Author Topic: Cuddly Cosplay (Cosplay for BJDs, dolls, stuffed animals, etc)  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Attention plushies and dolls!
Kon wants *YOU*  for "Cuddly Cosplay"

Do you have a plushie that's been begging for a chance to appear on stage? A teddy bear ready to emote as Ichigo from Bleach, or perhaps My Shinigami Pony? Give it the opportunity to strut! It's a cheesy cosplay presentation just for them!

Make an outfit for the plushie, stuffed animal, Ball Jointed Doll, or other doll. Provide documentation if you think it would help. We may actually have a sound system for CDs and a "followspot" flashlight. If you forget to bring music, you may sing, speak,  or the audience may provide random sound effects at their whim.

There will not be tech rehearsal. If you have a group, contact director and we'll think of something. Stage size will be whatever table we can confiscate in the room we get.

Rules:
Stuffed animal, Doll, or BJD must be dressed; no costume is no costume.
Presenter must be inconspicuous (in Japan puppeteers wear all black -- Ninja costume time!!)
Time limit - 45 seconds; no stage hogging!
Further rules TBA as they occur to us.

Prizes to be awarded based upon number of entries in each doll type and selection of prizes provided to coordinator.

Cuddly Cosplay will be held on MONDAY afternoon (I think...check schedule to be certain)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:10:48 pm by Runa »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: Cuddly Cosplay (Cosplay for BJDs, dolls, stuffed animals, etc)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:11:19 pm »
Please be sure to bring your cosplaying dolls and stuffed animals. Remind your friends to bring theirs!

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:50 pm »
...I love this idea. I have enough scraps left over, I think I'm going to make my stuffed rabbit a Sailor Uranus costume.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 06:33:38 pm »
...I love this idea. I have enough scraps left over, I think I'm going to make my stuffed rabbit a Sailor Uranus costume.

AWESOME!!!

Remember: the COSTUME for the stuffed animal/doll must be created, but the doll doesn't have to be created by you.
There will be a "division" for the entrants who create both the stuffed animal AND the costume for it!!
(Why? because creating a beautiful costume for an existing doll vs creating your own stuffie AND a costume for it are two completely different exercises)
YES, you CAN enter as many "entrants" as you wish...

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 08:00:36 pm »
Oh god this sounds adorible! I'm so going to do this ^^ I have a question though, do we have to wear all black or..?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 11:56:37 am »
Oh god this sounds adorible! I'm so going to do this ^^ I have a question though, do we have to wear all black or..?

You can wear whatever you want. I just suggest the bunraku puppeteer costume (all black) because it's traditional. We don't really pay attention to the "owners". This cosplay competition is all about the dolls & plushies.  (we MIGHT give extra points for you wearing same outfit as your doll....)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »

You can wear whatever you want. I just suggest the bunraku puppeteer costume (all black) because it's traditional. We don't really pay attention to the "owners". This cosplay competition is all about the dolls & plushies.  (we MIGHT give extra points for you wearing same outfit as your doll....)

Alright, thanks ^^ Yeah, the only clothes that i'm going to bring this year are costumes and PJs.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »
Again, please remember to make costumes for your  dolls / stuffed animals / plushies and bring them to Kumoricon to show off during Cuddly Cosplay   :D

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:16:31 pm »
Given that there were exactly ZERO entries this year, I'm thinking of NOT doing this again in 2012..... :'(

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:29:34 pm »
Aww, man! I was so planning on doing this but I had sewing machine problems like whoa. I'm sorry that happened, it was a really cool idea.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:12 pm »
Id like to try this. Maybe instead of having an offical contest for it, we could just have fun with it. Maybe share ideas and such

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 12:59:43 am »
I was on time to present my entry but I was the only one who showed up there. Hoping to spread the word for next year more.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi