Bento and other import Japanese items
8 (19%)
More cosplay stuff
6 (14.3%)
More variety overall
15 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: December 18, 2009, 04:07:39 pm

Author Topic: Dealer's Room - What Do You Want To See?  (Read 44800 times)

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
Re: Dealer's Room - What Do You Want To See?
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »
I wouldn't mind some cute backpacks and also some pc games :P

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 09:42:29 pm »
More assorted Japanese candies & food such as Gummi Chocos & Bento Boxes...didn't see them last year. I always have to get my fill during Sakura-con.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 02:12:34 am »
Dealer's Hall is now about 60% reserved.  If people know of any specific vendors they want me to approach, now is a good time to let me know.  A couple people contacted me asking me to add certain names to the announce list and I have done so. 

I think I've been able to meet at least a few of your requests for items with some of the new vendors :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:50 pm »
I shop for merchandise from oldies animes, and cheap manga specials. Also maybe some homemade one of a kind goodies.

Cause honestly everything else I can order online for cheaper.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 11:57:22 pm »
I shop for merchandise from oldies animes, and cheap manga specials. Also maybe some homemade one of a kind goodies.

We increased Artist Alley from 20 booths to 26, so that should mean a significant increase in homemade stuff. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:49 am »

We increased Artist Alley from 20 booths to 26, so that should mean a significant increase in homemade stuff. 

Sweeeeeeet :D

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 01:52:15 pm »
Umm, by the way do you think you could get in there someone who makes Asain-style hats. You know the kind that look like the roof of a grain silo.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:01 pm »
As strange as this might sound, I really enjoy seeing vendors that don't have anime-related stuff. When I walk through the dealer's room I've already been there, seen that with the anime merch. I love seeing booths that are diverse, including artist alley items. I'd love to see stuff from popular movies and whatnot.

Aside from that I like seeing plushies.. >> And adorable things in general..

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2010, 08:17:08 pm »
Practically the only reason I go to cons is for the yaoi. I buy at least $200 worth of yaoi manga, so I'm hoping that guy who is always there that sells it, can't remember the name but I believe he's from cali??, will be at kumori con again. Everything else I'm not into, lol.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2010, 12:22:43 am »
Oh, I would be filled with much happiness if they sold bento boxes!
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline ChibiGrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2010, 09:56:04 pm »
I think serval good vendors would be wig vendors, contact lens vendors, and japanese fashion vendors.

As far as companies to do this, I still need to research. But I know for contacts Exotic Lenses had a booth at SaukraCon and sold very high quailty lenses. http://www.exoticlenses.com/store/

I understand wig vendors are more difficult to come by, but I'll look around a bit.

But I definitly hope someone (if not me) finds a vendor for japanese fashion! I want to indulge myself in kimonos and yukatas! I want to find a cute lolita dress! And I definitly want to shock my parents with some V-Kei!
Hahaha. Point being, I want japanese clothing. XD
~Kumoricon 2011~
Ciel Phantomhive
Vincent Valentine
Oz Vessalius (Maybe)

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »

Fanart stuff is definitly allowed in Artist Alley.  

I know that J-Box sends buyers to Japan and they just buy up stuff over there and bring it back.  Outside of that I don't know.  Some things like kitty-hats and stuff are just made here by small groups.  

so if i were to make Stained Glass anime merchandise I could sell them in the artist ally? Because i really want to have a table and sell stained glass anime characters.

Offline vineboy33

• Cabbit
    • Oregon J-Rock fan page
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 10:39:50 pm »
I would love to see some more J rock and J pop venders. The more music the better. J rock and visual kei clothes would also be cool to see.
NYAPPY

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »
;D I have to ask.  ;D
Could you please please please bring in more food vendors that carry imported Japanese foods? I only saw one this past year and they ran out of stuff so fast I couldn't get anything.
Also I would love it if you were to bring the people who made the custom vampire teeth back, I think they would be very popular ^^ 
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2010, 11:43:04 pm »

Fanart stuff is definitly allowed in Artist Alley.  

I know that J-Box sends buyers to Japan and they just buy up stuff over there and bring it back.  Outside of that I don't know.  Some things like kitty-hats and stuff are just made here by small groups.  

so if i were to make Stained Glass anime merchandise I could sell them in the artist ally? Because i really want to have a table and sell stained glass anime characters.

