Author Topic: 2011 Cosplay Chess: Team Assignments  (Read 201077 times)

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2011 Cosplay Chess: Team Assignments
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2011, 04:14:58 pm »
Hello! You know, you might find this interesting... I almost got a job on here at Cosplay Chess. But guess who the foreman went with? Only some strange doctor who looked exactly like him. Nepotism. Stuck me on the bloody White Team. Wait, that's still Cosplay Chess? YES! I'm looking so forward to chessmastering again! I promise I'll be way funnier than last year. I have so much more material to work with as Wheatley. And (against all forms of stupidity) we'll win it! We're White Team!

Offline orlyfan15

• Cabbit
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2011, 04:40:35 pm »
Hello! You know, you might find this interesting... I almost got a job on here at Cosplay Chess. But guess who the foreman went with? Only some strange doctor who looked exactly like him. Nepotism. Stuck me on the bloody White Team. Wait, that's still Cosplay Chess? YES! I'm looking so forward to chessmastering again! I promise I'll be way funnier than last year. I have so much more material to work with as Wheatley. And (against all forms of stupidity) we'll win it! We're White Team!

YAY WHITE TEAM!!!!!
Day 1: Pinkie Pie from MLP: FIM
Day 2: Demyx From Kingdom Hearts
Day 3: Xion from Kingdom Hearts

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »
Awww imagine that, white team won, again :3c

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:30 pm »
YOU DID NOT
It was a stalemate >.> You guys cheated. It would have been like another hour before that game finished... Though I had a grand time taking out Link xD Can't wait for videos to be posted
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2011, 09:47:20 pm »
Says frustrated Undertaker. XD

But in reality, Black Team SHOULD have won. I was careless in the beginning and actually left Dr. Stein in a position to checkmate me really early in the game. The only reason she didn't is because I asked her not to so that the game would keep going... Also, me and her planned my great cheating escapade together after White Mokona died. XD

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2011, 09:53:07 pm »
DDDDD8 THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! I HAD TO LAUGH MYSELF TO DEATH FOR THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS???

Really, though, it was great fun xD I was scared that I was going to be out first. Sad Ciel didn't get to use me, though
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »

But in reality, Black Team SHOULD have won. I was careless in the beginning and actually left Dr. Stein in a position to checkmate me really early in the game. The only reason she didn't is because I asked her not to so that the game would keep going... Also, me and her planned my great cheating escapade together after White Mokona died. XD

And I love you for it. I was joking with Dane (Zero) that I was going to take him out long before the game started. I was happy that I was able to beat him :D

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »
I love that it was you two left :P If Zero was going down, who else better to take him down than Rikku?
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »

But in reality, Black Team SHOULD have won. I was careless in the beginning and actually left Dr. Stein in a position to checkmate me really early in the game. The only reason she didn't is because I asked her not to so that the game would keep going..

Aw Wheatley, you are so sweet admitting that XD. I enjoyed our match very much and will be signing up for Chessmaster again if I decide to go to Kumoricon again next year. (It is looking kind of iffy) or I might just go for day three to participate in chess.

DDDDD8 THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! I HAD TO LAUGH MYSELF TO DEATH FOR THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS???

Really, though, it was great fun xD I was scared that I was going to be out first. Sad Ciel didn't get to use me, though

I actually apologize for that...I made the dumb mistake of mistaking the White team's queen for a pawn. It is harder than normal to keep track of all your enemy's pieces when they are quarter pieces of post-it notes on a board XD We did try to use everyone, even if it was harmful to our plans.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2011, 11:23:56 pm »
I actually apologize for that...I made the dumb mistake of mistaking the White team's queen for a pawn. It is harder than normal to keep track of all your enemy's pieces when they are quarter pieces of post-it notes on a board XD We did try to use everyone, even if it was harmful to our plans.

It's fine :3 Ciel and I had fun talking about how to win. Every other turn we thought we would win... then loose... then win... Well, it was better than the past games :) Everyone got to fight, and it truly ended in a stalemate! But I wish I'd gotten a picture with you...
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline orlyfan15

• Cabbit
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2011, 12:00:00 am »
it was so much fun playing with you all :3 i was surprised i lasted as long as i did

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2011, 12:17:21 am »

It's fine :3 Ciel and I had fun talking about how to win. Every other turn we thought we would win... then loose... then win... Well, it was better than the past games :) Everyone got to fight, and it truly ended in a stalemate! But I wish I'd gotten a picture with you...

it was fun :3 but next time i hope the queen has the common curtisy not to step on my dress :C It pulled it down revealing my bra lol

Offline linachan

• Sailor Scout
    • TMNT Demonic RPG
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2011, 01:32:45 am »
Man upset me that I was the first one killed, I didnt even get to really play I took two steps then was killed T_T, I also had picked out two people to help me do two of my spells and I didn't even get the chance to use them, I felt like I was killed off the bored on purpose, not sure if I want to join again next year it was just lame.

