Author Topic: Looking at new sewing machines  (Read 1267 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Looking at new sewing machines
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:59:19 pm »
Okay I am thinking of getting a new sewing machine since repairing my old one would cost almost the same amount for a tune up. Saw this for $170 online at Jo Anne, and at target its $129, tho I would also get 10% off from baby registry. I don't do a ton of sewing mostly simple things blankets pjs cosplays ect. I tend to use a strait stitch with a zig zag over the rough edge.

its an singer esteem 2
http://www.target.com/p/Singer-Esteem-II-Sewing-Machine-2273/-/A-11151626

Other sewing machine owners, any thoughts opinions advice?  Any help is apreshated.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:01:00 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: Looking at new sewing machines
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:49:12 am »
I really enjoy that sewing mashing I have one myself I am useing at my friends house it works very well. and is easy to put togeather along with threading.  The only issue for me was the bobbin park but after the first few mistakes i ended up gettign it coreccted

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: Looking at new sewing machines
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:13 pm »
My first sewing machine was a Brother CS6000i, and I have been using it for the last 5 years of cosplay work and minor repairs. I have taught myself how to sew with it and, well, it's just been great to me. Usage is fairly simple and even threads the needle for you if you just guide it. I've tried using my mother's old one and that required self threading (with the closed one eye 'n all) and was real fussy due to its age...:) I still don't know how to really sew things, but all I need is a somewhat straight line to keep the pieces together!  There are many stitch functions (like 100? including zig-zag), but I've only used a few, so this model might not be for you if you only require practical and simple stitching. I bought it partially with a Walmart giftcard--it was around $170+ back then...

I don't have any cons for my sewing machine. It has served me well over these years. :D I hope you find one that you will like! Oh, I think Target is a good place to purchase from because they have a great 90-day return policy. 

And so it begins...