I was totally considering doing a stained glass table sometime. o.o

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:26 pm »
I wanna see more manga tables with the good stuff! Like LIFE or some vendors with good CHEAP shirts to buy

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2010, 12:24:51 am »
I would honestly like to see more fanworks - not necessarily of already made characters, but stories and art and webcomics/books that people make themselves.

I also would like to try to get a booth this year, because I didn't get a chance last year :/
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Rei

• Oni
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 10:45:57 am »
I'm wondering if there will be any US companies in the dealer's room selling brand lolita clothing? Such as Tokyo Rebel or Harajuku Hearts, just as an example. Does anyone know this? I'm curious about brand clothing, not handmade goods by other artists, specifically.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 05:01:59 pm »
I'm wondering if there will be any US companies in the dealer's room selling brand lolita clothing? Such as Tokyo Rebel or Harajuku Hearts, just as an example. Does anyone know this? I'm curious about brand clothing, not handmade goods by other artists, specifically.
Not likely, considering the small market they'd have here.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2010, 09:40:39 am »
I think serval good vendors would be wig vendors, contact lens vendors, and japanese fashion vendors.

As far as companies to do this, I still need to research. But I know for contacts Exotic Lenses had a booth at SaukraCon and sold very high quailty lenses. http://www.exoticlenses.com/store/

I understand wig vendors are more difficult to come by, but I'll look around a bit.

But I definitly hope someone (if not me) finds a vendor for japanese fashion! I want to indulge myself in kimonos and yukatas! I want to find a cute lolita dress! And I definitly want to shock my parents with some V-Kei!
+1
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline stearson

• Oni
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2010, 11:40:07 pm »
Does Anyone know when the 2010 dealer's list is going to be posted? and If so Can someone send me a copy???? Please and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2010, 03:13:57 pm »
I would like to bring my costume weapons back for 2010. I was there at 2008 and I have been at Sakuracon for many years. The last year or so I have been having family issues, which are now lax enough for me to rejoin the con circuit.

Creative cosplay
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline Scot G Russian

• Oni
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »
I'd like to see the Anime Pavilion.  I've loved how they do business and they've been a part of my experience at Kumoricon the last 6 years i've gone.  They also offer great deals and are very friendly and can be chatty.
If you mean content as well, i'd like to see Figures and other fan merchandise.  DVDs can be overrated and cost too much for what it's worth.  I usually find them for cheap online or find them at a pawn shop.
Wall scrolls and etc are rare outside of cons so bringing in merchandise and the Anime Pavilion would make this year phenomenal!

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2011, 12:44:22 pm »
I forgot if I already posted this, but there was a HUGE figure booth last year, which I deeply enjoyed. o.o I'd love to see them, or a booth similar.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »
I would like to see more Japanese food and candy. Not just the stuff Uwjamaya has but like the stuff  anime asylum gets, the last time I was there they had Ginger Ale Kit-Kat's and other Japanese imported Foods/Flavors that you can't get off the shelf.

I would also like to see some more clothes/costumes not just t-shirts and cloaks - like kimonos, shoes and Lolita.

Also if you could find a vender who sells Yaoi stuff not just books but pc games and other stuff that is hard to get unless purchesed online. I saw a vendor like that at K-con when it was in Washington but haven't seen another. 

I think youre right. My first Sakuracon, I got LOTS of yaoi things, and when I went to K-con for the first time in 07 I was slightly sad to see they didnt have a lot. More yaoi and yuri would be nice. And more food would be great. I know here in Bend we have Wabi Sabi and they have a lot of different flavors of Ramune and Pocky that Ive never seen. Like pumpkin! My god that stuff is amazing lol It would be great if they ended up having a booth at Kumoricon this year. Maybe I could talk the owner into it lol I k now they have the Kit Kats you mentioned, I just bought some. And they have a lot of different candies i think youd like.

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »
I would personally like to see more character goods, such as plushies. I'd especially like to see some CLAMP stuff as I didn't see much last year. I would be nice to see souleater stuff also
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2011, 02:13:25 pm »
Cheaper manga.  ;D

I ALWAYS go for the manga sales- so if you want my money, lower the price of the manga.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2011, 12:49:20 am »
Would anybody be interested in older goods that you can't find any more? Especially toys.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2011, 11:31:13 am »
Would anybody be interested in older goods that you can't find any more? Especially toys.