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2011, 03:32:13 am »
Man upset me that I was the first one killed, I didnt even get to really play I took two steps then was killed T_T, I also had picked out two people to help me do two of my spells and I didn't even get the chance to use them, I felt like I was killed off the bored on purpose, not sure if I want to join again next year it was just lame.

Well, that's the unfortunate circumstance as a pawn and as well just a factor of the whole game. SOMEONE has to die first and I don't think anyone would want it to be them. I can at least assure you I did not kill you on purpose. In fact, nothing in this game was on purpose... Except maybe pelting Demyx with the potato, but that's another story. As well, be lucky you made the board at all. One of my friends applied for a space as Hollow Ichigo with one of the coolest masks I've ever seen and he didn't make the cut. Not to mention we had quite the collection of alternates who didn't get a second game to play in, The best I can encourage is don't lose heart. You never know what piece you'll get or even how much you'll do. Last year, one on my pawns was the decider of the entire match. With things as unscripted as they are, one never knows what will happen.

Anyway, on another note, I just wanted to thank all you awesome pieces for all the work you put into this game along with the chessmasters, the hosts, the tech crew, and Jaki. Without you, our jokes probably wouldn't make sense most of the time. Especially Statler and Waldorf's. You also really helped in making this to be even funner to be chessmaster than last year. After checking my financial means and location as of September 3, 2012, I can say I'll be returning next year and see if I can't return as the White Chessmaster once again. I absolutely love doing this each year, and I'll be happy to take it on once again. :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:34:10 am by Shout »

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:14 am »
it was very fun i even made a few friends that im keeping and not loosing contact with!! .....i hope....

plus i was kinda happy that i got killed by mokona hugs....
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline orlyfan15

• Cabbit
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2011, 06:59:56 am »

Well, that's the unfortunate circumstance as a pawn and as well just a factor of the whole game. SOMEONE has to die first and I don't think anyone would want it to be them. I can at least assure you I did not kill you on purpose. In fact, nothing in this game was on purpose... Except maybe pelting Demyx with the potato, but that's another story. As well, be lucky you made the board at all. One of my friends applied for a space as Hollow Ichigo with one of the coolest masks I've ever seen and he didn't make the cut. Not to mention we had quite the collection of alternates who didn't get a second game to play in, The best I can encourage is don't lose heart. You never know what piece you'll get or even how much you'll do. Last year, one on my pawns was the decider of the entire match. With things as unscripted as they are, one never knows what will happen.

Anyway, on another note, I just wanted to thank all you awesome pieces for all the work you put into this game along with the chessmasters, the hosts, the tech crew, and Jaki. Without you, our jokes probably wouldn't make sense most of the time. Especially Statler and Waldorf's. You also really helped in making this to be even funner to be chessmaster than last year. After checking my financial means and location as of September 3, 2012, I can say I'll be returning next year and see if I can't return as the White Chessmaster once again. I absolutely love doing this each year, and I'll be happy to take it on once again. :)

at least you didn't hit me with the potato. and thank god i didn't hit you with it too XD

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2011, 08:21:53 am »
@ Jacob- That was kind of rude... I don't care if it was in character, you made that dress, and it could have easily ripped. I think my cosplay malfunction was enough for everyone.

@ Shout- If you do make it, I know you'll be an awesome master :3 Pity I won't be there to see it

@ Orly- You just made my day though the whole thing xD You moved like twice and yet still had things to do.

One of my favorite moments: When Jack the Ripper stared down Rikku so hard she sat down and started crying
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2011, 09:01:56 am »

Sadly that's just how it ends up being sometimes. I've been in Cosplay Chess 3 years now, and the same thing has happened each year: I'm a pawn, I move once, and I die in my first fight. Last year I even got killed twice by the exact same piece since they ended up being used in both games. Yet every year I still sign up because like Shout said, with unscripted games you never know what will happen. Someone has to die first, and sadly you just happened to get picked. My advice is talk with the other team, especially if you think you're going to not last very long(like if you're a pawn for example). Say that you want to use your special attacks in a fight, and most people will gladly oblige. It will mean that we get more fun by having a larger battle and the audience gets more enjoyment out of the struggle. Plus it'll be a nice change from the standard "run away until I'm cornered" or "take one hit and fall to the floor".

