Author Topic: Disko Warp Presents SPEED UP!! + Kumoricon Official Pre-Party @ Pop Culture!  (Read 16216 times)

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Last year Disko Warp started the tradition of throwing a Kumoricon pre-party on Friday night before the con starts for the locals + anybody getting into town on Friday. The party at Ground Kontrol was a huge success, so we've decided to do it again. However, since we're in Vancouver this year, we've found an awesome space not to far from the Hilton that is ALL AGES!!! YES, we're having this year's pre-party at POP CULTURE! Come party with us and get psyched up for the con - happy hardcore, anime remix and j-dance tunes all night with Initial P from Disko Warp! We'll also have giant screen Super Puzzle Fighter on the projector AND you can meet Gosha (animator of Oh Oh Oh Sexy Vampire, Less Than Three and more!). We'll also have a Disko Warp photo booth, so come show off a fun cosplay or get your pics taken with your friends!

The Facebook event page is here - PLEASE RSVP! https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=264945120182195

Here's all the details:

Disk Warp Presents
SPEED UP!! Episode 1
+Kumoricon 2011 Official Pre-Party

Music by Initial P
(Disko Warp/Anime Love Hardcore)

Happy hardcore + Eurobeat + Anime Remix + J-electro!!!

With Special Guest Gosha!
Puzzle Fighter + Asian Snacks + Photo Booth

Cosplay encouraged!

@ Pop Culture
1929 Main Street, Vancouver, WA
Friday, September 2nd, 8PM
All Ages, $5

www.drinkpopculture.com
www.diskowarp.com
www.facebook.com/diskowarpmusic

UPDATE: The Red Lion is kindly providing a courtesy shuttle to Pop Culture at 8pm and 8:30pm. It will pick up at the turnaround by the main doors of the Red Lion. These seats are offered on a first come first serve basis and space is VERY limited as the bus only seats 8. Therefore we ask that you please offer the shuttle seats first to those people with disabilities or women who would otherwise be walking alone. Please also note that the shuttle will be delayed if they need to make any trips to the airport. If you have any questions about this please drop an email to mailbox@diskowarp.com - thanks!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:18:57 pm by Initial P »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Finally one that's all ages!  This is gonna be booooooombdiggity.  Day 0's gonna own :D
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
Cool cause I have 5 minors in tow and I'm sure they will want to go!!

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
Sounds awesome, last year was my first kumoricon (and anime convention), it was fun as I went with some friends. But this year will be my first year cosplaying and I can attend this pre-party. (I'm 15, 16 in October) What kind of asian snacks? I'd enjoy ramune and pocky.  Anyways hope to see ya there. (I'll be Canada from Hetalia, on the tall/heavy side.)

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Can't wait to see you guys there!

Be sure to RSVP on Facebook if you're attending: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=264945120182195

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
I RSVP'd as maybe. My friends and I are still working on plans, but hopefully we can go to this.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
I'm so going!!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
I went last year and it was so much fun cant wait for day zero this year :D
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
We're just 10 days away from K-con day zero and SPEED UP!! at Pop Culture!

We'll have a photobooth set up outside, so I wanna see some cosplays!

Flyers are up all over town, and if you want to grab a stack of flyers to help spread the word, hit me up and I'll see about getting you some

Be sure to RSVP and invite your friends via the Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=264945120182195

You can find more info on Disko Warp here: https://www.facebook.com/diskowarpmusic and http://www.diskowarp.com!!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
THIS WILL BE SWEET

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline hikaruxhibiscus

• Oni
I know it's an oldy but Born To Hand Jive or Grease Lightning would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
I'm so excited for this! Cannot wait.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
I agree with Born to Hand Jive!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
I third that motion. It is always fun to see who can actually hand jive
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
So, wait, we have to RSVP and pay $5 to get in?

Will the regular Pop Culture menu be available?  I'd really like to have a Pecos Bill...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
What sort of music will you be playing. I'd enjoy some J-pop or songs from animes/video games.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
1) You don't have to RSVP for the party, I'm just asking people to respond on the Facebook invite so I can get some kind of vague headcount for how many people will be there :)

2) Yes, it's a separate event hosted by Disko Warp and Pop Culture, and it's $5

3) Yes they'll have their regular menu available

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
I know it's an oldy but Born To Hand Jive or Grease Lightning would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Did you guys mean to post this in the Sunday music request thread? :)

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
What sort of music will you be playing. I'd enjoy some J-pop or songs from animes/video games.

Happy hardcore + eurobeat + anime remix + j-electro

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl

Will the regular Pop Culture menu be available?  I'd really like to have a Pecos Bill...

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
For the handful of us who don't have Facebook and therefore can't see the event page, what time does it start?  :)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
I went to double check, it says

Friday, September 2 at 8:00pm to 12:00am

but then lower on the same page it says

Friday, September 2nd, 9PM

So I don't know anymore
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
I went to double check, it says

Friday, September 2 at 8:00pm to 12:00am

but then lower on the same page it says

Friday, September 2nd, 9PM

So I don't know anymore

Sorry for the error on the facebook event, it starts at 8PM just like it says on the flyer :) Thanks for the heads up

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Okay it starts at 8pm.

