Author Topic: U.S.West Coast Taekwondo Demonstration Ideas  (Read 2368 times)

Offline kimll

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
U.S.West Coast Taekwondo Demonstration Ideas
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:43:44 pm »
Hello everybody! This is one of the leaders from the PTDT (Portland Taekwondo Demonstration Team) We had a blast last year during our performance at the 2010 Kumoricon and are working hard to make this year EVEN BETTER! Kumoricon is not only PTDT's birthplace, but our favorite demonstration venue as well! Our members young and old love the atmosphere and the energy at this convention and want to give our beloved kumoricon audience the show they deserve! We love audience interaction and want to know what YOU GUYS WANT TO DO! Give us some ideas on how we can make this year even more spectacular. As long as it is safe and parallel with the liability restrictions of the hotel, there is a great chance your idea will be put into the agenda! Hope to hear your input!

- Thath (James) Kim (PTDT)

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
Re: U.S.West Coast Taekwondo Demonstration Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:51:40 am »
I think it would be cool if you acutally taught some of the audience members some of the basic moves like bring them into the center and teach them some basic moves. It would be lots of fun to watch especially with people in cosplay trying to do basic moves as long as their cosplay outfit allow them to move.  If you did this i would totally participate.

Offline kimll

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »
Thank you for your imput, if you have any other suggestions - keep them coming!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:53:28 am »
I might be mixing my martial arts but do you break the pieces of wood in half?  If so you should have magic markers and sign them and offer to audience members.  I remember a demo doing this when I was like 10 and kids who got some thought they were really cool, and a free souvenirs is a free souvenir.

Also I don't know if you do this already, but fliers of where classes can be taken in case some on wants to start to learn
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kimll

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:36:08 pm »
Yes, there will be plenty of wooden boards being demolished - the autographing is a good idea :) And you can count on fliers being available this year!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58:01 pm »
I think it would be cool if you acutally taught some of the audience members some of the basic moves like bring them into the center and teach them some basic moves. It would be lots of fun to watch especially with people in cosplay trying to do basic moves as long as their cosplay outfit allow them to move.  If you did this i would totally participate.

I liked  see this morphed into say simple moves that can be applied as very basic self defense course? Does that make sense?
Just thinking about it, during con lots of kids and lots are outside at night and the world isn't always a safe place
*stressed as not to be used in jest/or outside of demo to peeps*

Actually thinking about it wouldn't be a bad idea for a pannel next year, "how to stay safe", not saying they are not safe, but any place with a couple k of people unsupervised by parents, people don't always think

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kimll

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »
Thank you for your suggestion, I have some ideas in mind already!