In short, don't give up just because of one bad experience. You never know what next year will be like, and communication between you, the chess masters, and the other pieces of both sides will ensure that your next experience will be more enjoyable.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:56 am »
yes it was and it could have the sleeves are the most fragile thing on my dress and they could have torn...

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2011, 09:10:57 am »

You're going to be a chessmaster next year, too? MAN. Now I wish I were going to Kumoricon next year. I would totally resurrect my Perceptor costume just so we could have a team of science obsessed British robots. Alas, I don't know that I'll have the money.

Maybe if I start saving now...
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2011, 09:32:37 am »
@ Blizzara- First, might I just say you had a fantastic costume? It was quite fabulous :)
Second, I know what you mean. I think it should just go without saying that if you're taking someone out who has yet to have a battle, draw it out. This was my first year of cosplay chess so my first battle was rough, but my second one was a great length. And if you see the battle coming, talk to the piece. That's what the girl I battled the second time did (I can't remember her naaaaaaaaaaaaaamed D8 She was great, though!). Maybe if we'd shut up during the meeting we all would have been better informed...
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline chibihentaichan

• Cabbit
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2011, 12:29:12 pm »
it was very fun i even made a few friends that im keeping and not loosing contact with!! .....i hope....

plus i was kinda happy that i got killed by mokona hugs....

Well us Mokona aim to please. Espeically since there's not a whole lot else we could do.
~chibihentaichan~
The littlest pervert on the net
proving to everyone everywhere that size doesn't matter

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2011, 01:09:19 pm »
Was lots of fun!
I wish I had brought my fabric so I could do more sand-like attacks, but it went well.

Also, want to apologize to anyone I might have killed the eardrums of....If you didn't hear, the Gaara (me) was the one doing the balloons noises. I especially want to apologize to the Luffy sitting next to me >.<
SOOOOOOO SOOOOORRY!!!!!!!!!!!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2011, 01:29:19 pm »

You're going to be a chessmaster next year, too? MAN. Now I wish I were going to Kumoricon next year. I would totally resurrect my Perceptor costume just so we could have a team of science obsessed British robots. Alas, I don't know that I'll have the money.

Maybe if I start saving now...

I'm going to apply at least. Just like pieces, it's not a guaranteed thing. I also won't be Wheatley again next year. I'm looking at all matter of cosplays for next year.

Offline obscure_reference

• Cabbit
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2011, 03:26:47 pm »
Was lots of fun!
I wish I had brought my fabric so I could do more sand-like attacks, but it went well.

Also, want to apologize to anyone I might have killed the eardrums of....If you didn't hear, the Gaara (me) was the one doing the balloons noises. I especially want to apologize to the Luffy sitting next to me >.<

I had a few inappropriate jokes I had to hold back... ;D

Also, I don't know if our characters style of comedy works in a situation like this.  We have some pre-written jokes (not enough for 2 hours it turns out  :-[) but our comedy relies heavily on funny situations or quick, funny retorts.  Filling a 1-2 min gap of time while the chess masters decided on there next move( btw, both of you did awesome!) with quick one-liners is difficult and not very appealing after the first 30min.  We work best when we say our lines, get the laugh, and the attention shifts. Also, we were kinda tired and off this weekend...  Including at the Sightly Anime Dating Game, which was also awesome.

But it was a blast and thank you for wanting us and allowing us to perform our "shtick" for everyone.  If you want us to come back next year (including just at the convention) we will be happy to!  It's as fun for us as it is for you!  Minus those lights...  We were baked crispy...  Plus, we are working on a twist for the costume for Sakuracon.   :-X
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:41:27 pm by obscure_reference »
Current cosplays:
Waldorf (of Satatler and Waldorf)
Yakko Warner
Beetlejuice                                 
More obscurity to come!  Next year: Not saying! ;) (Hint):  Its another Jim Henson Puppet!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »
^YES! i wanna see this!

and a note to those who ARE NOT called upon as attacks or help on stage during our battles, DON'T go ON THE BOARD! it's really rude!

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2011, 05:19:24 pm »
I'm going to apply at least. Just like pieces, it's not a guaranteed thing. I also won't be Wheatley again next year. I'm looking at all matter of cosplays for next year.

