Author Topic: 'Them Young Hooligans' presents, The Kumoricon show.  (Read 5435 times)

Offline That Young Hooligan

• Cabbit
'Them Young Hooligans' presents, The Kumoricon show.
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:51:51 pm »
Come the morning of September the fifth, I assume some of you folks will still be awake. Whether it's from slamming back too much caffeine during the convention or dipping too far into an alcoholic swimming pool, you're going to need something to keep yourself entertained and ready for the next day of the convention.

'Them Young Hooligans' are here to help.

'Them Young Hooligans' is a weekly radio show produced by myself and my dedicated co-host. Swearing off sleep, we take to the radio waves each Monday morning at 3 A.M to bring Portland and the surrounding area one of the nerdiest and class filled* broadcasts that will ever grace your ears. The show is a mixture of sleep deprived rambling, music and the occasional piece of radio theater only a KBOO show can deliver.

Now that I've covered what exactly the show is, what can you expect from the fifth of September show? The good folks at Kumoricon PR were generous enough to grant my co-host and I each a press pass to the convention, which will allow us to run about aimlessly and report on whatever tickles our fancy. Expect interviews from cosplayers and congoers alike, commentary on the convention, all sorts of Anime and vidya' game music to listen to throughout the night and an interview with a currently unconfirmed source.

Want to be part of the show aswell? It's simple. Drop us an email at 'Thatyounghooligan@yahoo.com' with music requests, topics to cover or even if you want to come on the show and contribute**.

"Hey, can you play that one song about Tokyo and Godzilla?"
                                                                 -Weird old drunk guy

'Them Young Hooligans'
Monday mornings from 3:00 A.M to 5:30 A.M
KBOO community radio 90.7 FM
www.kboo.fm

*heh, class.
**Seriously, talk to us early enough and you can join us for the madness.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:53:41 pm by That Young Hooligan »
Ever foudn yourself up far too early on a monday? I suggest tuning your Radio box to 90.7 FM and listening in to 'Them Young Hooligans'. Music, chitty-chat and various geeky subjects.

Also known as "One of the better things to do at 3 AM."

• Cabbit
Re: 'Them Young Hooligans' presents, The Kumoricon show.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:34:11 pm »
The first of our pre-recorded pieces was finished tonight after a few hours of hard work. 'used Mobile suit dealership' can be heard on monday the fifth, along with a few others we have planned.
Ever foudn yourself up far too early on a monday? I suggest tuning your Radio box to 90.7 FM and listening in to 'Them Young Hooligans'. Music, chitty-chat and various geeky subjects.

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »
This sounds so cool  ;D

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:18 am »
This sounds so cool  ;D

It will be most excellent! My co-host and I have been putting a ton of effort into this show.

And if anyone has any Japanese/Anime/Vidya Game music requests, let us know in this thread and we will be sure to put them on the playlist!

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 12:16:33 am »
Pre-recorded piece number two is done. "Animation-Transmorphication-Newification"

I may slap it up on youtube as a preview for the show.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:35:58 am »
I live in Eugene. Is there a way I can hear this retroactively? Was it recorded? Archived?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:11 pm »
I live in Eugene. Is there a way I can hear this retroactively? Was it recorded? Archived?

Due to legal issues KBOO cannot put most of the music shows in an archive. I have a personal copy of the show and anyone else who may have recorded it, but thats about it. ON THE OTHER HAND! I'll be putting up our pieces of radio theater we made for the show and link them to this thread, so you can at least hear our funny pre-recorded bits in the next few days.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 09:08:48 am »

Due to legal issues KBOO cannot put most of the music shows in an archive. I have a personal copy of the show and anyone else who may have recorded it, but thats about it. ON THE OTHER HAND! I'll be putting up our pieces of radio theater we made for the show and link them to this thread, so you can at least hear our funny pre-recorded bits in the next few days.

Cool...I was hoping to hear Ally :D
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:34 pm »
Alright folks, I took the time our of my busy* day to upload the pre-recorded pieces we made for the Kumoricon show. Read into the descriptions for a bit of context. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as we did making them!

http://soundcloud.com/that-young-hooligan