And fyi, to anyone who hasn't been to pop culture, they sell glass bottle/hard to find sodas.  Very much the yum

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Thankyas for the help. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl

...so my issue is worth ignoring?  Thanks a bunch. >:(

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Will the regular Pop Culture menu be available?  I'd really like to have a Pecos Bill...

Washy chill
 it was answered I guess you didn't see it

1) You don't have to RSVP for the party, I'm just asking people to respond on the Facebook invite so I can get some kind of vague headcount for how many people will be there :)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:58:32 pm by superjaz »

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout

Will the regular Pop Culture menu be available?  I'd really like to have a Pecos Bill...

...so my issue is worth ignoring?  Thanks a bunch. >:(

I already answered previously in the thread here:

:)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:13:34 pm by Initial P »

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
Could someone please provide a brief menu of pop culture, and like if they're expensive or not. If I brought like 5 bucks, would that be enough for food? (and of course the entry fee for the party)

Offline Ghost

• Cabbit
Here's a direct link to their menu:
http://www.drinkpopculture.com/food.htm
It look's like $10 might be a better amount to bring to give you the most freedom in your choices or allow multiple drinks throughout the party.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
The guy from Pop Culture also told me they'd have Ramune on hand and possibly pocky and other things for sale as well, but I don't know about cost

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl

If that's the case, then why does it say you need to RSVP on facebook in the very first post?  That's misleading.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout

If that's the case, then why does it say you need to RSVP on facebook in the very first post?  That's misleading.

Sorry if you thought it was required - this is a pretty standard practice for events to ask guests to mark if they are coming on Facebook so we can get a rough idea of how many people are coming. It's not a requirement for attending, and it doesn't say that you need so - I just says to please do :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl

Sorry if you thought it was required - this is a pretty standard practice for events to ask guests to mark if they are coming on Facebook so we can get a rough idea of how many people are coming. It's not a requirement for attending, and it doesn't say that you need so - I just says to please do :)

Still, saying RSVP makes it sound mandatory.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
It could indeed be read as inferring that, and I'm sure they would prefer that people RSVP if they can so that they have an idea how many to plan for. But if Initial P says you don't have to, then I'd guess you don't have to. :)

~~~

Thank you for clearing that up, by the way... and the more I hear about this from different people (not just here), the more I wish I weren't going to be insanely busy. It sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Still, saying RSVP makes it sound mandatory.

It says "Please RSVP" - that's a request, not a demand :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
^ Putting "please" in front of it doesn't make it sound as if it's not required.  People ask people to RSVP for weddings and other events all of the time.  If it's not mandatory, then a phrase such as "Please indicate if you're interested" instead of "Please RSVP" would be more fitting.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
UPDATE: The Red Lion is kindly providing a courtesy shuttle to Pop Culture at 8pm and 8:30pm. It will pick up at the turnaround by the main doors of the Red Lion. These seats are offered on a first come first serve basis and space is VERY limited as the bus only seats 8. Therefore we ask that you please offer the shuttle seats first to those people with disabilities or women who would otherwise be walking alone. Please also note that the shuttle will be delayed if they need to make any trips to the airport. If you have any questions about this please drop an email to mailbox@diskowarp.com - thanks!

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
I went to Pop Culture today to do a check-in, and I can happily say they are well-stocked on Ramune :)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl

Thats really cool, and I know if I was able to go *will be at vip desk  like first day o-1 of con* I would so take advantage of this being preggers.
I made sure to inform the vips of the party.  
If I get a chance I will stop by earlier and snag a soda.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:33:28 pm by superjaz »

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout

Thats really cool, and I know if I was able to go *will be at vip desk  like first day o-1 of con* I would so take advantage of this being preggers.
I made sure to inform the vips of the party.  
If I get a chance I will stop by earlier and snag a soda.

Yeah! I thought it was nice of the Red Lion to offer that. And YES the soda selection there is incredible... WOW! They even have Cactus Cooler....

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Disko Warp Presents SPEED UP!! + Kumoricon Official Pre-Party @ Pop Culture!
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »
I went to Pop Culture today to do a check-in, and I can happily say they are well-stocked on Ramune :)

They usually are, and adding this con to the mix would mean that they'd want to extra stock on this product.

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
Re: Disko Warp Presents SPEED UP!! + Kumoricon Official Pre-Party @ Pop Culture!
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »
cannot wait! I'm so excited.

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 11:25:36 am »
I'm so excited for this!!! Let's kick off Kumoricon right and make the first SPEED UP!! party a success! See you all tonight!

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 02:57:43 am »
THANK YOU everyone who came out tonight and made the first SPEED UP!! party a huge success for Disko Warp! I had a great time and it was lovely to see you all there! NOW, let's have an awesome con!!!!

Offline kimll

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 09:08:11 pm »
I was the man wearing the school girl costume and came with the ninja! Did anybody see me? We were trying to BUST SOME MOVES!

Offline Graz

• Oni
    • Graz Official Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 09:52:59 pm »
I was the man wearing the school girl costume and came with the ninja! Did anybody see me? We were trying to BUST SOME MOVES!

LOL, most awesome vague description ever.
SOCIAL NETWORK THINGIES:
FACEBOOK / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / BANDCAMP

Offline kimll

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2011, 09:54:26 pm »
I was trying my best. haha

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 02:38:29 pm »
awesome pre-party! I was Canada