I also vote for more older goods! Especially older manga series that you cannot find in your average bookstore anymore!!!

Also I would like to see more diverse styles of doujinshi! (There's more than hentai and yaoi out there, fangirls. And I'm obviously talking about different pop cultural subjects here. :'()

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for those stores that have mystery bags, especially the dvd-oriented ones.  You want my money?  Sell me a surprise!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2011, 11:21:01 am »
If anyone can tell Uwajimaya to bring loads of stationary that'd be great!
I love cute note pads, pens, stickers, calendars, pencil bags.
Fashion magazine (Egg, Nuts, etc), Deco/craft magazines, nail magazines.

I love to see people making home-made things! Pastries a few years back, others make Deco items, home made hats, cell phone charms or small jewelry peices. I'd rather buy those things from local people than mass made in china :3

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2011, 03:11:17 pm »

+1
I agree.
Especially the wig and contact lenses. that way if someone gets the costume in the dealers hall they can get the wig and contacts too. ^_^ and Japanese clothing is hard to find but so awesome. Im kind of looking towards kimonos and hakamas mostly, lol.
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 08:37:25 pm »
If anyone can tell Uwajimaya to bring loads of stationary that'd be great!
I love cute note pads, pens, stickers, calendars, pencil bags.
Fashion magazine (Egg, Nuts, etc), Deco/craft magazines, nail magazines.

That would be Kinokuniya, not Uwajimaya.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 pm »

+1
I agree.
Especially the wig and contact lenses. that way if someone gets the costume in the dealers hall they can get the wig and contacts too. ^_^ and Japanese clothing is hard to find but so awesome. Im kind of looking towards kimonos and hakamas mostly, lol.

+2 to that I love that idea

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2011, 12:13:42 am »
DOUJINSHI!! Figures, and key chain/phone charms.
I'm on a mission to get a phone charm this year and I can't stay away from doujinshi.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2011, 10:31:18 am »
I'd like to see more music-specific vendors.

More specifically, there was one vendor who I saw in 2006 and 2007 who always stood out as the only music vendor present in those years. I'm sure anyone can tell who I'm talking about (I just don't remember the vendor's name). This is the booth that always had J-Rock playing, lots of Visual Kei posters, stuff like that. I loved it and always spent a good deal of money there, but have since not seen any vendors who specialize in music.

I personally would love to see more J-Rock merch =.= I believe someone did say this before but I looked through the music places too and only found Gackt >=| THAT GUY WAS EVERYWHERE!!!! It drove me nuts xDD

Yeah but I'm a major J-rock fan and I would love to see more of it at the con~ ^^ Oh and Japanese imported stuff too~ ^-~ Like from the popular fashions like Lolita, Decora, V-Kei and Oshare, etc. ^^

And I second the whole bento boxes and house hold stuff like that~

Any chance at us getting at least one music-specific vendor this year? I know there are several, at least, who would love to see it and peruse their wares.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2011, 09:07:13 pm »
As long as the comic cellar is there, I will be going. I literally come for that vender. <3

Offline nerdtastic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2011, 11:49:27 pm »
Looks like Shikyo isn't going to be too happy this year...Well, neither am I. Pft. 20 dealers.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2011, 12:05:35 am »
More then 20 dealers..

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2011, 12:16:44 am »
I want to see dealers that is all and I have my wish :3

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2011, 12:18:10 am »
I want to see dealers that is all and I have my wish :3

This.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:23 am »
I want to see more than 20 dealers.......... >:(

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2011, 03:46:32 pm »
Does anyone know where I could buy some good quality bento boxes for good prices? And please dont tell me ebay, cuz last time I got something off there they took my money.

I got one from the saniro store, but its not very big. Id like one that can fit 4 or 5 lunches in it.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »
Does anyone know where I could buy some good quality bento boxes for good prices? And please dont tell me ebay, cuz last time I got something off there they took my money.

I got one from the saniro store, but its not very big. Id like one that can fit 4 or 5 lunches in it.

Well i know i've seen bento boxes at Uwajimaya, but i'm unsure about how big their sizes get considering i only looked at a couple of them.