Aww, that's too bad. I liked that costume. I understand wanting new ones, though. I only brought one old one this year. Good luck with your new stuff, then.
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2011, 07:10:56 pm »
^YES! i wanna see this!

and a note to those who ARE NOT called upon as attacks or help on stage during our battles, DON'T go ON THE BOARD! it's really rude!

i agree....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:11:17 pm by chelseahavoc »
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »
Was lots of fun!

You made me so happy xD Were you at Mewcon? Cause I think I remember you, just not the noise. I was the bunny girl at the Anime Murder Game
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2011, 11:18:29 pm »
Yeah, I was at MEW ^^
I was Riku for that game I think...

But yeah, that noise will probably return for future events. I was gonna do it as a joke for one of my attacks, but never got to it.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline D-Chan

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2011, 12:05:16 am »
Was I the only one becoming scared by the fact that people were just <i>giving their weapons</i> to White Mokona?
1st con-Kumori-Con 2007
Naruto in chess for 2007 and 2008

2010 - Yumi, Naruto, and Kid Goku
2011 - Hopefully Mr. 6 will make and appearance, and Lupin III.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2011, 01:42:33 am »
SCARED?! i was outraged! those cosplayers need to stop giving them mokonas weapons! cuz it's not allowed! DX

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2011, 09:35:19 am »
@ Blizzara- First, might I just say you had a fantastic costume? It was quite fabulous :)
Second, I know what you mean. I think it should just go without saying that if you're taking someone out who has yet to have a battle, draw it out. This was my first year of cosplay chess so my first battle was rough, but my second one was a great length. And if you see the battle coming, talk to the piece. That's what the girl I battled the second time did (I can't remember her naaaaaaaaaaaaaamed D8 She was great, though!). Maybe if we'd shut up during the meeting we all would have been better informed...

Why thank you for the kind words, although my girlfriend chelseahavoc deserves the credit since she is the one who made it for me.

Honestly, this year Cosplay Chess was kind of a mess. Alternates got way too jumpy and jumped in when they shouldn't, no one really listened, and the battles were just kind of haphazard. It seems like people are trying to turn what should be a fun game into unorganized dribble that anyone in a costume can join in on. Sadly if this keeps up Cosplay Chess might become a thing of the past...

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:33 am »
Was I the only one becoming scared by the fact that people were just <i>giving their weapons</i> to White Mokona?
Scared??? I found it hilarious it was awesome to see white mokona with all those weapons. She just kept getting more and more excited with all those weapons.

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:28 am »
Scared??? I found it hilarious it was awesome to see white mokona with all those weapons. She just kept getting more and more excited with all those weapons.

It was hilarious...last year. This year it went waaaaay too far. It'd be one thing if it was only the other pieces, giving her their weapons once they were taken out or handing her a weapon when she got into a fight. When audience members get up, walk into the middle of the stage(some of which could've damaged the chess board by wearing improper foot wear, but that's beside the point), and interrupt the show just so they can feel special is going too far. At one point it became a safety hazard with Inuyasha's sword! Like I said, if you are a teammate and want to help out then fine, but alternates and audience members who shouldn't even be participating in the game unless summoned should not have anything to do with it.

In short, it's acceptable to a point and this year went to that point, spit in its face, and kept on running.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2011, 11:57:22 am »
@ Neko- I think you were the Riku I was laying on when all the silver haired people died xD But I loved how you took the piece out! It was so Gaara! Gaara with a dolphin noise... my brain just melted

On the weapons thing: It was okay when the Mokona's were getting weapons from our team. Roberta had a suitcase full of them; why not use them? It made sense. Our team had enough weapons for both sides as it was. I ended up giving my weapon to Grell when Jack the Ripper was getting taken out because you can't fight Terra with a pair of safety scissors (Though Madame Red ended up with it). As soon as people came up and gave their weapons to Mokona, it got old fast. Plus, it was an interruption.

Next year, something should be said right before, directed towards everyone: If you are not the pieces involved in the battle, you are not allowed on the board without their permission. This includes alternates. If you get on the board without permission, you will be removed from the room and not allowed to return.That should keep people off.
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2011, 12:07:50 pm »
^exactly what i was thinking! it should just be something announced before anything involving people and the audience being so close.

