Author Topic: Karaoke Sunday Night (Moved from General Discussion Board)  (Read 9612 times)

Offline Sesari

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=sesari
Karaoke Sunday Night (Moved from General Discussion Board)
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:28:41 pm »
So, this is random and kind of a longshot, but in case any of the people who competed in the karaoke contest on Sunday night read the forums, I just wanted to express how dazzled I was by your performances.

I poked my head in looking for something to do between when the Exhibitor's room closed and the dance opened, and thought, "Well, I can sit in here for a while. They shouldn't be too horrible..." and was so incredibly pleasantly surprised with how fantastic you all were. Not only were your voices marvelous, but you picked some of the cutest and / or most beautiful songs I've heard in a while, and the crowd was clearly totally digging your stage presences.

Special props to the two girl who did "Harumonia" by Rythem, and also the Little Slugger cosplayer who did "Treat or Goblins" by Megumi Hayashibara. I tried to compliment you (being the latter) on your voice at the dance, but found that Chris' green-haired friend had 'borrowed' yet another costume! (In addition to the infamous Pyramid-Head-Dating-Game-Madness)

Anyway, I thoroughly and sincerely enjoyed listening to you all sing. Thanks again for sharing your talent with all of us!  :o

Offline iamthesmileyhat

• Cabbit
    • http://rebornangel16.deviantart.com
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 03:58:55 pm »
The Lil' Slugger was the one who did Harmonia, right? That's my friend Sachi..

And then the Pyramid Head is also my friend Spork. XD
I will tell them since I don't know if they come onto the forums.
Inui doesn't REALLY take notes on the other characters in TeniPuri... Oh, no.
He's really writing fanfiction.
SLASHY fanfiction *Winkwink*
BOOKS of it...

Offline LuvNGoldenBlades

• Cabbit
Re: Karaoke Sunday Night (Moved from General Discussion Boar
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 05:04:05 pm »
Quote from: "Sesari"

Special props to the two girl who did "Harumonia" by Rythem, and also the Little Slugger cosplayer who did "Treat or Goblins" by Megumi Hayashibara. I tried to compliment you (being the latter) on your voice at the dance, but found that Chris' green-haired friend had 'borrowed' yet another costume! (In addition to the infamous Pyramid-Head-Dating-Game-Madness)

AHHHH  :oops: Goodness gracious!  ^^; Actually, I had borrowed the costume from a friend of mine, Juumou, and had been wearing it around all the second day.  I'm so happy you liked it!  

Yeeeeeeah...Ahahaha, my dad tried to convince me not to do the Lil' Slugger costume for Karaoke, but I did anyway. Hehehe!  

^^ Yeah, the one who did Treat or Goblins is a friend of mine, Amanda.  I was the Lil' Slugger Harmonia girl. She was dressed as Anthy. :D

:oops:  Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments!

Offline Spork

• Sailor Scout
    • http://8bitoctop.us
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 05:52:46 pm »
Pyramid Head Zoro Bat.  That's me XD;

Will Lift Chris for Food
NO WEENIES!
"Go Going Merry, you're rippin up the Grand Line!"
"FRIED CHICKEN!!"

KumoriCon attendee since '03

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 08:06:28 pm »
Speaking of the Sunday night Karaoke... does anyone have pictures from it? I kinda wanna see how dorky I looked on stage. (I'm the girl who sang the G Gundam song) ^_^; I know I must have looked funny with the headband I made from my other costume's belt.
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
pics from J-idol (Sunday karaoke)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 12:43:53 am »
I'd like to see some pics too from Sunday's karaoke contest of all the contestants, me included.  I was the "man in black."
Anipike.com/Ani-maid productions
cosplayer, reporter
Preparing to make a cosplay comeback...

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 04:38:49 pm »
I have pictures, but unfortunately none of them turned out very well.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
I had to judge it.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 07:16:39 pm »
I was the Karaoke director and judge. Please let me say that this was by far the toughest job I had at the con. I know it sounds completely generic, but everyone did so well, I thought everyone deserved a first. (Good thing there were four judges. Equally wowed judges, I might add.) It really stank to have to choose, though the winners were most certainly deserving.

Things I didn't like -

-having only one hour to judge the auditions. We were super rushed.

-Having the contests lasts only one hour. Did people prefer the short contests? The feedback was that people liked to short separate contests.

-Being up against the dance and the tail end of cosplay for Idol.

-Being upstairs without proper signage.

-Having to be judgemental over people I know. I have been to four cons now, and I make friends at each one. I knew most of the people who were competeing, and had to be constantly aware of my personal bias when judging. (This was not a factor in the final scores. Scores were all over the board between the judges, each of us having different favorites. That's why there were four of us, and judges choice awards)

-Having to leave directly from Idol, running madly to run a discussion on the opposite end of the hotel. I didn't get any open mic time. :(

I LOVED Karaoke Kaizokudan. They made the contest run so smoothly. I regret that I did not have more time to hang out with them. If I have a say, they will be back next year.

Please note that all of these frustrations can be remedied. The biggest help is volunteer staff. So if you want to help karaoke become even more fabulous, please, volunteer.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 11:26:24 pm »
@ Imari

Just let me say, I wouldn't want your job. My respect goes out to you and all the judges, I would have never been able to choose between so many wonderful acts. Infact, I was very shocked when I heard my name called for a place.

I had a wonderful time and hope the karaoke continues to get bigger and better. I've been in it all 3 years and I plan to continue. ^_^
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.