Author Topic: Kumoricon '11 Saturday Night Electronic Music Dance Presented by Disko Warp!  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Here's the line up for the Saturday night dance! Rad beats from the hardest working DJ's in Portland's underground + 2 special guests from Seattle! Happy hardcore, speed, hi-nrg, eurobeat, breakcore and electro! YEAH!

KID KABOOM
(Nubreed / The Underground Heroes / Tap Tap / Beat Affinity) - SEA

INITIAL P
(Disko Warp / Anime Love Hardcore) - PDX

Pete Ellison, aka Intial P, boss and producer of cult favorite hi-nrg record label Disko Warp, likes it cute, fast and hard. Pete has a list of production, songwriting and remix credits as long as his arm:  explosive YouTube hits "Oh Oh Oh Sexy Vampire" by Fright Ranger and "Less Than Three" by Becky, penning the comeback single "Doki Doki" for Swedish bubblegum group Smile.dk, remixes for Canadian eurodance duo Melody & Mezzo, and production for Pony Canyon's Japanese CD series Hapikoa*Speed. In 2011, Initial P & Disko Warp are ushering in a new era of hi-nrg sounds with their signature compilation series Speedisko.

Initial P has also been working hard to bridge the gap between electronic music and anime culture. In addition to producing 2010's "Disko Warp Presents Anime Love Hardcore" album of remixed anime themes, he's also a resident DJ at both Portland's Kumoricon and Seattle's Sakuracon anime conventions. With appearances now lined up at Toronto's Atomic Lollipop and DC's Katsucon, Initial P is on a mission to spread Disko Warp's unique style outside of the northwest.

GRAZ
(Reactionary / Donut Nook / Breakpop) - SEA

Rapid-Fire-Amen-Infused-Mashcore Federally Certified to Crush any Party, Graz is here to take you to Bootleg Babylon. His glitched out high-speed rave rendition of radio's yesteryear are the perfect blend to get any crowd bobbing. Graz, a Seattle local, has shared the stage with breakcore legends such as Mochipet and Bong-Ra bringing his unique blend of pop and chop to the masses. Prepare for the true sounds of the plunderground.

LITTLE TERROR
(Reactionary / Funshine) - PDX

JESIAH!
(Chickenhed) - PDX

Raised on the mean streets of Geisenheimenluftenschteinwurst, Jesiah has lived a prolific life of shnitzel pounding and lederhosen de-pantsing. He began appreciating music at the age of 3 and despite popular culture's best efforts, remains a steadfast proponent of even the most trite melodic compositions. This unique perspective on life has given him a singular vision for bangin' 4-bit, electro-geezer tunage that will do no less than blow your mind into a bliss bomb of sonic rapture!

Follow us!:
www.facebook.com/diskowarpmusic
www.twitter.com/diskowarpmusic

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Here's the Facebook event! Please RSVP!

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=252036464820271

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Is there any way staff could sticky this post for me so people can see the line up? Thanks!

Offline That Young Hooligan

• Cabbit
Will this be an all ages event?
Ever foudn yourself up far too early on a monday? I suggest tuning your Radio box to 90.7 FM and listening in to 'Them Young Hooligans'. Music, chitty-chat and various geeky subjects.

Also known as "One of the better things to do at 3 AM."

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
It's all ages from 10-12, then 18+ from 12-3!

• Cabbit
18+ halfway through? Aww yeah!
Ever foudn yourself up far too early on a monday? I suggest tuning your Radio box to 90.7 FM and listening in to 'Them Young Hooligans'. Music, chitty-chat and various geeky subjects.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Going there in my PJs and a ton of glow sticks xD

• Cabbit
Going there in my PJs and a ton of glow sticks xD

PJ's will be pretty darn hot at a dance. I myself will be going in my Gonzo suit and an enhanced state of mind.

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Its moments like this i cant wait wait to be over 18 XD but i'm goin' as long as i can in my kitty rave outfit (tutu, fishnet, legwarmers, ears/tail, & kandi. good stuff like that~)

Is there going to be an awesome rave sunday too?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:24:50 am by devyrae »
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline Initial P

• Sailor Scout
Its moments like this i cant wait wait to be over 18 XD but i'm goin' as long as i can in my kitty rave outfit (tutu, fishnet, legwarmers, ears/tail, & kandi. good stuff like that~)

Is there going to be an awesome rave sunday too?

Yup there's a dance on Sunday night too, but Disko Warp is just doing Saturday night. There's a separate thread for Sunday's dance http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=15684.0 :)

Offline Graz

• Oni
    • Graz Official Facebook
Re: Kumoricon '11 Saturday Night Electronic Music Dance Presented by Disko Warp!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:59:21 pm »
Had a blast playing, meeting and hanging out with all of you. Biggups to the folks that were break-dancing and hopping about during my whole set, you folks make it worth it. More ups to the people who came by the booth both nights and either had a good chat or bought stuff, boothing at cons are by far my favorite and loved everyone's feedback. Now lets all recover :P
SOCIAL NETWORK THINGIES:
FACEBOOK / SOUNDCLOUD / TWITTER / BANDCAMP