@blizzara: i love how you just say everything i couldn't remember XD everything was a safety hazard. people stepping on people's clothes, people running on and off the stage when they shouldn't, i was really getting annoyed and just plain angry. but let's just hope security is better and rules are announced at the beginning before hand so this doesn't happen again :3

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »
One thing that bugged me was the pre-meeting. People, we get that you sholudn't grab hair and you shouldn't mess with costumes! So why did we spend 20 minutes talking about it? The statement/questions that made sense were things like you, luvan, who said your weapon was fragile, or like the scarfs being used as magic. Those are important things. People should just know to stay away from wigs and costumes. It is, after all, a con
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »
^exactly what i was thinking! it should just be something announced before anything involving people and the audience being so close.

@blizzara: i love how you just say everything i couldn't remember XD everything was a safety hazard. people stepping on people's clothes, people running on and off the stage when they shouldn't, i was really getting annoyed and just plain angry. but let's just hope security is better and rules are announced at the beginning before hand so this doesn't happen again :3

Hehe, it's what I do lol. Seriously though, safety is the top concern, not how many people we can use in every single match or how awesome of a weapon we can get a Mokona to wield. People seem to take safety as a second to having fun, but in reality they need to be hand in hand.

One thing that bugged me was the pre-meeting. People, we get that you sholudn't grab hair and you shouldn't mess with costumes! So why did we spend 20 minutes talking about it? The statement/questions that made sense were things like you, luvan, who said your weapon was fragile, or like the scarfs being used as magic. Those are important things. People should just know to stay away from wigs and costumes. It is, after all, a con

You'd actually be surprised how quickly people can forget some of that stuff, but at the same time we didn't need to spend that much time on it. A quick reminder is good, a lecture on it is not. The big thing though is making sure these get ENFORCED, not simply mentioned then forgotten.

I actually ended up making a thread on what went wrong and what we can fix if any of you want to check it out.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2011, 12:31:43 pm »
@dark4ever: yeah i know! and yet people weren't obeying those rules! luckily my keyblade didn't break! i got super duper lucky! >.<

@blizzara: yeah and it seems like nobody really cares about anybody else other than their egos, up there sometimes. i really wish we had someone say something when things went out of hand.  and where is this thread >3>

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2011, 12:35:17 pm »
@dark4ever: yeah i know! and yet people weren't obeying those rules! luckily my keyblade didn't break! i got super duper lucky! >.<

@blizzara: yeah and it seems like nobody really cares about anybody else other than their egos, up there sometimes. i really wish we had someone say something when things went out of hand.  and where is this thread >3>

Whoops, forgot to paste the link ^^;

Anyway, here it is.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16039.0

If the link for whatever reason doesn't work, it's titled Cosplay Chess 2011: What Went Wrong and How to Improve under the Cosplay Chess directory

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »
@ Luvan: I was so worried I was going to have to fight you o.o Though I probably could have just creeped you off the board like I did with Link... I really wanted to fight you or Terra... or both >.<

Also, the thing about people running on the board has another issue: The audience can't see anything. It makes it hard on those nearer to the back with only the camera to see. I even had issues and I was in the front row.
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2011, 05:34:04 pm »
they had the camera's filming. so you can see it on the screens. not sure how people could miss that ._.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »
The camera was at an odd angle. I was watching it at one point (I swear I'm borderline add) and all I saw was a pile of fangirls on Japan. I mean, they saw him kill himself, but probably got confused otherwise.
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:44 pm »
interesting. i think they need one towards the stage where the chess masters are, and one where the chess pieces are. live and learn.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »
Yeah, but at least they had a camera. It could have been a lot worse. Maybe they couldn't get another camera?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:24:39 pm by dark4ever »
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »
possibly. i know there were only two, and they were pointing to different angles at some point, but that makes it confusing. x.x

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2011, 07:25:37 pm »
The little video thing? Yeah... though doing that wouldn't be that bad if they had one on the masters and one on the pieces, since then they could have the masters big during a move with a little one of the pieces, and then the pieces big during a fight with the masters as a small. Then it'd feel like sports...
Kumoricon 2019:
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #198 on: September 07, 2011, 08:51:54 pm »
It was hilarious...last year. This year it went waaaaay too far.

Thank you. For those who know AkiCon, it felt like it was close to that disaster, but not quite.

The last time I was in Kcon's chess, it was a lot funnier, more organized, and overall just /better/ (I think this was two years ago). I'm weary about participating in it again...I may just stick to SakuraCon's.

On another note, I thought Wheatley was adorable. =3 Although the game was so long that I could tell the people on stage were running out of witty banter to exchange...
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2011, 08:53:52 pm »
^We tried to make the game go faster...but it was hard with me being an inexperienced master. It also takes forever and a day to make sure every piece gets used before getting annihilated.