badges were necessary at all? Just to make sure there aren't children running around without guardians or what? Seems like it just made everyone confused.

I'm not one of the experts, but you nailed the main reason already. Chibis (kids who need red badges) need to have a parent or guardian with them at all times to be safe.

There's a thread elsewhere talking about a (alleged) pedophile/hebephile getting busted by the police at another con - that kind of stuff is why we take it seriously. We'll do our best to protect underage people from human trash, regardless... but by far the best way we can protect the chibis isn't anything we can do directly. It's by making sure they keep a parent or guardian with them at all times. For that, we need to know who they are.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:53:30 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2011, 09:03:24 am »
One thing, though... for a fast/accurate response on badge questions, the official registration thread is the best place to go. I'll be glad to answer questions if I know (and I'm sure the other mods would as well), but there's a lot about registration we don't know.

The best people to ask are the registration staff - either directly (registration@kumoricon.org), or in the registration FAQ / thread.

It's fine if people want to talk about the badges, what their numbers are, when they got them, new ideas for badge designs, etc... but badge questions really should go to the registration thread.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
Woot! Got my Badge today, #1798. You guys mail them out pretty fast.
Team Koga

izamor

Got mine today - 1741. So excited, this will be my first con. ^.^
Just stressing that my costume might not be here in time.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
got the correct badge haha

• Bunnygirl
got the correct badge haha

At least there is some positive news!!!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
i git my bage but a lady from new yorkcontacted me on face book saying she had my bage o.O

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
i git my bage but a lady from new yorkcontacted me on face book saying she had my bage o.O
Ohh wow that went far especially is you live in oregon or washington. They missed you by a longshot

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:57 am »
Hi all,

Thank you so much ;A; I was worried that we would have to send it in for a replacement again.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
yeah she sent it back and i got it in the mail along with a anouther one becuse my friend works reg and i told her what had happen but i cut one up and threw it away the new one that was sent is sitting with my other bages

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
haha yeah in the midst of all the bad news ><

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
my friend's badge came the other day and luckily everything was correct

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
Hello everyone.

First off, I'd like to say on behalf of the Registration Staff, thank you for your purchase for Kumoricon 2011.

This year you may have noticed people being more vocal about their badge errors (and we like that!).  However, because people are being more vocal it may seem to some like there has been an explosion of badge errors this year, especially in comparison to previous years.  This is not the case.

Out of the 2100 or so pre-reg badges we've processed so far this year, only about 100 have been shipped by mistake.  Mistakes happen, but the number of badge errors we've shipped this year is about where we expected it to be.  Do we wish we were perfect?  Of course!  But we do make mistakes, and we fix them as soon as we know about them.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion about badge printing out there.  If you have more questions, you can email us (registration@kumoricon.org), talk to us at the next general meeting, or even learn about it first hand by signing up as staff!

Thanks Again!

Chris Blackburn
Assistant Registration Manager

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
Re: Bandges and have you got yours?
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2011, 04:19:13 am »
Since I'm staff, I won't be getting mine until Day 0 of the con.  The lowest number I've ever gotten was #003.  That was kind of funny, because I recommended #026, and superjaz wanted #003.  I got it instead, and I think she got what I wanted.  (I think this was in '08, but I don't remember for sure).

If it was 2009, you can blame me for not enforcing deadlines ^.^
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
That's okay, we just blame you everything regardless. Sometimes it's even true. (^_~)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Hey sorry but i have another question ^^; You see, i don't have any type of ID with me, but would it be alright if i used my dad's ID(he's going to be there at the con in person to show his ID of course)?

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
Hey sorry but i have another question ^^; You see, i don't have any type of ID with me, but would it be alright if i used my dad's ID(he's going to be there at the con in person to show his ID of course)?
you dont even have a school ID?
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
you dont even have a school ID?

No i don't. I go to an online school so they don't need ID there.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
I got mine a few days ago! Number 1357 ^-^ And to who ever chose the boy as the mascot this year, it was an amazing choice! Hes just too cute!

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Ah, nevermind about my last question ^^; I just found out that i can use my Dad's ID if he's there.

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
Just want to let everyone know. We (the reg staff) don't really check this thread too often so if you have any questions about badges or registration then please post in the Registration FAQ thread: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=15259.0

Let's make it easy for the mods and keep the posts on topic about receiving your badge.  ;D

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
Who has the lowest number?
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Since I'm staff, I won't be getting mine until Day 0 of the con.  The lowest number I've ever gotten was #003.  That was kind of funny, because I recommended #026, and superjaz wanted #003.  I got it instead, and I think she got what I wanted.  (I think this was in '08, but I don't remember for sure).

If it was 2009, you can blame me for not enforcing deadlines ^.^

Sigh what could have been... I <3 #3

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:04:09 am by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline april_22

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Well I was supposed to receive a replacement badge in the mail but I have not yet gotten it.

Same as last year.  Please tell me I don't have a pay a badge fee or something...
http://moongazer22.deviantart.com
|| Kumoricon '11 - Fai Flowright || Kumoricon '12 - Unknown ||

Offline backtoblue

• Cabbit
1882~
Con plans-
Sat: Okumura Rin(Ao no Exorcist)
Sun: Teuton Prussia(Hetalia)
Mon: Greece(Hetalia) or Rin(AnE)

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
Well I was supposed to receive a replacement badge in the mail but I have not yet gotten it.

Same as last year.  Please tell me I don't have a pay a badge fee or something...

After a certain point we couldn't mail out anymore badges and sadly this included replacements.  :(

Any badges we didn't send out will be held in Will Call but please send us a email as soon as possible to confirm that your badge is there and will be ready for you to pick up (No fee!).