Author Topic: Pen and paper at the con.  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
Pen and paper at the con.
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:27:10 pm »
So I love P&P RPGs but I've only ever played with people that I'm good friends with. I always see that at various cons they have Games being played and I've always been intrigued by the idea of joining a game like that. What are other peoples opinions on the differences. Any advice on playing with people you don't know?

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Pen and paper at the con.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:46:38 am »
I've never played with Pen and paper but I can give you some basic socializing help.
Be nice
Open to trying other people's way of playing
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:38:24 pm »
Pen & paper style is the only kind that I'm familiar with, mainly because it's the only one that makes sense to me.  I don't play too much, but when I do, there are two main things that I always follow: know the character and respect the GM.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:40 pm »
Hey Kumoricon forum goers and staff. How's it going?

I have some information I think you'll find quite interesting. I happen to be aquainted with a gentleman who is the creator of a pen and paper RPG called Apocalypse 2500. It's a post apocalypse meets swords and socerry kind of game. I'm not sure if it's available in any hobby stores but I know it can be ordered on Amazon.com if any of you would be interested in checking it out. Just thoought I'd passs this information along.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:24:37 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline BlackHat

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:27:24 pm »
Does this count as necroposting? Haha.

Anyways, this sounds really interesting! However, I'm not really sure what Pen and Paper is. Could someone fill me in?
Currently working on: Rose Lalonde
No set day order yet for Kumoricon, but tentative cosplay is:
fem!Scout, Rose, Quote
Always open for reworking. Only issues I'm concerned about is Quote's gun and fem!Scout's gun; Never worked with props.

Offline krystir

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:01:25 pm »
Pen and Paper is the traditional style of table top gaming, most popular is Dungeons and Dragons. Generally players make characters and work together to accomplish a goal set forth by another player who runs the world called the Game Master. You can read more about it here.

Mostly I think that table top gaming is great at conventions, but it's important to have a GM ahead of time, who has let people know ahead of time what game they will be playing and what the rules and regulations are (only using certain books, what level, if extra races are available, etc) so that everyone is ready at the same time. That way you can spend more time playing and less time making characters!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »
Sometimes there are BESM games, too.  The characters are already pre-determined, so that takes care of the getting characters ready thing.  However, as a 2 time BESM GM at Kumori-con, the main problem is getting enough players and hoping that they're familiar enough with the series to know how to play the characters.  I'm debating whether or not to bring another one back.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline BlackHat

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 06:57:03 am »
Oh! I play DnD, haha. Thinking about it, I don't know why I didn't think of it. Thanks!
Currently working on: Rose Lalonde
No set day order yet for Kumoricon, but tentative cosplay is:
fem!Scout, Rose, Quote
Always open for reworking. Only issues I'm concerned about is Quote's gun and fem!Scout's gun; Never worked with props.